What should I do for 4G93?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
iscv controls idle speed, coming from toyota it makes sure idle speed is constant, every single moment. a good mod

iscv = idle speed controller valve, the name shud give away the function, lol

i got it mixed up, lol. toyota uses FICD, i dunno what dat means, lol. dis thing makes sure idle is constant. my 4efte can idle at 600rpm constant je, shows how good the thing is.

Last edited:

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah i read ur thread oredi. u mentioned replacing ISC with FICD. isit shown in the thread? btw, i have added what my mechanic say is FITT which is a bunch of hoses and a valve to control timing when aircon compressor is activated. will take a pic when i m free and show u. so far it allows me to adjust the timing and also preventing my engine from stalling

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
iscv controls idle speed, coming from toyota it makes sure idle speed is constant, every single moment. a good mod

iscv = idle speed controller valve, the name shud give away the function, lol

i got it mixed up, lol. toyota uses FICD, i dunno what dat means, lol. dis thing makes sure idle is constant. my 4efte can idle at 600rpm constant je, shows how good the thing is.
Fast Idling Control Device

industrial term, it's just a solenoid valve

yeah i read ur thread oredi. u mentioned replacing ISC with FICD. isit shown in the thread? btw, i have added what my mechanic say is FITT which is a bunch of hoses and a valve to control timing when aircon compressor is activated. will take a pic when i m free and show u. so far it allows me to adjust the timing and also preventing my engine from stalling
But u got rough idle??

interesting mod but why don't you just hook the FICD with some 10mm hose to the intake directly?
1-The messy flying hoses pissed me up everytime I see them
2-longer hose will have slower response. Actual hose size is 8mm. 10mm will get lose very fast.
3-removing the water passage makes my engine lighter, since the water is used to prevent throttle freeze/jam in the winter n we don't have winter in Malaysia.
4-Without removing the ISC, it'll still run without control. Unless u unplug the socket.
5-doesn't wanna share too much vacumn line to the same source. It'll affect other devices that is sharing the same vacumn line if not connected properly.
6-want to maintain the blow off sound without having to drill another hole onto my IC piping.
4-

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i read ur thread. a bit confusing for non technical guys like me but i roughly get the idea. which one is the FIDC in the pics? btw, my mechanic has installed a FITT which is a buncha hoses and a valve to allow me to adjust the timing when aircon compressor kicks in. i can turn the valve to adjust and it prevents my engine from stalling (i have a problem that the engine rpm drops sometimes twice in a row when throttle is not open. FITT prevents rpm from dropping until engine stall)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
i read ur thread. a bit confusing for non technical guys like me but i roughly get the idea. which one is the FIDC in the pics? btw, my mechanic has installed a FITT which is a buncha hoses and a valve to allow me to adjust the timing when aircon compressor kicks in. i can turn the valve to adjust and it prevents my engine from stalling (i have a problem that the engine rpm drops sometimes twice in a row when throttle is not open. FITT prevents rpm from dropping until engine stall)
err... Confusing ka? Nothing much actually. Just get the water passage removed completely, print out the drawing with 7 holes and send it to
engineering shop. Get the plate mounted substituting the ISC mount block with water passage. And get the FICD connected.

FICD is the black color device beside the TB.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
maybe i should juz replace my ISCD which might be koyak oredi. lolz. i m stuck wif wad to do now. one thing is my engine will drop rpm very very low for 2 times in a row once a while. if i don't use the FITT my engine will go off. lolz

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
maybe i should juz replace my ISCD which might be koyak oredi. lolz. i m stuck wif wad to do now. one thing is my engine will drop rpm very very low for 2 times in a row once a while. if i don't use the FITT my engine will go off. lolz
ISC cost RM50 for a used unit. We don't know how the condition is. So, it's a risk. A new one from Proton is damn 9 7 expensive... If i'm not mistaken, the last time i called Proton up to ask. I think they quoted me a few hundred bucks...

Even then, u'll have the same problem in a couple of years...

U can print out the post and show it to ur mechanic. He'll know what to do... Simple.

If u dun mind flying hoses in ur engine bay, here u are.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
where can i get the FICD and how much would it be? my FITT connects to the points in ur drawing so i m not sure if i should touch them. haven't got the time to take the pics yet. will update wif pics when i can.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
where can i get the FICD and how much would it be? my FITT connects to the points in ur drawing so i m not sure if i should touch them. haven't got the time to take the pics yet. will update wif pics when i can.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/325035-toyota-ficd.html

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/340038-store-clearance-toyota-ficd.html

Or halfcuts.

Price should be able to nego.

Try whichever serves better.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
its funny how my engine rpm will drop 2 times when in free gear during air con operation. even when car is stationery.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
its funny how my engine rpm will drop 2 times when in free gear during air con operation. even when car is stationery.
U have to unplug the existing ISC. It should be better. And u can just get a FICD and try to replace the FITT. Try try. See whichever serves better... Then keep it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HPC and MAM's first ever 4 Endurance race in Sepang will commence this June 12th 2011. This will be a private event sanctioned by the Motorsports Association of Malaysia (MAM) and allows for all race prepared cars old and new ranging from 1600cc, 1800cc and 2000cc.

If you you have yourself a Honda Civic EG for example, your...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience