Honda Integra DC5 vs Toyota Celica GT-S

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by InitialD+Jan 17 2005, 23:57 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (InitialD @ Jan 17 2005, 23:57 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Yong_5290@Jan 17 2005, 23:52
DC5 all the way...

VTEC n VVTi same meh...
I thought VTEC got change cam profile while VVTi remains the same 1....?
(Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) – VTEC allows the valves in a Honda engine to open higher thus “breathing” better at higher RPMs.

Honda is not the only company to use this technology but they are the first to put it into mass production.

Toyota has its own version with VVTi (Variable Valve timing with intelligence); BMW’s version is called VANOS. Perodua called it DVVT. Mitsubishi calls it MIVEC and other car makers called it their own name..but notice all also got the letter "V" in it? V = Variable Valve Timing

So even with different names, the concept is the same.. to control the valve timing. [/b][/quote]
for Hyundai its B-TEC ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
the first mass production of this Variable Valve Timing is in 197x, and the first engineer found out this attempt to application onto car is at 1903 but he failed ...

aiyah, personally i also like DC5 instead of Celica laa... cos it's design not that nice also looks like alien only.. :(

but if choosing between the intergras, i tend to go on DC2 instead :D

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I think the Celica looks great. Its been out for quite sometime now and yet the design is still fresh and good looking. I'd say thats partly because of the striking shape of the car which veers slightly from convention. It works. The Celica looks like a proper sports car. Whereas the DC5 I think looks (although good looking) like a normal Jap 2 door coupe. Put 4 doors on it and its a sedan. Thats my point. Furthermore I don't think the looks of the DC5 will age well. Give it a few years and it'll get boring pretty fast I reckon. And when it comes to the performance gap between the 2, theres nothing a few mods can't take care of.

If you agree with me, good for you. If you don't, go screw yourself. :P

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Originally posted by MK84@Jan 18 2005, 10:20
You all better look up the differences between VTEC, i-VTEC, VVT-i, and VVTL-i first. They're similar but not the same.
Exactly what i was thinking also

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by MK84@Jan 18 2005, 10:20
You all better look up the differences between VTEC, i-VTEC, VVT-i, and VVTL-i first. They're similar but not the same.

Reading time.... :)
http://www.billzilla.org/vvtvtec.htm
MK84, thanks for clearing things up. On further inspection, there are differences between VTEC and VVT.

So I guess the DC5 is pretty popular with you guys here :D

Thanks for your opinion guys.

My verdict:

My heart likes the unconventional alien looking Celica GT-S, but my brain tells me for performance, it's the DC5. How I wish I can have the best of both worlds..hahahahahaha...perhaps a Celica DC5 Hybrid. :rolleyes:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Dude, you can always slap on an aftermarket supercharger for the Celica to give it extra oomph to beat the DC5. Plainly on looks alone, the Celica is more of a head turner than the DC5.

PS: Its better handling too. Well at least on NFSU2 it does :lol:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
celica front end nice lar.. really like it, but the rear end feel like alien ler.. dunno for sure.. but i feel strange when following one, dunno how to say but the rear light just look so strange...

ijnek

500 RPM
Aug 19, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
well...both r great FF cars to start with.
both cars look awesome with bodykits...
can i have both?...hahahhaa...
i would say the DC5.
i think more ppl would associate power with the V-tec engine rather than toyota VVTI engine...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been told that Rain-X affect the durability of the glass that it is applied on - changes the molecular structure and makes it more brittle .Something to do with the surface tension apparently ?

My friend has experienced it before when his windscreen suddenly cracked for no reason. That stopped me from trying Rain-X out

It was parked under his proch and he suddenly heard a crack ( new car ) .Nothing could have fallen on it as it was under the porch, and it was a normal sunny day...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience