Water temp installation

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by gilos@Jan 10 2005, 21:37
ezwong2002,
dude, u said u hv the adaptor for sensor...
how can i get it from u??
bro.. my location in penang da... the adapter looks like what sunnyboy posted.. u can PM me if u wan to get it from me.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by gilos@Jan 11 2005, 08:56
well done... :)
any pics??
i`ll snap some pics by tonight . anyway what are the ideal readings for the water temp eh ?. i mean what are the ideal operating temp for a car ?. and what is the max temp for a stock paper gasket ?. 100 celcius ?

sunnyboy

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
as long as the reading not over 120c, it's safe, if ever exceed that level, stop ur car

gilos

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
heheh...nice :)
mine still not done...have to buy adaptor...but have to postpone this project coz i hv dateline to meet...haih..hehhe :(

cossie

Known Member
May 10, 2004
MY
cossie.blogspot.com
103 degrees celcius

i think the maximum operating temperature of the fluid for the engine cooling system in all motorcars is 103 degrees celsius, this is because when water has been mixed with 50% coolant by volume in addition to being under pressure, the cooling fluid will rise up to a temperature of 103 degrees celsius before the pressure release on the radiator cap opens.

if the temperature reading rises above 103 degrees celsius, it may indicate that the cooling system has been contaminated by other fluids which are able to reach higher temperatures before turning into a gaseous state. oil is an example of such a fluid. allowing the engine coolant to be at this high temperature to be circulating around the engine will cause the electric fan to work more often resulting in reduce life-span of the electric motor and more frequent 'drag' (increased amount of work) for the charging system.

this is just what i understand from the liquid state and gaseous state of water (steam). pure water boils at 100 degrees celsius and just beyond 100 degrees celsius it turns into steam. mixing with 'engine coolant' will raise the boiling point of water a little and having water under pressure such as the closed system in the radiator will also raise the boiling point of water by a little.

i will check this information again and update this if i am mistaken.

satria4g13p

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Jalan Ipoh
Need help

I just installed the temp gauge, i tap the + wire from the cigerete fuse box there,ground it to the battery negative terminal,light not yet connect,wired up the sensor using back my previous sensor,im driving nissan terrano, why when i turn on the key,it shoot up to 120? then i turn the key to light up the meter,it goes back to a respectively temperature, then when i start the car, it slowy increas,as the reading is increasing until 100 degree, so got any problem? as i dont know my car spec as well...thanks!