looking for evo3 or vr4 rs halfcut??

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
well ive oni been driving for like a year plus so i am super newbie :rolleyes:
yeah i know u can save on fuel by locking the gearbox to FWD but are there any negative effects of doing this??
well im heavy footed whenever i can :biggrin: but that only occurs once in a blue moon coz i always drive during peak hours when there are many cars on the road and i not so confident yet to cut in and cut out of traffic like fast and furious lol
bsides the more frequent engine oil change and gearbox oil change is there any other extra things we must do to maintain a turbo engine???
yeah i know vr4's are dam heavy as compared to 4g93
so in that case what halfcut would u recommend???
i hope u dont mind me asking but what is understeer ???im really noob just trying to learn alonng the way :itsme:
do u think a piggy back would help reduce my fuel consumption im thinking of saving up and getting an emanage??
oh yeah and one final and most crucial problem i dont have a mech :bawling: coz all this while i neva took interest in cars
turbo + heavy foot will never give any better consumption lol

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hahah spoken like a true expert on the subject jin :biggrin:
hey is there anyone here who could help me locate a evo3 or vr4 rs halfcut
i am looking for a reliable halfcut with a resoanable price
any offers would be tremendously appreciated

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i popped this question 6 years ago
get an evo halfcut if u want to transplant cos lots of things can be used in ur car

from radiator , aircond system , bodykits , rear disc brakes , 4wd fuel tank , dasboard n etc

if u get a vr4 , err rear brakes out , intercooler smaller , mountings must buy evo or modify cut weld vr4 , dashboard throw away , aircond system piping wont fit , radiator throw away , n lots more things more to donate to galant club :P

so many years ago, i transplanted an evo + this n that + workmanship = 10500 , after that do exhaust 3" stainless steel straight n fit a bov, tht caused me another 1k huhuhu
please have more cash in hand , get a evo1

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hmmm i wonder why u would ask me to get evo1 instead of evo 3???any particular reason maybe it fits better???coz from what ive researched evo 3 stock will whoop evo1 stock again im a newbie so not 2 sure :rolleyes:
yeah and the vr4 rs i am thinking about getting is from a satria so the all the parts should fit perfectly plus i already comes with wastegate, banana, and bov
but yeah jin ur rite a lot of things will go to galant club if i were to get a vr4 halfcut :biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hmmm i wonder why u would ask me to get evo1 instead of evo 3???any particular reason maybe it fits better???coz from what ive researched evo 3 stock will whoop evo1 stock again im a newbie so not 2 sure :rolleyes:
yeah and the vr4 rs i am thinking about getting is from a satria so the all the parts should fit perfectly plus i already comes with wastegate, banana, and bov
but yeah jin ur rite a lot of things will go to galant club if i were to get a vr4 halfcut :biggrin:
evo1 cos ur in a close budget and evo1 has a lower compression which gives u space to boost higher and a nice longer gear 1,2 which is much tastier than the evo3 in my opinion.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hmm ur rite evo 1 has lower compression than evo 3
but im sure there are some advantages of having a high compression engine like the evo 3 ??
but from what ive heard the evo 3 is a good engine to run stock
compared to the evo 1 which has some room for improvement bfre catching up wit the evo 3 rite??
and im sure so sure bout gears and stuff(newbie :rolleyes:) but i guess what u said bout the evo 1 does sound tasty lol

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
thts IF u run stock hehe, as i know nobody runs stock these days
at stock to stock, the evo3 wouldnt be tht far , maybe few feet away , the evo1 could be infront also depends on the driver ehhehe

only dif is the evo3 turbo has a slightly bigger fin in the turbo, other than tht just compression change, thts it, the evo1 will be bought cheaper, and u will hv tht extra money for exhaust, bov , boost meter n etc , bt if u really plan to keep real real stock go for e3, if u plan to mod please dnt waste money

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hmmm true true
wow evo 3 and evo1 so close ah i thought there would be some significant differences
how much do u think i will need to get an evo1 along with everything like bov,boost meter,turbo timer,exhaust piping and everything???
how many hp is an evo 1 stock, i mean i know the evo 3 stock is about 280hp rite???
while were discussing evo1 and evo 3 we missed out the middle child lol
what about evo2, the pros and cons??
oh yeah and jin is there any benefit if having a high compresison engine in the evo 3?? maybe pickup ??
all i know is u cant boost high thats all :rolleyes:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hmmm true true
wow evo 3 and evo1 so close ah i thought there would be some significant differences
how much do u think i will need to get an evo1 along with everything like bov,boost meter,turbo timer,exhaust piping and everything???
how many hp is an evo 1 stock, i mean i know the evo 3 stock is about 280hp rite???
while were discussing evo1 and evo 3 we missed out the middle child lol
what about evo2, the pros and cons??
oh yeah and jin is there any benefit if having a high compresison engine in the evo 3?? maybe pickup ??
all i know is u cant boost high thats all :rolleyes:
u can easily sell ur evo1 turbo , top up some cash n get the evo3 if u really want it
higher compression, will get higher hp even at lower boost , but evo3 is kinda high 9:1 ,
even evo 45678 doesnt have 9:1 :P , its ur own taste, low boost evo3,

want to play boost play evo1, want to play higher boost vr4 :P

Last edited:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hmmm i do love boost although ive only sat in a turbo car once :rolleyes: i have to say the feeling was awesome when it kicks in !!!!
hmm yeah i was also looking at another vr4 rs halfcut rojak with evo 3 head and sard fuel regulator and changed to tdo5h 20g turbo :love: what do you think about that??
and i never quite understood what changing the head from vr 4 to evo 3 is suppose to do?? increase performance ??
well like i said im a newbie and just trying to search around rite now so any info from all u sifu here would really help
thk u

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
hey guys anyone else got halfcut for my tight budget
my options are evo 1,2,3 or vr4 rs

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

anyone else got good halfcut for tight budget that will fit into my putra ????

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im driving a wira with converted engine and rear disc brake. It seems that they only assist less than 10% of the braking. The rear disc brake pads are rarely change, the disc looks smooth & there is no cove at the tip of the disc. means it has never really been use. i was hoping to get hand brake stop effect at 80km +, but mech says it not possible. any advice ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience