What should I do for 4G93?

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am driving a Wira 1.8EXi which is using 4G93 DOHC engine. Below are my upgrades to engine bay so far :

1. Center cat 2.3" and piping 2.3" straight through till back cat back
2. HKS Powerflow 200mm Air filter
3. Throttle body upgraded to MIVEC's which I think is over 60mm (anyone got any idea?)
4. NGK spark plug cables

Basically not much but I m thinking of getting it tuned as I left it unused for a few years and I find the engine not as powerful as it used to be. Am thinking of getting a piggyback for the ECU due to financial constraint. What sort of piggyback or electronics should I get? Last time might be a SAFC II or eManage. Any advices? I am hoping for a second hand piggyback if available.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
get an emanage and get a good tuner to tune it sir, i highly suggest joshua thiran of millennium motorsports for the tuning process. i can get a good price if u wanna get an emanage+installation+dyno tuning on the dyno dynamics. please pm for details, tq sir

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
Use TOMEI highcam, recently have in the market for 4G93, available in a few duration..
272, 280, 290, and 306 degree.. Sound also 'ganaz'..hehehe.
Use SAFC II for me its more easy to tune.
Make sure head already been port n polish for maximum outcome..:smokin:

wirahybrid

Known Member
Oct 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wirahybrid.blogspot.com
bro, you said you left the car unused for some time right?? so i would suggest is a full engine rebuild or an overhaul (same thing happened to me, car was unused for 2 years and after a full rebuild including balancing, the engine now runs like new)... should not cost more than 2k(overestimating here incase you need to replace some expensive parts like the oil pump,bearings,belt auto-tensioner and etc) inclusive of new replacement parts with good workmanship... from my experience, there's no better way to start modding than to start off with a 'healthy' engine and if you still have enough budget, then i would suggest getting a piggyback. i would personally recommend e-manage but like Mrnazmi said, SAFC II is easier to tune but not as versatile as the e-manage... but it all depends on ur budget and how you wanna use it... happy modding :driver:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
wirahybrid, although what u informed are true, but i think he is working within a budget. i suggest running the engine first, and do some check up ie compression test to make sure the condition of the engine, then make plans whether rebuild is in order. get emanage for the management

wirahybrid

Known Member
Oct 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wirahybrid.blogspot.com
wirahybrid, although what u informed are true, but i think he is working within a budget. i suggest running the engine first, and do some check up ie compression test to make sure the condition of the engine, then make plans whether rebuild is in order. get emanage for the management
oops... missed out the budget part... if thats the case then what you said is appropriate.... btw, TS, do inform us your budget. that way most of the forumers will be able to guide you better and within your budget.. just my 2 cents n happy modding :driver:

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well, budget is important for me and i always like to get things done on my car for maximum effect with the least money. lolz. an engine rebuild will be too crazy for me at the moment. can't have car in workshop for long as i need it for work. and also the money involved. spent over 1k in changing my fuel system : tank, pump, injectors due to rust collected in them. lolz

i m thinking in the line of emanage as its the best budget piggyback around and more accurate and reliable than SAFC/2. though will need to connect to a PC to tune it unlike changing settings on SAFC module. i find my idling/ignition air fuel mixture to be unstable at times. that's why i m thinking of the above. thinking of adding a piggyback for now and if $ permits an engine rebuild or blueprinting later. wadcha guys think?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
blue printing? not needed imo, i prefer to do internals balancing jer.. unstable idle shows a couple of things, disconnected / wrongly installed vacuum hoses gives out erratic idle jugek. if u just wanna get rid of dat erratics, den going for a piggy back isnt the way to go. u need to get ur car checked up first sir

for more power within a bajet, i can pm u for dat, lol

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
I am driving a Wira 1.8EXi which is using 4G93 DOHC engine. Below are my upgrades to engine bay so far :

1. Center cat 2.3" and piping 2.3" straight through till back cat back
2. HKS Powerflow 200mm Air filter
3. Throttle body upgraded to MIVEC's which I think is over 60mm (anyone got any idea?)
4. NGK spark plug cables

Basically not much but I m thinking of getting it tuned as I left it unused for a few years and I find the engine not as powerful as it used to be. Am thinking of getting a piggyback for the ECU due to financial constraint. What sort of piggyback or electronics should I get? Last time might be a SAFC II or eManage. Any advices? I am hoping for a second hand piggyback if available.
What kind of modification needs to be done depends purely on what kind of end result u're looking for and what kind of budget available on ur side.

And also what system/set up u're having now.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Ur isc kong. Convert to ficd. Search one of my thread on how to convert ur tb into racing tb.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all the sifu's,
I have a 4g93 GTI engine (MMC Ecu). Currently the engine is 100% stock.
I'm planning to perform a few engine moddifications. I need alil advice on the modifications that I'm about to perform.

My idea is;
1) Change the trottlebody to enlarged Mikuni 4g63 Perdana trottlebody.
2) Change the intake manifold to MIVEC intake. (Which is better MIVEC or GSR?)
3) Port match the trottlebody to the intake manifold to the engine head.
4) Full engine job (Port & Polish...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience