Honda Integra DC5 vs Toyota Celica GT-S

gspot

Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
PJ
And of course.. I dream to own that Ferrari..or the Zonda..or that McClaren..one day. Sigh! :(
Someday my princely ride will come..

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
One of the Biggest sin any car enthusiast can do is buy a car he cannot maintain.

How often i here chaps complaining that he bought the car but because petrol very expensive (high fuel consumption) he leave it at home for him to gaze it on his car porch. Better still, for his friends to admire from afar. :(

Those are poseur. Don't live in fantasy. get a realistic dream and enjoy the ride. Life is too precious to be mundane.

A lot chaps boast of their cars high HP but sadly don't drive 5% of it that way (even if they do, its in the confinement of a straight mile long road). Never have the courage to step on the plate. hmmm.

I not rich, i don't own bank, I just realistic ordinary man living in a country loaded with poseurs :rolleyes:

hahaha. well that was my morning vent. sorry to digress but my money is on celica. It encompasses more and significantly better in overall ownership. The DC5 has higher bragging rights on HP but thats all. I admire and respect Honda for all its engineering achievements but as for mere souls (everyday drivers) like me, there is no contest.

"To each his own " is a saying. But "Live and try" is the way forward. :P

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Originally posted by chelnick@Jan 19 2005, 23:56
... the design is not really that attractive... it looks good the first few times you see it.... but after a while... it starts to get plain...
Thats exactly what i've been trying to say about the DC5's looks. Doesn't age well.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Originally posted by InitialD@Jan 20 2005, 00:40
Silverfish, I noticed some Celica got big grill some got small grill.. which is the newer model? Any difference?

Different kit lar. The one above I believe is the TRD kit and the one below is the APR300...if I'm not mistaken.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Originally posted by koolspyda@Jan 20 2005, 11:52
One of the Biggest sin any car enthusiast can do is buy a car he cannot maintain.

How often i here chaps complaining that he bought the car but because petrol very expensive (high fuel consumption) he leave it at home for him to gaze it on his car porch. Better still, for his friends to admire from afar. :(

Those are poseur. Don't live in fantasy. get a realistic dream and enjoy the ride. Life is too precious to be mundane.

A lot chaps boast of their cars high HP but sadly don't drive 5% of it that way (even if they do, its in the confinement of a straight mile long road). Never have the courage to step on the plate. hmmm.

I not rich, i don't own bank, I just realistic ordinary man living in a country loaded with poseurs :rolleyes:

hahaha. well that was my morning vent. sorry to digress but my money is on celica. It encompasses more and significantly better in overall ownership. The DC5 has higher bragging rights on HP but thats all. I admire and respect Honda for all its engineering achievements but as for mere souls (everyday drivers) like me, there is no contest.

"To each his own " is a saying. But "Live and try" is the way forward. :P
I am your soulmate. At least regarding this issue anyway.

Posers ~ Losers.

I especially don't understand some ppls constant infatuation with power. I mean, why? Other than being able to boast about having 1 million bhp under the bonnet and being able to bully other cars in a straight line. Most of the time they'll only be able to use a small fraction of that power anyway.

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
if u wan to go track day or gaming = DC5 (xtreme racing look n performance)
if u wan to go clubbing or 'kau lui' = CELICA (more soft n yeng chai to gals)

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
maybe like what gspot has said... DC5 is 180k+... okay.. im not sure of the price... but assuming DC5 = Rm180K, and celica gt-s is around 130K+.... i'd go with celica anytime...

why? VTEC has already gained enough respect as a powerful machine... stock ride DC5 vs stock ride celica, sure VTEC will win...
VTEC is said to be very powerful, which indeed is true. Because of this, DC5 sounds a bit boring to me.
The power has already been recognized... if you were to tune that car, there very little for you to prove. i dont believe that VTEC can win all kind of cars... I still want to prove thAT toyota cars are not MCSB.. its just as MCFB as vtec

before this, yeah, i was a fan of honda cars, but they're a bit too expensive... i just cant afford to own one after i enter U or finish SPM.
Because of the same boring-factor... 2JZ and RB26 is also a bit boring to me now.... all power power... tons of 1000hp records have been made, but still noone has created a 1000hp 2ZZGE yet.

Everyone also play VTEC... but VVTL-i and VVT-i so little people play... t6hats why its boring also...

but the car in silverfish's sig really caught my attention...
just imagine it, with maybe widebody kit... huge intercooler in front... and a nice TRIAL emblem on the side or on the hood.

I dunno why, i just want to drive a toyota with a TRIAL emblem on it...

still, for both cases, kau lui + racing... Celica earned my vote.
well though, celica looks a bit cyber-ish...like a concept car... but its still good looking though...
but MRS is still the nicest to me. lightweight and together with 2ZZGE... woooo...

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
Originally posted by si|verfish@Jan 20 2005, 14:15
I don't see how you can't do both with either car.
wanna race, dc5 more reliable ma..... real boy toys.. meant for power.

as for celica, go kau lui can ler.. dont trust me?? u try to ask a gal which car she preffer..... especially both with bodykits..

dunno ler...my gf when saw dc5, she feel nothing....but when she saw celica, she said this sportscar is so nice....

but when boys saw both the other way round.....

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Originally posted by raptorie54+Jan 20 2005, 14:57 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raptorie54 @ Jan 20 2005, 14:57 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-si|verfish@Jan 20 2005, 14:15
I don't see how you can't do both with either car.
wanna race, dc5 more reliable ma..... real boy toys.. meant for power.

as for celica, go kau lui can ler.. dont trust me?? u try to ask a gal which car she preffer..... especially both with bodykits..

dunno ler...my gf when saw dc5, she feel nothing....but when she saw celica, she said this sportscar is so nice....

but when boys saw both the other way round..... [/b][/quote]
wui.. got gals who is crazy about honda as well, dun belive go ask around.

i agree with silverfish, you can do both race and kau lui with both cars.

one thing to remember, to win in race or to succeed in kau lui, it all comes down to the driver himself and his "skill" in both.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
for a fact that HIGH HP doesn't equal to drivable car.

YES, it sure is good braging rights for the pub crawler car enthusiast BUT try driving a 400HP 4 banger. True car enthusiast know this BUT pimple rice boys pull the line that his *&^(# creates more &*^% HP than yours :rolleyes:

sad

ps. 400HP 4 banger doesn't equal to a V6 400HP. the number may look the same but torque is and will never alike.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Originally posted by JINEIL2EN@Jan 20 2005, 15:41
hahahhahaa :lol:

"Honda i-VTEC Vs Toyota VVTL-i" Part 2 is now begin....

hahhahaa :lol:
mine is 7 " and come again and again, what yours??? :lol: :lol:

buhahahha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone using Otter Fibre Color? Just got some of these recently because I wanted to colour my dashboard and door trims to the color of my liking. I found it quite hard to dry. Is this a normal issue? FYI I did not dilute the gel, just using it straight and applying using sponge and brush. What about using it on inside door handles? Will it feel sticky after it has dried or not? I hope anyone with experience can help resolve my issues here. Just want to find out on any known issues before...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience