should i install HID..?

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
haha..so risky,nowdays alot roadblock..if kena block sure hv to go thru alot things..like inspection n bla bla bla,then all the tinted windows hv to be remove..:(

Mar 4, 2009
Heard a fren of mine complain abt HID(white) not able to shine that well during rain esp in highway. switched back to oem d...

Bump: Heard a fren of mine complain abt HID(white) not able to shine that well during rain esp in highway. switched back to oem d...

Bump: Heard a fren of mine complain abt HID(white) not able to shine that well during rain esp in highway. switched back to oem d...

zthis

Banned
May 22, 2009
if u want to be a road bully and blinds everyone else's....then install......

otherwise,it's a waste of money and time. my own experience using HID too isnt very pleasant, it costs me rm400 to buy so called "good quality" hi-low beam HID using retractable moving HID bulbs with waranty, not even 2 months one of the ballast busted and the dealer refuse to give warranty....mch!

Bump:
Heard a fren of mine complain abt HID(white) not able to shine that well during rain esp in highway. switched back to oem d...
HID beam is useless in foggy weather, especially at nite in genting u can see NOTHING

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
bro Mick, i reckon u look for this guy in marketplace called 'jojo'. he sells high quality HID bulbs and ballasts at economical price. lasts very long too, dont worry bout the cops...as long as they don't ask you to pop the hood, they wont know its HID

i also suggest you get 4300k which is yellowish and adjust it low. around knee length when you stand a feet away from the headlamps. just don't wear high heels when ur adjusting...hehe:biggrin:

if you wanna go for quality assurance, i reckon Philips. one of the pioneers in lighting. but gotta fork out RM 2k plus which i think is too much

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
so why not spend a lil more for HID thats still yellow and 10 times brighter than crap halogen?

practical night vision upgrade. yellow still able to penetrate rain and fog unlike white which reflects the droplets of water.

justmen

Dec 1, 2008
You will have problem during heavy rains. It will be very difficult for you to see further ahead.

You can try install for your anti-fog light, some people do it and it is much better than putting it in your head lights.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
in my opinion,

dont get it done...seriously...last time i just put the whitish bulb also i kena saman cause "mengubah suai lampu".You want put HID..its damn irritating laa...always glare onto on coming traffic.OEM bulbs is good la...bright just go get some grounding kit + polish your headlamps if its yellowish and contaminated and your lamps will be beautiful for night diriving...if your vision is that bad,add spotlights..normal orange ones...and i think you'll be fine...avoid the hassle of police and very IRRITATED drivers coming on the opposite side...its so dangerous u know..it can cause temporary blindness for opposite drivers and might even cause MAJOR accidents to innocent ppl with families.The cars with original HID is very different..

Too many cons just to "look" nice.If you really cant see the road,,just do as i posted above...if you still cant see the road clearly at night...YOU SHOULDNT BE DRIVING!

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
AD EG,this is so true,,better not to endanger others life,since there are so many drivers disagree with the installation of HID,finally changed my mind not to change it la..without the proper installation might cause temp. blindness..but nw my current bulbs is Narva range power silver..look bit like white.But nt as bright also.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
AD EG,this is so true,,better not to endanger others life,since there are so many drivers disagree with the installation of HID,finally changed my mind not to change it la..without the proper installation might cause temp. blindness..but nw my current bulbs is Narva range power silver..look bit like white.But nt as bright also.

Youve done the right thing bro.

I too love how HID looks,but its not practical.the costs + danger + summons !!

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
aftermarket spotlights have to be adjusted properly as well, if not its no diff from having HID's

not many ppl know how to adjust spotlights..to them, the brighter the better. just 2 screws very hard issit?:stupid:

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
the light produce from the stock one can penetrate the rain....HIDs cant...it reflect back to our eyes...so if its raining...die la...cannot see anything...so better dont install....just my 2cents:biggrin:

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
lagi lagi those freaking myvis using HID , mch kns , the car bloody high alrdy , if follow u from the back , sure blind like fu*k , sometimes feel like stopping , get down with a hammer and smashed kau his headlamp , bloody hell , think ppl no need 2 see one aer ?

anyway get a relay kit + Bosch Bulbs , confirmed happy and not illegal

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
dunno bout u guys, i been using mine for almost 2 years.

rain then just change to yellow lights lor, since my HID does come with hi and low beam
using the 8k HIDs

so far, only one HID bulb busted on the yellow beam.
police roadblock, went past without problem.

kena tahan once cause of the busted yellow beam, then changed back to HID in front of them and told them ada 2 lampu. they let me off as well with a warning to get the yellow light repaired.

friends and family that convoy with me also never complain that my lights are glaring.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
lagi lagi those freaking myvis using HID , mch kns , the car bloody high alrdy , if follow u from the back , sure blind like fu*k , sometimes feel like stopping , get down with a hammer and smashed kau his headlamp , bloody hell , think ppl no need 2 see one aer ?

anyway get a relay kit + Bosch Bulbs , confirmed happy and not illegal
i second that !! all this idiots with high cars using HID .. :stupid: if they follow behind me i sure jam brake let him overtake....not only irritating in my side mirror but my rear view also !!!

And PocRoc is right,

Its merely 2 screws that needs to be adjusted to ensure others are not affected.Dont have screwdriver? come to my house i screwdrive you,oops i mean use my screwdriver do for you.