Mivec 1.8 or GSR TURBO?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
the old satria :)

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

the mivec acceleration is better, GSR need to keep down shift for the boost.. is mivec part more expensive for GSR?

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

i mean or GSR, ps

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

i mean or GSR, ps

dude, with stock i/c, boost comes in at 2k plus..whr got lagg?..

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
mivec is more suitable for light satria body. the only advantage of turbo is on straight line speed. for handling or cornering, mivec will bring u more fun. unless if u plan to make a 4WD turbo, thats another story.

henry4563

May 22, 2011
Selangor
C99D-MMC5537 said:
mivec is more suitable for light satria body. the only advantage of turbo is on straight line speed. for handling or cornering, mivec will bring u more fun. unless if u plan to make a 4WD turbo, thats another story.
Thanks for the information. Noted :)

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

ehdrian said:
dude, with stock i/c, boost comes in at 2k plus..whr got lagg?..
I'm not saying about stock. Thanks.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I'm not saying about stock. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ok then even with a vr4 i/cooler, r u trying to saying mivec's acceleration is better?..

deanengson

From Facebook
Sep 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
Depends.. You should try driving a 1.8 Mivec and a normal GSR and compare.

Mivec = Easier maintenance + high rev fun
GSR = More power + Kepish/keching/chuss

Not to say Mivec slower than GSR.. My 1.8 Mivec can tapau stock GSR.. my ride only has exhaust and air filter mod.

henry4563

May 22, 2011
Selangor
i tried drive a 1.6 mivec before, its really fun! GSR is like, monster kind of power but once its slightly out of tune then it will start getting lag and lag. anyway thanks for the information :)

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

I'm not saying about stock. Thanks.

Ok then even with a vr4 i/cooler, r u trying to saying mivec's acceleration is better?..[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's trying to say its more responsive? :driver:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Ok then even with a vr4 i/cooler, r u trying to saying mivec's acceleration is better?..
Maybe he's trying to say its more responsive? :driver:[/QUOTE]

NA with close ratios gb of cos more responsive than gsr..hehe..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
NA with close ratios gb of cos more responsive than gsr..hehe..
hmm bro, to you, mivec 1.8 or GSR?[/QUOTE]

i cant tell u cos i've not driven mivec1.8 b4, i've driven gsr with small side mount i/c, it's very responsive and torquey, i can overtake cars easily on the road at 5th gear at abt 60-70km/h without changing gear..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
hmm bro, to you, mivec 1.8 or GSR?
i cant tell u cos i've not driven mivec1.8 b4, i've driven gsr with small side mount i/c, it's very responsive and torquey, i can overtake cars easily on the road at 5th gear at abt 60-70km/h without changing gear..[/QUOTE]

How about one with a bigger turbine/i.c/tuning?

I drove a GSR with a TD05 swap and an e-manage, the boost comes in late but when it does... *eh wheres all the other cars?* :rofl:

I've yet to drive a MIVEC though. The GSR's I drove are all less responsive compared to NA's but the power, that cant be compared lah.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang

I drove a GSR with a TD05 swap and an e-manage, the boost comes in late but when it does... *eh wheres all the other cars?* :rofl:

I've yet to drive a MIVEC though. The GSR's I drove are all less responsive compared to NA's but the power, that cant be compared lah.[/QUOTE]

i'm using gt2560r on 93t, response sucks at low end, but better mid range lo..full boost 1bar at 4.5k rpm..:bawling:..power wise, hmm boleh la, not really dat impressive..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

I've yet to drive a MIVEC though. The GSR's I drove are all less responsive compared to NA's but the power, that cant be compared lah.
i'm using gt2560r on 93t, response sucks at low end, but better mid range lo..full boost 1bar at 4.5k rpm..:bawling:..power wise, hmm boleh la, not really dat impressive..[/QUOTE]

Hmm that nice, thats the same mounting as the T25 right? Haha whats your power? Tell only lah no need malu malu. I think in this whole thread i've got the lowest power among you all anyways :smokin:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hmm that nice, thats the same mounting as the T25 right? Haha whats your power? Tell only lah no need malu malu. I think in this whole thread i've got the lowest power among you all anyways :smokin:[/QUOTE]

mounting same or not sure leh..hehe..240whp only at 1.2bar, too little leh dats y malu..nth 2 compare bro as long as we enjoy wat we do..i'm selling the car ade..haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A friends car WNX 2435 was stolen in the wee hours(3am onwards) at Bukit Jelutong. R3 sport rims, Singapore style registration no font, Neuton Tyre. owner Amat aka Mazril Mansor 0193140185. Pls be on the lookout and inform if u have any info either to owner or police station Tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience