which one is preferable??

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
This sound like a ""noob-never-ending-story" thread....
You need to be more specific, bro. If your question not specific, the answer you get is also not specific.

Preferable for what purpose?

For racing?
For look?
For low cost? low maintenace?
For modding? Swapping?
For easy installation?

hardcorecar

Known Member
Jan 10, 2013
Sabah
This sound like a ""noob-never-ending-story" thread....
You need to be more specific, bro. If your question not specific, the answer you get is also not specific.

Preferable for what purpose?

For racing?
For look?
For low cost? low maintenace?
For modding? Swapping?
For easy installation?
Ooo..how bout for universal purpose??I guess it's not a wrong thing to ask kn..I bet u must be da pro one since this thread is for noob never ending story..:adore:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I.c. For universal purpose you mean.
Then, the standard OEM pump would do.....

BTW, what car are you driving for the pump installation?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
External pump easy to change or inspect since most pumps are inside the tank. Usually external pump is used when using small fuel tanks or race tank and where changing of the pumps need to be done easily.

For normal road use, an internal pump is sufficient and much safer because in the event of an accident with the pump outside it will easily cause a fire to start that's why some cars and race cars have an emergency fuel cut off switch if they have an external fuel pump and also if there's a leaking problem the fuel will leak all over your rear boot or cabin which is hazardous.

When it comes to such modification is not just by moving the pump outside of the car. You need to have other things that need to be changed too. Like fuel hose, new fuel pump bracket, new fuel line...etc...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hey guys..wanna ask between internal and external fuel pump..which one is better??
I dont mean to judge you as a noob or not.
Imagine if I ask someone a question as such:

"I wanna ask between roti canai bungkus and roti canai eat at restaurant......which one is better?"

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

External pump easy to change or inspect since most pumps are inside the tank. Usually external pump is used when using small fuel tanks or race tank and where changing of the pumps need to be done easily.

For normal road use, an internal pump is sufficient and much safer because in the event of an accident with the pump outside it will easily cause a fire to start that's why some cars and race cars have an emergency fuel cut off switch if they have an external fuel pump and also if there's a leaking problem the fuel will leak all over your rear boot or cabin which is hazardous.

When it comes to such modification is not just by moving the pump outside of the car. You need to have other things that need to be changed too. Like fuel hose, new fuel pump bracket, new fuel line...etc...
Just to add abit......external pump (especially a big, hi performance ones) are rather noise in operation and irritating to some ppl if installed in the boot. Therefore, some ppl resorted installing the external pump externally (undercarriage). This could mean more complicated fuel lines...

External pump and internal pumps suitability also depends on the preference whether to use standard fuel tank or racing fuel tank.

All in all, the answers are not simply yes or no.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I dont mean to judge you as a noob or not.
Imagine if I ask someone a question as such:

"I wanna ask between roti canai bungkus and roti canai eat at restaurant......which one is better?"

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Just to add abit......external pump (especially a big, hi performance ones) are rather noise in operation and irritating to some ppl if installed in the boot. Therefore, some ppl resorted installing the external pump externally (undercarriage). This could mean more complicated fuel lines...

External pump and internal pumps suitability also depends on the preference whether to use standard fuel tank or racing fuel tank.

All in all, the answers are not simply yes or no.
Yup, it's noisy with that whining sound but maybe TS want to have that sound "oh external fuel pump, hmmm must be heavily modded car....." :adore:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
TitanRev, you might be right..... Some ppl want to have those sporty sound, to tell ppl that their car is modded kua?.

Similar case of ppl modding their cap-ayam car exhaust so loudly to make ppl head turn when their car driving pass through...
Most of them regretted their action when they can't even tahan the loud drowning sound of the loud exhaust when driving at highway...
I was like driving in a washing machine for hours.......

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! was reading and thinking, got to find suitable safe location and go to rewire too.....:banghead:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
to me simple.. street legal tuned car, use internal pump for pump life reliability. hardcore track tuned car, go for external double pump with fuel cell and braided hose. and dont forget emergency cut-off button.. :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience