Possible Additional Modification for Waja 1.6

DavidLiew

Nov 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Dear All Sifus,

I owned a Waja 1.6 (A), if I am not wrong its 4G18. Currently done the following modifications:

1. K&N Drop-in Filter
2. 4-2-1 Extractor
3. GAB Adjustable Absorber
4. AR Racing Sports Rotor
5. Bendix Metal King Titanium Brake Pads
6. Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
7. E-Manage

I planned to further modify it to get more hourse power and responses especially first press on the accelerator e.g. rushing out from a junction. I like fast pick-up on the speed.

One of the shops recommended the following:

1. Aerospeed Cam Pully
2. Aerospeed High Cam
3. Aerospeed Fuel Regulator
4. K&N Open Pod Filter (however I understand that this is not suitable for my automatic transmission)

Hope that sifus here can give some precious advices and recommendations (including brands).

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Aerospeed or Arospeed? Better make sure orr...got big difference :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hehe...Sorry ya.... Don't know how to spell.... the popular one that most of the shop keeps :P
No bro, arospeed does exist. I just remember someone told me that aerospeed and arospeed is different company...But nvm ignore me man, cuz i can't find the aerospeed anyway now :rofl:

Pai seh...:banghead:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hi bro,

-port n polish the head.
-change your piping
-change to manual(racing clutch,lighten flywheel)
-stroker kit

and if budget allow bolt on turbo will be nice...since got emanage already...

when you buy the cam pulley and cams, you can choose to do the port n polish at the same time since the head is open. after doing alol these mods, u need a retune...so if u planning to BOT also, you should do all at the same time if possible and save money on having to retune again...if not...cam pulley+cams+pnp+tuning same time

Last edited:

DavidLiew

Nov 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
No bro, arospeed does exist. I just remember someone told me that aerospeed and arospeed is different company...But nvm ignore me man, cuz i can't find the aerospeed anyway now :rofl:

Pai seh...:banghead:
No worries bro. I am a newbie. I also don't know which one I saw. :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

change to alloy / lightened crank pulley shud do the trick.. little bit la.. :flute:
Thanks for your information. I understand that lighten crank pulley will increase hp. However, for AT, it will lose power when going uphill. Is that true?

hi bro,

-port n polish the head.
-change your piping
-change to manual(racing clutch,lighten flywheel)
-stroker kit

and if budget allow bolt on turbo will be nice...since got emanage already...

when you buy the cam pulley and cams, you can choose to do the port n polish at the same time since the head is open. after doing alol these mods, u need a retune...so if u planning to BOT also, you should do all at the same time if possible and save money on having to retune again...if not...cam pulley+cams+pnp+tuning same time
Hi bro, thanks for the information. is PnP same as skimming? What is the proper piping for AT? Err...I still prefer AT due to the jam. What is a stroker kit? Sorry ya....I am a newbie :bawling:

I love BOT but the cost is a factor and also worry that it might cause problems. One mechanic told me that my gear box might not tahan plus my gear box now slipped. I don't know how he know.

I heard from some people that modding the cam pulley and cams will makes the engine shake and not nice to drive. At the same time, some people told me that with e-manage, this won't happen after tuning. How true is that?

Any good place you can recommend to to all the above modifications?

change to manual...!
I still prefer AT for the daily jam in KL... hehehe

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
there are many types of ppl :
1. modified standard engine kaw2, feel the G-force a little bit and feel good bout it and stop.
2. modified standard engine kaw2 then suddenly got overtake by some modified car, then bolt on turbo
3. modified standard engine kaw2, BOT, feel more g-force, then enuff oredi
4. modified standard engine kaw2, BOT, feel more g-force, then got overtake by some other forced induction, change engine.
5. throw standard engine asap and change to forced induction engine, one time big money pumping out, and feel gud oredi. (1 time investment and skip all the money waste of type 1-4, but lack the knowledge of modification..)

so.. which one are ya? let ask your pocket heheheheh... :biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro looking at ur reply, i think ur options are very limited. really. i also find it hard to advise.

port and polish not same as skimming bro..port and polish the head...when the head come out from factory its not perfect and smooth...which can cause restriction....so after porting the airflow is better...

since wanna maintain auto, and don wanna play turbo... you can only increase CC la bro but this also damn expensive already... i think last time got some guys who cater all kinds of performance upgrades is Powerzone. can pay them a visit and see what parts they have for you within ur budget...but honestly speaking...the $$ can cost a new engine transplant...so you see which is better for yourself

DavidLiew

Nov 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
there are many types of ppl :
1. modified standard engine kaw2, feel the G-force a little bit and feel good bout it and stop.
2. modified standard engine kaw2 then suddenly got overtake by some modified car, then bolt on turbo
3. modified standard engine kaw2, BOT, feel more g-force, then enuff oredi
4. modified standard engine kaw2, BOT, feel more g-force, then got overtake by some other forced induction, change engine.
5. throw standard engine asap and change to forced induction engine, one time big money pumping out, and feel gud oredi. (1 time investment and skip all the money waste of type 1-4, but lack the knowledge of modification..)

so.. which one are ya? let ask your pocket heheheheh... :biggrin:
Ithink I am those modified little bit....feel the G-force and feel good. Then get bored with the current level, upgrade again to the next level.....feel the G-force and feel good. Then get bored again and ........... non-stop :biggrin:

bro looking at ur reply, i think ur options are very limited. really. i also find it hard to advise.

port and polish not same as skimming bro..port and polish the head...when the head come out from factory its not perfect and smooth...which can cause restriction....so after porting the airflow is better...

since wanna maintain auto, and don wanna play turbo... you can only increase CC la bro but this also damn expensive already... i think last time got some guys who cater all kinds of performance upgrades is Powerzone. can pay them a visit and see what parts they have for you within ur budget...but honestly speaking...the $$ can cost a new engine transplant...so you see which is better for yourself
Thanks bro. Where is Powerzone? You got the address? I understand n/a could be more expensive to modified in the long run. But it allow modification slowly. Since my pocket and knowledge are limited, I thinks thats my only choice although I love BOT:bawling:

AeroDek

Known Member
Jan 22, 2009
Bro have you dyno your car?
I think u should have done since u're using emanage already.
Mind to share how many hp or bhp u get?

DavidLiew

Nov 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, I did my Dyno about 5 years back during my second tuning in my hometown. The chart shows improvement in hp. Unfortunately, I lost all the records when I moved to KL. :banghead: Still trying to locate the files where I kept the records.

Initially I feel great after tuning but the longer I drive (after few years), I felt the power is not there or not enough. Don't know if it's due to psychology only or my car need an upgrade or retuning. :confused:

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
Ithink I am those modified little bit....feel the G-force and feel good. Then get bored with the current level, upgrade again to the next level.....feel the G-force and feel good. Then get bored again and ........... non-stop :biggrin:
whoaaa.. good for you la... heheheh.. from bottom to top.. but then, to play with NA is a huge diffrent with turbo, to get HP, more $$ need to be throw out..

simple calculation:
NA : 1HP = RM1000
Turbo : 1HP = RM10

:biggrin:

DavidLiew

Nov 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
whoaaa.. good for you la... heheheh.. from bottom to top.. but then, to play with NA is a huge diffrent with turbo, to get HP, more $$ need to be throw out..

simple calculation:
NA : 1HP = RM1000
Turbo : 1HP = RM10

:biggrin:
True bro. It's more expensive to play n/a. However, it's allow me to upgrade little by little while BOT need to pay all at one time. Poor people like me cannot afford :smokin: Plus my auto transmission might not tahan even on 0.7 boost :listen:

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Just did a power run on the Dyno this morning:

Max Power = 82.44
Max Torque = 11.72

Air Fuel on the red line.

Is this under power? :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I understand that on paper, 4G18P should have the following reading:

Power (hp) = 102@6,000rpm
Torque (Nm) = 140@2,750rpm

I asked the people selling performance parts how come my reading so low. Althought I have an 17" wheel and my car is 2001, there should not be so huge different. They told me those on paper are "Fly Wheel" while the Dyno I did is "On Wheel". Does any sifus here got the "On Wheel" reading for original 4G18P?

:confused:

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

I just found out my reading for Power is PS and the Torque is Kg-M. What's the difference compared to hp and Nm? :confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Previously, i had installed adjustable cam pulley on 4g93t..on the same time,i installed e-manage,sard fuel regulator and wallbro fuel pump.
i was on a standard boost (0.6bar) before installing those parts..and after installing,my mech set the boost to 1 bar as i insist...
the power i felt after testing on pickup(1st,2nd gear,cause the road not so long)was like same as 0.6 bar...or maybe is just my imagination...and after a long period of driving of my modification above,i got the feeling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience