My odometer coming to 800,000km !

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
There are too many items that ive changed i left out, including the aircond compressor 2 times, aircond blower once, radiator once etc etc...

But i think its still cheaper than maintaining a diesel version of the same car. (no intention to discredit diesel car here) but its the truth !

But sometimes diesel diehards supporter cannot accept the truth, willing to falsify info to make diesel cars look economical to maintain.

Also willing to cheat on secondhand resale value to make it looks economical as well.

When all grounds are exposed and when they got no more lies to post, they close the thread on grounds that only me insulted other forumers...

How interesting?

Now you see this ungentleman side of this TR mod ?

Dont you all agree that its a very cowardly act from a loser ?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

that is very impressive, especially the gearbox. looks like you have maintained it well enough?

maybe now time to change new wheel bearings? arm bushes? link rods? rear arm bushes? new shocks?? new radiator? new electric fan? go through every rubber part in the engine bay?

your engine consuming any engine oil? power still good?

My current gearbox sometimes jerk when gear changes from 3rd to 4th but it still can go without much interferences.

My suspension overhaul cost me RM600+ for the front, barang RM400 plus labour RM100+

I just changed my left wheel bearing, all in cost RM160

Electric fan is still ori, but i ask my mechanic to up one speed using the laptop.

Engine oil leaked at the cooler oil seals but changed, the flywheel oil seal also leaking but got no time to do it, it takes more than half a day cos the gearbox need to taken down for the job, it will cost RM 220 to fix it.

I will top up one litre when reaching 8,000km after servicing, other than that its ok.

My hoses are still ok according to my mechanic...

But what bother me most are the wheels.....

Last edited:

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i feel it is not fair to compare the same version of deisel of the W211 in malaysia, that model has been plagued with nothing but problems, to add to the insult, our diesel quality - i am talking about the models sold in malaysia.

what about diesel pickup trucks, say a Hilux 2003 model? but if we compare that then it wont be a direct comparison since that is a different class of car?

having said that, let's not bring disel into this thread, shall we? in this thread, we focus on your 800k km mileage W211.

if the wheels fall off, you are better ofsending the car to the junk yard. no need to discuss anything already.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

your suspension overhaul is damn cheap. cool.

why change only 1 side bearing? not a good idea. better change in pairs. for me, i change all 4 wheels. if 1 side can be damaged, chances are the rest wont last that long anymore.

electric fan will break down as the carbon brushes wear off.

wow only rm220 to change FOS include labour to drop gearbox....not bad. damn cheap.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Lesley I'm getting pretty tired of reading your constant rants about the mods and all. You've already ranted in one post, let's just leave it in one post. You don't have to rant every time you reply someones post like what you've done here. It's making you look bad and quite frankly very distasteful.

If you feel you're being short changed you can either ignore it or work with it. Arguing will only result in further resentment, unnecessary stress and irritation.

The same goes for the moderators and the rest of the folks joining in the arguments. What for la? If he doesn't get it, then so be it. The rest of us get it and that's important enough. Post your point, leave it at that. Poking fun and unnecessary arguments is bloody irritating to read ler.

I personally don't give a damn about the whole fiasco and have nothing against diesels or petrols and find it amazing that your car has reached 800k km. Personally I'd change the car to a newer car rather than maintain a high cost car like yours. 800k is really utilizing the car already passed its 'value for money', me thinks time for fresh blood.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lesley I'm getting pretty tired of reading your constant rants about the mods and all. You've already ranted in one post, let's just leave it in one post. You don't have to rant every time you reply someones post like what you've done here. It's making you look bad and quite frankly very distasteful.

If you feel you're being short changed you can either ignore it or work with it. Arguing will only result in further resentment, unnecessary stress and irritation.

The same goes for the moderators and the rest of the folks joining in the arguments. What for la? If he doesn't get it, then so be it. The rest of us get it and that's important enough. Post your point, leave it at that. Poking fun and unnecessary arguments is bloody irritating to read ler.

I personally don't give a damn about the whole fiasco and have nothing against diesels or petrols and find it amazing that your car has reached 800k km. Personally I'd change the car to a newer car rather than maintain a high cost car like yours. 800k is really utilizing the car already passed its 'value for money', me thinks time for fresh blood.
Well said, but his car he said is company's car.

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i am a bit different, i pay more attention to those who have covered high mileages in their cars, in this case a W211, a model many said plagued with various quality issues and reliability.

however lesley, since it is a company car, i believe it will be replaced soon, surprised they let u use it for so long, most companies will usually write the car off the net book value or something like that within a specific time frame. no point paying high maintainence for an old car, just buy new.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
LA..u spend a lot of time in the car daily...how u maintain the leather seats?
When it was new, i already coated the leather seats with "LANOLIN" cream

I done it few coatings i leave it to dry.

The leather becomes soft & supple, more like a hard fabric,

Once the coating is done, i just send to the interior cleaner to wash it every 6 months or so, as and when im free.

After washing i will do a few LANOLIN coatings again, that will last for at least half a year....

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

i am a bit different, i pay more attention to those who have covered high mileages in their cars, in this case a W211, a model many said plagued with various quality issues and reliability.

however lesley, since it is a company car, i believe it will be replaced soon, surprised they let u use it for so long, most companies will usually write the car off the net book value or something like that within a specific time frame. no point paying high maintainence for an old car, just buy new.
You are right!

With regards to quality issues i find that the dashboard, door closing sound, trim and all are of cheap standard!
The dashboard is very plasticky, just like the Nissan Sunny dashboard, all plastic!
The trim and side steps are of very thin plastic as well...
And the door when you close it will not have the traditional Mercedes "Dhopp" sound.
It sounds like a Japanese car when closing door.

On reliability issues, i think its more applicable to the E200 with the 1.8cc engine with Kompresssor
The engine is quite stressed thus breakdown quite often..
Another reliabilty issue is the SBC pump, this brake pump works on a built in computer, once it exceed 300,000km it will auto cut and the warning sign "visit workshop" will appear.
Heard some pro can reprogramme it to reuse but im not taking chances, i changed twice this SBC pump already.:proud:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Smaller engine will sure stress out, but that is the trend now, because of emission issues in the EU. Visited used BMW showroom with my accounts Manager, and even sales adviser mentioned some prefer the older high cc 6 cylinder machine rather then the smaller turbo charged units.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi my fd2 civic keeps steering to the left. Its harder to turn right than left. I brought it to many diff mechanics. According to one it's the arm. Another says it's the knuckle. When I brought it to Honda they say it's steering gear and it cost 6k to repair. What should i do? Thanks for any opinions. =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience