should i install HID..?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
so why not spend a lil more for HID thats still yellow and 10 times brighter than crap halogen?

practical night vision upgrade. yellow still able to penetrate rain and fog unlike white which reflects the droplets of water.

justmen

Dec 1, 2008
You will have problem during heavy rains. It will be very difficult for you to see further ahead.

You can try install for your anti-fog light, some people do it and it is much better than putting it in your head lights.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
in my opinion,

dont get it done...seriously...last time i just put the whitish bulb also i kena saman cause "mengubah suai lampu".You want put HID..its damn irritating laa...always glare onto on coming traffic.OEM bulbs is good la...bright just go get some grounding kit + polish your headlamps if its yellowish and contaminated and your lamps will be beautiful for night diriving...if your vision is that bad,add spotlights..normal orange ones...and i think you'll be fine...avoid the hassle of police and very IRRITATED drivers coming on the opposite side...its so dangerous u know..it can cause temporary blindness for opposite drivers and might even cause MAJOR accidents to innocent ppl with families.The cars with original HID is very different..

Too many cons just to "look" nice.If you really cant see the road,,just do as i posted above...if you still cant see the road clearly at night...YOU SHOULDNT BE DRIVING!

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
AD EG,this is so true,,better not to endanger others life,since there are so many drivers disagree with the installation of HID,finally changed my mind not to change it la..without the proper installation might cause temp. blindness..but nw my current bulbs is Narva range power silver..look bit like white.But nt as bright also.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
AD EG,this is so true,,better not to endanger others life,since there are so many drivers disagree with the installation of HID,finally changed my mind not to change it la..without the proper installation might cause temp. blindness..but nw my current bulbs is Narva range power silver..look bit like white.But nt as bright also.

Youve done the right thing bro.

I too love how HID looks,but its not practical.the costs + danger + summons !!

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
aftermarket spotlights have to be adjusted properly as well, if not its no diff from having HID's

not many ppl know how to adjust spotlights..to them, the brighter the better. just 2 screws very hard issit?:stupid:

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
the light produce from the stock one can penetrate the rain....HIDs cant...it reflect back to our eyes...so if its raining...die la...cannot see anything...so better dont install....just my 2cents:biggrin:

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
lagi lagi those freaking myvis using HID , mch kns , the car bloody high alrdy , if follow u from the back , sure blind like fu*k , sometimes feel like stopping , get down with a hammer and smashed kau his headlamp , bloody hell , think ppl no need 2 see one aer ?

anyway get a relay kit + Bosch Bulbs , confirmed happy and not illegal

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
dunno bout u guys, i been using mine for almost 2 years.

rain then just change to yellow lights lor, since my HID does come with hi and low beam
using the 8k HIDs

so far, only one HID bulb busted on the yellow beam.
police roadblock, went past without problem.

kena tahan once cause of the busted yellow beam, then changed back to HID in front of them and told them ada 2 lampu. they let me off as well with a warning to get the yellow light repaired.

friends and family that convoy with me also never complain that my lights are glaring.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
lagi lagi those freaking myvis using HID , mch kns , the car bloody high alrdy , if follow u from the back , sure blind like fu*k , sometimes feel like stopping , get down with a hammer and smashed kau his headlamp , bloody hell , think ppl no need 2 see one aer ?

anyway get a relay kit + Bosch Bulbs , confirmed happy and not illegal
i second that !! all this idiots with high cars using HID .. :stupid: if they follow behind me i sure jam brake let him overtake....not only irritating in my side mirror but my rear view also !!!

And PocRoc is right,

Its merely 2 screws that needs to be adjusted to ensure others are not affected.Dont have screwdriver? come to my house i screwdrive you,oops i mean use my screwdriver do for you.

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
sumtimes when u see those cars wif bright hids,looks really scary when they come closer n closer too ur car..im sure they doin on purpose wan la
try to stick at ur backside n wan u to giv way,summore they like to 'flash light' at others :mad:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
Vox..

4300k color is identical to normal halogen stock bulb color... but more clearer n wider spread... pretty difficult to identify whether it is HID or not when viewed.. but from inside the car.. ull know its a hid... since its spread further n clearer... road signs n markings are easy to see.. n no problems in rain compared to 6000K WHITE N 8000K BLUE color hid bulbs..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
haaa...luka, we're on the same page :driver:

i've totally striked out spotlights yet alone foglamps as boggysv ranted out...
only if you don't wanna use HID but you will still add extra lamps..individual styling i guess

Last edited:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
actually.. it is illlegal to use Fog lights/spot lights when you are in well lit city areas... on the highways n rainy days it is ok...

ivanlee202

Jun 12, 2009
Bros, for installing HID, sure kena saman 1. But will have better luck if you mod the headlamp 1st.
If for wira change to the projector headlamp, then only install the HID, but ofcouse dun use super white colour, using the 4300k will get you thru. Been passing alot of blocks after my mods.
Pay for the headlamp better than kena saman

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
actually.. it is illlegal to use Fog lights/spot lights when you are in well lit city areas... on the highways n rainy days it is ok...
this i didnt know...damn...

badturz

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2008
Install only if u wish. haha!
but if u are good in spotted road block.. that was great.
i got 1 frd tinted black for the whole car..
pay until he no money .. 1 time kena rm50.
:smokin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
moral of the story : if you like buying "kopi" for the goverment then feel free to proceed.

if not just be a good civilian :rofl:

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
Bros, for installing HID, sure kena saman 1. But will have better luck if you mod the headlamp 1st.
If for wira change to the projector headlamp, then only install the HID, but ofcouse dun use super white colour, using the 4300k will get you thru. Been passing alot of blocks after my mods.
Pay for the headlamp better than kena saman
really?how many times u pass roadblock?mind to share wat HID ur using?

Last edited:

ivanlee202

Jun 12, 2009
really?how many times u pass roadblock?mind to share wat HID ur using?
Dear Angrysnail and other too, the trick is in the headlamp. Projctor headlamps doesn't reflex the HID beams as our usual headlight reflextor. The light from a projected headlamp are more concentreted and not glaring. The output is abit blurry, therefore not so eye catching. But remember to use only the yellow light range. 4300k is normally the max you can go from getting block.

I'm currently using Bosch HID kit, runnig at 4300k for my wira with projected headlamp. But in toyota MRS I'm using 6000k, been safe and sound too from getting the ticket from JPJ or Polis.

Anyhow the wira equip with 4300k in projector headlamp is sure to go. Even had send the car for JPJ inspection 3 weeks ago also tak kena.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sorry if this is a repeat topic.

Anyone here knows how to DIY smoked headlights? Is there a special type of paint we can use to darkened our headlights?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience