how to DIY undercarridge LED light?

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Can any1 tell me where to get 12V LED? last time I asked at Jln Pasar, nobody know PM me.

liauchinfoo: u just need to rewire ur alarm unit to the light. To add to the coolness, buy a delay switch at Jln Pasar, so ur light ON for awhile (several tenth seconds) b4 it switch off, light all the BIG car.

liauchinfoo

Known Member
Jun 11, 2006
minikar: Thanks. I bought it for RM25 with 8 LEDs and the wire harness. If you want to know just PM me lar...BTY, any detail guide on how/which wire to connect to my alarm? at which part/location of the car?
For the delay switch, how much? Penang can found? Is it a delay relay type of switch? Need to add a capacitor and diod to protect it? Any fuse needed?

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Trace the wire from the alarm unit to your car's city light/ signal light, rewire it to you light. Your car alarm unit normally is under dashboard, driver side.... , normally there is a red LED and a alarm disable switch coming out from it.

Bout the delay circuit, I recom u buy the DIY kit from electronic shop, it costs arount rm30. Selling in Jln Pasar, Penang should hv.

jeffrey24

Apr 13, 2006
hi hi...newbie here...just a question to khguan sifu, i bought the night rider DIY set from psr road....notice that it only receive 9V ,as i want to connect the wire to the Autogauge meter that having 12V ....how to "bring" down the voltage so that the LED set won't burn out? wat electronic component that i need....?? TQ TQ......

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Well, to answer that you need to know how much power ur thing consumes (ampere).

What to add to reduce the curent, still a debate. You can add either:
1. Resistor
2. Diode
3. Zener diode
4. Transistor
5. Transformer

Actually all the answers are correct, the consideration is how long u will operate ur night rider eye each time? If long, you might need to consider option 3, 4...5 coz ur circuit get heat over long period of operation

jeffrey24

Apr 13, 2006
Thanks for ur explanination ....minikar.... but i've ask several shop at jln psr regarding "bring" down the voltage......all of them also dunno.....

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
My experience, i f u wanna get technical info, dont go to the main road shop asking the showing 1/4 balls person, go 2 the shop at the sideroad that do repair as well, the uncles hv more technical knowhow.