• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
Originally posted by MK84@Jan 18 2005, 10:20
You all better look up the differences between VTEC, i-VTEC, VVT-i, and VVTL-i first. They're similar but not the same.
Exactly what i was thinking also

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by MK84@Jan 18 2005, 10:20
You all better look up the differences between VTEC, i-VTEC, VVT-i, and VVTL-i first. They're similar but not the same.

Reading time.... :)
http://www.billzilla.org/vvtvtec.htm
MK84, thanks for clearing things up. On further inspection, there are differences between VTEC and VVT.

So I guess the DC5 is pretty popular with you guys here :D

Thanks for your opinion guys.

My verdict:

My heart likes the unconventional alien looking Celica GT-S, but my brain tells me for performance, it's the DC5. How I wish I can have the best of both worlds..hahahahahaha...perhaps a Celica DC5 Hybrid. :rolleyes:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Dude, you can always slap on an aftermarket supercharger for the Celica to give it extra oomph to beat the DC5. Plainly on looks alone, the Celica is more of a head turner than the DC5.

PS: Its better handling too. Well at least on NFSU2 it does :lol:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
celica front end nice lar.. really like it, but the rear end feel like alien ler.. dunno for sure.. but i feel strange when following one, dunno how to say but the rear light just look so strange...

ijnek

500 RPM
Aug 19, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
well...both r great FF cars to start with.
both cars look awesome with bodykits...
can i have both?...hahahhaa...
i would say the DC5.
i think more ppl would associate power with the V-tec engine rather than toyota VVTI engine...

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
once u start moddin em... its gonna be a bloody free fer all out there.. whos da bigger, deeper pocket with brains... may win

LET THE BATTLE... BEGIN!!

but in stock form... the DC5 will certainly and most surely win in almost all aspects. call it a typical japanese morphable design, it still looks good.

2.0 vs 1.8? there is no replacement for displacement (in stock form for these 2 car's case :lol:) btw the sillycar is overweight too :( less power:weight ratio.. sad.

nothing a few grand of mods cant cure! muahahahaha right on silverfish!

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
i prefer dc5..the celica looks ok from da front but the rear doesnt look nice to me...but if given a choice of dc2 & dc5, i still choose dc2... :D dc2 looks more sleek...dc5 a bit plump...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
To the peeps who don't like the Celica's rear end, one word...conservative. Its lines are refreshing and diferent. The DC5's lines are usual and conservative. But I can see why you guys like it over the Celica since you guys also pointed out that you like the DC2 which is like a 2 door Accord.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Originally posted by si|verfish@Jan 19 2005, 09:43
To the peeps who don't like the Celica's rear end, one word...conservative. Its lines are refreshing and diferent. The DC5's lines are usual and conservative. But I can see why you guys like it over the Celica since you guys also pointed out that you like the DC2 which is like a 2 door Accord.
:lol: can't help it. me old school fan. beauty is in the eye of the beholder mah :D

kinki_kidz®

Known Member
Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
drove the celica GT-s and civic type-r b4(fren tarak integra la) :P
for city driving....i would prefer GT-s...noneed rev 99 power came ard..
VVTL-i (more advanced version of VVT-i...ppl said its similar to vtec cuz got what blah blah lift thingy)
for highway...ofcuz civic...vtec kicks in @ 4k rpm...rev all the way to redline..whoa..SYOK.....

celica on the other hand is more city friendly :)

whiteprince

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
stock standard celica GTS vs intergra......intergra would win.
and i dont see any intergra come and cucuk celica or cucuk other cars.

but honda civics driver , you all better drive with style. cucuk here cucuk there.....want race with celica, aiyo.....civic C class car....and want to kacau car above 130,00celica B class....tak malu ah.........all civic drivers attitude just like xxxx only. ...very disappointed those that kind of driving attitutude

whiteprince

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
civic driver drive so fast.....can zig and zag, so what? lol
who wants to see?

girls prefer getting inside celica i guess..heh

go sepang race la...dont cause any accident on road.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
aiyoyo!

let's bring in some un-biased opinions shall we? The Toyota guys are always gonna pick the Celica for sure, and the Honda guys will pick the DC5.

Here's an opinion coming from a small-fry hyundai.
To me, both cars have the looks, but I would think that the DC5 is more of a performer between the two, so because of that, I would pick the DC5.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just bought 1st edition RSM (from ZTH) and figure to DIY installing it.
Took some pic to share..hehe

First.. you must have RSM la off course.. so this is mine..

Then find the manual for the coloured wires..
EG-red> +12V.
-black> ground aka -0V
-orange > +12V
-purple> speed signal
-yellow> RPM signal

Locate your computer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience