Smoking Brakes

NiJ

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2004
Visit site
has anyone experienced smoking brakes?? after a couple of hard stops
came to a complete halt.... at gas station.... saw there was smoke coming
from the tyres.....scary man i tot the engine was on fire.... open the hood nothing.... check the tyres.... got some tyre smell..... must be the brakes.... cuz
tyre smoke shud dissapear within 15 seconds..... and tyre smoke
is very very thick...... with that distinct rubber smell..... check the
hydraulic lines and filler level everything ok........ or iz cuz
i changed to cheep brakes..... trestor advantage on slotted rotors? :(

pls help

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
got a few reason for smoke to appear...in my case i got twice smoking from the brakes...
1st case is when i try to run in the brakes...but i did too consistent hard braking and thus the brake overheated and got some smoke come out...but that is ought to clear in a moment or two...

2nd case is when the brake fluid leaked from the brake pump...not the servo pump...and got in between the brake pads and disc...cause it to evaporate...so smoke loh...

i think urs is the 1st case...went up and genting a lot of times leh??when you want to go again?hehe...call me...we do brake testing...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A new year and a new car by German tuners and race team Reiter Engineering. Notorious for their Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 cars, one of which won last year’s Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race, they have made some minor updates to their GT3 machine, dubbed the Lamborghini LP600+...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience