brakes shaking

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
hi bros...

need some help here...last week just change to 15 inch rim from standard 14 inch...the problem is the whenever I brake from speeds of 60km/h or above...my brakes become shaky mcm tayar tak cukup angin ...my padel pun shaking like hell...apa cerita hah?

i ask a few workshop and they say either 2;

1) put a spacer con in the middle of the sportrim hole (but must custom made coz the gap is sooo thinnn)

2) change the tyres (currently on sime tyres)
fyi...this did happen with my standard 14s...only happens when change to 15s...so got anyone exp. this?

so kasi tolong sini apa mcm mau buat....

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
when i was using my standard 14s...this problem doesnt occur...since using the rims i'm having this problem...my disc checked oledi...still ok...

gween

Aug 5, 2005
PJ
Previously i got this problem with my wira...i change the wheel to 15" rim and then whenever i brake from the speeds of 90km/h the brake shaking...So i went to my workshop and guess what...?? they ask me to put spacer con...then problem settle...no more shaking...this is came from my experience..hope it'll help u....

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
muhahahhaa....problem solved oledi...and yes i have to put a con spacer...here's a before and after pic...thanx for those who responsed...:)

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
i got for RM 20 for 1 pcs...but I try it out 2 pcs first for the front wheels...improvements instantly....planning to install for the back wheels also...pm me for the location and contact no....

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
hmmm but think no same rim hv not same size larr?? rite???
i jack up my car n run tyre look damn jerk lahhh...but when driving is ok...is it normal???

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
yeah my car also like that,when running is ok but when breaking its shaking...as if the brake padel is kicking me back...hahhaha

' xZ "

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Puchong
dude! i think i'm having the same problem as u. when i brake also i can feel the rear brake shaking. some of my frens said it's bearing problem but some said brake problem! even go through bump also can hear the metal sound sounds like 'king kiang kong' lol.

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
mie4385 said:
hi bros...

need some help here...last week just change to 15 inch rim from standard 14 inch...the problem is the whenever I brake from speeds of 60km/h or above...my brakes become shaky mcm tayar tak cukup angin ...my padel pun shaking like hell...apa cerita hah?

i ask a few workshop and they say either 2;

1) put a spacer con in the middle of the sportrim hole (but must custom made coz the gap is sooo thinnn)

2) change the tyres (currently on sime tyres)
fyi...this did happen with my standard 14s...only happens when change to 15s...so got anyone exp. this?

so kasi tolong sini apa mcm mau buat....
U sure it's not coz of your ABS kicking in or your brake discs warped?

Anyway don't install spacers on FF cars unless you know what you are doing. Spacers decreases your rim's offset. For an FF car you need positive offset. Placing spacers might place the load on your suspension at a wrong angle and wear out parts much faster.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This classic racer is one of the most iconic Lotus ever. I remembered this little thing in games! From our previous article on the Porsche Boxster, the owner was speechless and impressed with our work so....Today we're back at the Porsche's home to detail and coat this ride. Before we started, the owner had briefed us that the car had been repainted and been detailed prior us. We didn't expect the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience