Adjustable Cam Pulley On 4G93T

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Previously, i had installed adjustable cam pulley on 4g93t..on the same time,i installed e-manage,sard fuel regulator and wallbro fuel pump.
i was on a standard boost (0.6bar) before installing those parts..and after installing,my mech set the boost to 1 bar as i insist...
the power i felt after testing on pickup(1st,2nd gear,cause the road not so long)was like same as 0.6 bar...or maybe is just my imagination...and after a long period of driving of my modification above,i got the feeling tat my car power (Pickup and Topspeed) is not as high as before installing those parts..sound unbelieveable..

The exhaust sound after changing adjustable cam pulley is 'boob boob boob' like scooby sound as it suppose to be..

Information on my ACP (adjustable cam pulley) :
Divided into internal and external (there shud be another words of it,i dunno lol).
Internal is middle part of ACP.
External is the gear tat a timing belt is on top of it.
Both Internal and External is made of alluminium..
in this case,my mech advise me to just change the Internal,and left the External originally cause aluminium will sometimes cause the timing belt slips..
so i followed wat he advised.

Today,as i went back to my hometown and went to meet my fren...i asked a several question on about ACP..

he said tat , usually ppl use high cam only change ACP...cause if without high cam,the acceleration wil not be so smooth...

however,on the performance wise..
after changing ACP,the pickup on 1st and 2nd gear will decrease,and the top speed will increase or maybe same as original cam pulley..

Example : Normal without ACP,Pickup 100%,Topspeed 100%..after changing ACP,Pickup 80%,Topspeed 100% or 120%?

if i use original cam pulley,both pickup and topspeed are constants..

Example : Both Pickup and Topspeed 100%..

Added (Information on the other fren) 20 April 2008 - this is meant by because after changing ACP,the degree u set only can choose either pickup or top speed...

Example : Pickup 120%,Topspeed 80% OR Pickup 80%,Topspeed 120%

is this information accurate?

Assume tat if i choose pickup(well in the fact i did chose pickup) , the power i gain shud be more then before installing Fuel Regulator,Wallbro,ACP and E-manage...but how come i'm losing instead of gaining?

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
u can install a adjustable pulley to retard or advance ur cam
but u have to sacrifice something
u cant have good things of both world
many ppl have installed pulleys for fun, please do not
if not set properly u just gonna loose ur performance
and even more if u r running a stock cams, errrmmm , its a waste of money

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
u can install a adjustable pulley to retard or advance ur cam
but u have to sacrifice something
u cant have good things of both world
many ppl have installed pulleys for fun, please do not
if not set properly u just gonna loose ur performance
and even more if u r running a stock cams, errrmmm , its a waste of money
inlet what degree ? exzos ?
I EXTREAMLY APPRIECIATE BOTH OF U REPLYING MY POST..cause it show tat i'm not seeking help from ghost :)...thanks man!!

bro 4G93GTi-R : have to recheck wit my mech bout it..i actually forget xDD...exzos?u meant the size of it? inlet 2.5',outlet 3.5'...

bro jinkl : so mean tat if i change back to ori gsr cam pulley,i can gain back both ?or set the degree back to normal to gain back the power like ori gsr cam pulley?can it be done? aaa my bad..i thoought it only help to lighten the cam and didn't have any consequences on it...shit..

and 1 more thing to ask....it's a bit out of topic but just need a very straight forward answer...my blok is a 4g93 NA blok....wanted to change to a turbo blok...which blok is best suit for it?using back 4g93 turbo blok?heard tat they sometimes mix wit evo/vr4 blok...duno got such thing or not..

i saw ppl selling it wit (custom paper) ...
so meant we need to go for inspection if we change the blok too?
and changes in car card must be make?

Last edited:

ToyotaRules

Known Member
Aug 15, 2007
u hav 2 set inlet&exzos degree for ur engine spec.....if not u will totaly loss power.... find a mech 2 help u set ur ACP ......
just my 2cent...

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
m also in need of advice in this particular modification.... engine is a 91NA...
can say, when i adjust d intake pulley 2 advance(marking on d pulley,some ppl say its opposite,using arospeed) can feel acceleration improve..exhaust still maintain ori position...
adjust exhaust pulley 2 retard,top end power better... tats wat i experience.. duno how much it can help...

4G93GTi-R

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
i'm gonna ask you important mater..what do you feel drive you car or drag you car is it feel heavy or smooth and good ???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Just want to give everyone a word of advice on HID kits.
For those who hv fitted these kits, you might agree with me.

The Korean and Taiwanese kits are simply unreliable.
The bulbs hv a much shorter life compared to Phillips bulbs.
The kits are prone to imtermittent problems such as:

1. Once side refusing to light up.
2. Complete failure to light up
3. One side turning slightly yellowish and failing later on.

Pls stay away from SuperVision kits by Hokomoto. Lots and lots of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience