BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
how many bars that GSR piston managed to boost till???
1.2-1.3???
feel very powerless on my engine now...for me either opt for standalone or more responsive turbine...hmm

Bump: how many bars that GSR piston managed to boost till???
1.2-1.3???
feel very powerless on my engine now...for me either opt for standalone or more responsive turbine...hmm
Boosting at 1.2-1.3 bars on a TD04L is already out of the effective compression mapping of the turbo itself...

I don;t know what's ur defination of being power... Different ppl have different defination of a car being power... Tell u an experience, this GSR is doing an ON ROAD tuning running with TD05 from EVO 1 if I'm not mistaken. 510cc injectors and EVO 1 ECU + piggy back... Boosting at 0.8 bar...

Car can sway one side on semi lock LSD GB.... Does that mean any power to you..? Tyre 15" 55 205( if i'm not mistaken) series adrenaline...

Spinning all the way from 1st ---> 4th gear...

Power that are able to be extracted from tunning can be more visible that what u think it can be... Feel the difference...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Boosting at 1.2-1.3 bars on a TD04L is already out of the effective compression mapping of the turbo itself...

I don;t know what's ur defination of being power... Different ppl have different defination of a car being power... Tell u an experience, this GSR is doing an ON ROAD tuning running with TD05 from EVO 1 if I'm not mistaken. 510cc injectors and EVO 1 ECU + piggy back... Boosting at 0.8 bar...

Car can sway one side on semi lock LSD GB.... Does that mean any power to you..? Tyre 15" 55 205( if i'm not mistaken) series adrenaline...

Spinning all the way from 1st ---> 4th gear...

Power that are able to be extracted from tunning can be more visible that what u think it can be... Feel the difference...
dats wat i think i think my tuner limit the power of my engine though...

Zattara

Known Member
Jan 5, 2007
usually bolt on turbo engine can stand how much boost?........

Bump: usually bolt on turbo engine can stand how much boost?........

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
no point to BOT la nowadays... coz sometimes in hiway suddenly GT-R came behind u, then u also cannot celen him.. then lose face edi lor.. better save ur money directly buy super sport car like supra or skyline or others.. :thefinger:

Bump: no point to BOT la nowadays... coz sometimes in hiway suddenly GT-R came behind u, then u also cannot celen him.. then lose face edi lor.. better save ur money directly buy super sport car like supra or skyline or others.. :thefinger:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
no point to BOT la nowadays... coz sometimes in hiway suddenly GT-R came behind u, then u also cannot celen him.. then lose face edi lor.. better save ur money directly buy super sport car like supra or skyline or others.. :thefinger:
Yeah Man... Agreed....
Get a PORSCHE instead.... Go everywhere show the ultimate PORSCHE.

Spelled:

Proof
Of
Rich
Spoilt
Child
Having
Everything

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

No offence... Just personal preference...

Last edited:

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
LOLx
very good explanation u have there!

Bump: LOLx

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
LOLx
Haha... don't really mean to insult though... Just wanna express that ppl have the right to chose and enjoy their path... When some other skyline owners and kancil turbo guys can sit together on the same table and "blowing water" while TT with their own experiences... Afterall, BOTerz, Supercarerz, Engine transplanterz... We're all under the same umbrella...

I call the umbrella "Automotive Enthusiast"... I dunno what other ppl call...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Haha... don't really mean to insult though... Just wanna express that ppl have the right to chose and enjoy their path... When some other skyline owners and kancil turbo guys can sit together on the same table and "blowing water" while TT with their own experiences... Afterall, BOTerz, Supercarerz, Engine transplanterz... We're all under the same umbrella...

I call the umbrella "Automotive Enthusiast"... I dunno what other ppl call...
super agree though some people like their cars already fast which dont require to mod anything to it...some people like to mod their cars to get that extra power and afterall will getting some satisfaction on doing things little by little

dvvt_sprinter

Dec 18, 2005
hey guys. been reading the whole thread already...learn a lot, and I am serious about the BOT.
I plan to bolt on for my Suzuki Swift 1.5A. I want it to be a daily driver, dun plan to change injectors, just wanna keep things simple. boost 0.4-0.5bar. want it to be fuel efficient before boost, and SPEEDY when boosting.

Just wanna know where can I do a bolt-on at a reasonable price.
I've calculated all the parts required. For a reasonably good unit (self assemble turbokit, by shopping for the parts at different shops, shop for Turbine in Kedai A, shop for blow off at Kedai B), a complete kit should cost around RM5k-6k including e-manage ultimate and enhancement on cooling system.

But whenever I visit those tuners, price will hyke up to RM15k-RM16k.
I see a lot of this Kancil BOT, Kelisa BOT, Campro BOT, MyVi BOT, wonder how come so many people can boost but.......to me, RM15k-RM16k is a bit too much for me. I mean, common sense, those units oni cost RM5k-6k, u mean need RM10k for workmanship?? to me, it's a bit outrageous. Though I understand, it may not be an easy job for the mechanic.

I am looking for a realiable tuner who can perform BOT at the region of RM8k-RM10k. I think my request is not ridicilous. Afterall, I am seriously considering BOT. Money is ready, just dunno let which tuner who can perform this reliably at my asking price.

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
Hi dvvt sprinter,

as i think BOt price... depends on what part u choose to pasang to ur car..
1. Emanage ultimate is cost 2k plus liao
2. turbo which model? how much? budget? rm1k? 2k? garrett ballbearing turbo 3xxx? i choose the rm1k 1st
3. intercooler economic use something like Infinite, cost u not more than rm600
4. intercooler piping, stainless steel? aluminium? i estimate it rm1k with hose and clamp,
5. stainless steel exhaust front to end with muffler i estimate rm800
6. turbo manifold, i think there got ready made for suzuki swift or custom make rm1200 for example..
7. oil line bla bla bla make it rm300
8. most of the price is include labour.. so extra labour is for dyno and tune only... make it rm400

i estimate total around rm7300

as u can save the emanage ultimate change to emanage blue, which is enough to use liao.. better change injector, because NA injector fuel is not enough when ur boost come
kekekeke

i pun wan BOT on my rav4.. but i dont want too big turbo so wont hangkang the gearbox
kekekekkee
turbo, wastegate, bov, emanage, intercooler ada liao
left the manifold, piping , injector, only
kekekkekee

Last edited:

dvvt_sprinter

Dec 18, 2005
Hi dvvt sprinter,

as i think BOt price... depends on what part u choose to pasang to ur car..
1. Emanage ultimate is cost 2k plus liao
2. turbo which model? how much? budget? rm1k? 2k? garrett ballbearing turbo 3xxx? i choose the rm1k 1st
3. intercooler economic use something like Infinite, cost u not more than rm600
4. intercooler piping, stainless steel? aluminium? i estimate it rm1k with hose and clamp,
5. stainless steel exhaust front to end with muffler i estimate rm800
6. turbo manifold, i think there got ready made for suzuki swift or custom make rm1200 for example..
7. oil line bla bla bla make it rm300
8. most of the price is include labour.. so extra labour is for dyno and tune only... make it rm400

i estimate total around rm7300

as u can save the emanage ultimate change to emanage blue, which is enough to use liao.. better change injector, because NA injector fuel is not enough when ur boost come
kekekeke

i pun wan BOT on my rav4.. but i dont want too big turbo so wont hangkang the gearbox
kekekekkee
turbo, wastegate, bov, emanage, intercooler ada liao
left the manifold, piping , injector, only
kekekkekee
for swift, cannot use Emanage blue, cuz many owners esp those from singapore claiming the setting will reset. it seems the swift computer will override the settings. have to use EMU. owners with EMU no such prob.

but anyway, parts arent a problem, as I know where I can obtain them oredi, plus estimated around RM6k for it d. problem now is, dunno which tuner is willing to install and tune for RM2k-3k.
have been looking for one for weeks d.....some tuner damn 7 lansi, like dun wan do my business. economy like that got fool like me to turbo oso dun wan do my business. :thefinger::thefinger:

pls recommend me some sifu.

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
U got msn? pm me ur address.. i recomend some ppl for u.. price u go discuss with them la.. they my friend too.. as i will BOT my car either one of them too...

lai lai lai.. BOT ruless

Bump: U got msn? pm me ur address.. i recomend some ppl for u.. price u go discuss with them la.. they my friend too.. as i will BOT my car either one of them too...

lai lai lai.. BOT ruless

Bump: problem is 6k is include what???
turbo, Emanage ultimate, intercooler, muffler,
how about the piping of exhaust and intercooler, turbo manifold u got already?? if u custom made turbo manifold , welding piping intercooler and exhaust.. there no other labour charge... since i calculate around 7~8k which include everthing plus labour liao.. u just extra rm500 for tune la.... make it rm8k all thing i estimate will settle la...

:driver::driver::driver::driver:

Bump: problem is 6k is include what???
turbo, Emanage ultimate, intercooler, muffler,
how about the piping of exhaust and intercooler, turbo manifold u got already?? if u custom made turbo manifold , welding piping intercooler and exhaust.. there no other labour charge... since i calculate around 7~8k which include everthing plus labour liao.. u just extra rm500 for tune la.... make it rm8k all thing i estimate will settle la...

:driver::driver::driver::driver:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hey guys. been reading the whole thread already...learn a lot, and I am serious about the BOT.
I plan to bolt on for my Suzuki Swift 1.5A. I want it to be a daily driver, dun plan to change injectors, just wanna keep things simple. boost 0.4-0.5bar. want it to be fuel efficient before boost, and SPEEDY when boosting.

Just wanna know where can I do a bolt-on at a reasonable price.
I've calculated all the parts required. For a reasonably good unit (self assemble turbokit, by shopping for the parts at different shops, shop for Turbine in Kedai A, shop for blow off at Kedai B), a complete kit should cost around RM5k-6k including e-manage ultimate and enhancement on cooling system.

But whenever I visit those tuners, price will hyke up to RM15k-RM16k.
I see a lot of this Kancil BOT, Kelisa BOT, Campro BOT, MyVi BOT, wonder how come so many people can boost but.......to me, RM15k-RM16k is a bit too much for me. I mean, common sense, those units oni cost RM5k-6k, u mean need RM10k for workmanship?? to me, it's a bit outrageous. Though I understand, it may not be an easy job for the mechanic.

I am looking for a realiable tuner who can perform BOT at the region of RM8k-RM10k. I think my request is not ridicilous. Afterall, I am seriously considering BOT. Money is ready, just dunno let which tuner who can perform this reliably at my asking price.
Bro... ifi u want more power and better fuel efficiency, plunge in a piggyback and send it for tunning.... Getting the correct ignition timing adjustment, U can extract good fuel efficiency. Not necessary bolt on turbo.

But whn u bolt on turbo, there are more things to consider. The concept is no longer like NAs... It doesn't mean more air=more power. It is provided there's sufficient fuel supply. When u boost 0.4 bars, it means there will be another 40% more air going into the combustion chamber. Also means true compression ratio = (1+0.4) x actual CR.

So, changing injectors is necessary. When u want to boost 0.4-0.5 bars, there are not much turbo with 0.4-0.5 bars actuator. So, u might consider an external wastegate, Getting a reliable and not so expensive wastegate(example TIAL) with 0.4bars actuating spring would cost u about 1k.

Also remember, when u bolt on turbo with NA pistons with high compression ratio, the turbo tends to kick in earlier. So, boost can be easily achieved. So, the theory of fuel consumption when not boosting is almost impossible. Then u might think of adding in metal head gasket to reduce the CR.

The reason for BOT is to extract as much power from a stock engine as possible. And u just don;t want ur car to be in the workshop from time to time... U want everything to be perfect in one time. THen u must understand that the overlapping of NA cams and turbo cams are the different. U might consider adjustable cam pulley. The cheapest would be modding the stock pulley...

Then, cost of modding the the oil sump for the return host..? Oil line from the head to turbo. U may need to consider customizing steel braided hose. If the turbo chosen have water and oil cool, then water line taken from the TB/radiator may be necessary to prevent heat soaking on the turbo....

Oil cooler would be something good to have. Then S type exhaust is no longer advisable.

Well, all BOTers here have been through the stages of "i just want to increase the little bit of power. 0.4-0.5 bars is enough". But u'll get bored eventually in short time...

Intercooler in not expensive nowadays. Infinite/AVS/Custom intercoolers are nice and reasonable... But intercooler pipings are not cheap.

When all these cost comes together, custom this custom that... u may save maybe <1k or maybe a little bit more... But for the hassle of running around and searching...

Most importantly, when u have something goes wrong with the engine, who do you go to..? the foreman...? the tuner..? the turbo retailer..? the wastegate retailer..? The intercoolerpiping installer...?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friend's waja missing

details:

Make: Proton
Model: Waja 1.6 SOCH (A)
Colour: Silver
No Enjin: 4G18P-HF9017
No. Chasis: PL1CF1SRR1F004405
Reg No: TAA 6262
Description: Bumper belakang ada 2 sticker "Spitfire" kat reverse sensor. Bumper depan belah kiri & bumper belakang belah kanan ada kesan calar.

call owner - faizal
012-3242814.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience