4g93 sohc bot

logics

Nov 4, 2012
Johor Bahru
Hi All members ZTH,

I'm planing to BOT my 4G93 SOHC. Here with the spec i going to be done, and some question need to learn from your guys.

Spec:
4g93 SOHC block, and stock internal part - in workshop
GSR head - in workshop
1.8mm head gasket - going to buy, and this size is it ok?
TD05, evo original front mount IC and black metal piping - under my bed
510cc injecter, evo fuel rail - under my bed
emanage blue - bought
boost controller - plan to get arospeed manual boost controller, it is fine?
manifold - if get GSR original or aftermarket will be better?

Question:
-How many horsepower i may withstand with the above spec, with daily street driving?
-I'm suggested by my friend to boost below 1.0 bar, it is will be turbo lag on low rpm?
-Beside the part that i mention above, anything else i miss out?

Seek to advice by all sifu here, thanks ya.:burnout:

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Hi All members ZTH,

I'm planing to BOT my 4G93 SOHC. Here with the spec i going to be done, and some question need to learn from your guys.

Spec:
4g93 SOHC block, and stock internal part - in workshop
GSR head - in workshop
1.8mm head gasket - going to buy, and this size is it ok?
TD05, evo original front mount IC and black metal piping - under my bed
510cc injecter, evo fuel rail - under my bed
emanage blue - bought
boost controller - plan to get arospeed manual boost controller, it is fine?
manifold - if get GSR original or aftermarket will be better?

Question:
-How many horsepower i may withstand with the above spec, with daily street driving?
-I'm suggested by my friend to boost below 1.0 bar, it is will be turbo lag on low rpm?
-Beside the part that i mention above, anything else i miss out?

Seek to advice by all sifu here, thanks ya.:burnout:

1. Stock 4g93 NA rods & piston are limited to <200whp. U could try to achieve higher hp but be prepared for a bent con-rods and/or broken piston.

2. better go less than 1 bar for drivability & reliability purpose. Or go with 97ron and boost to 1bar whichever u like.

3. Dont go wit 1.8mm head gasket. Altho it helps to lower ur comp, it would mean more to squish making it less responsive = laggier. Plus higher risk of detonation or knock. Just go wit 1.5mm and tune around that.

My advice is if u want to it to have less problem u should do it properly from the start. Drop by my shop or eMail me for further discussion.

Good luck on ur project.

stand3t

Known Member
Jul 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
At least look for gsr pistons since it's low compression... there are a lot selling in mudah or other place... normally sell in 1 set... or u might want to just get supercharged piston which is more low compression and its proven to works better than standard gsr piston... it will cost around rm700 per set... new of course... piston only...

Imo... it will b more realistic if u aim for durability...

logics

Nov 4, 2012
Johor Bahru
bro amel666,
Lucky i haven't bought my gasket yet, will change to 1.5mm instead. Where is your location? i'm around JB area.

bro stand3t
I do hope to change the internal part also, but it will depend the budget on my hand. Btw, really thanks for the advice. Current stage need get more info about BOT, and ready fund to buy some stuff.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
with the correct tuning, its gonna make good power and reliable. i dont see anything wrong with ur plan there

logics

Nov 4, 2012
Johor Bahru
bro stand3t
Yup, this is what i'm doing now. enjoying.

bro xtremeleo,
you mean is it with NA stock internal also can be reliable? Cause check up some info from net, some say will not last, some say will have a lot of problem after it done.

stand3t

Known Member
Jul 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Agreed with xtremeleo... correct tuning may last n produce good power...

however... imo, N.A. internal mean for N.A. usage n for long run... it might not last if bot it... and normally ppl will always want more power or "try" higher boost...

I believe not everyone can always afford or have cash standby to pay for another block or engine if anything happens...

Me myself prefer do it slowly by stages if money is the problem... slow n steady...

Above is purely my opinion nia... don't fire me ah... fyi... there are a lot of bot machine with N.A. internal outside that still boosting hard n still running without problem... but still... I still believe and prefer the slow n steady way... cheers... =)

logics

Nov 4, 2012
Johor Bahru
I just saw someone sell the B6 Mazda conrod from mudah. The price is reasonable and regarding the seller, he mention the conrod just plug and play to 4g93 crank and bearing also can use back. He also suggest me to change the supercharge piston from 4age also plug and play. Is it true??

stand3t

Known Member
Jul 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If I m not mistaken... some grinding job needed for the Mazda con rod... my foreman just mod it into 1 gsr recently... regarding the bearing... I m not sure about it... however u should seek the advice from ur foreman... foreman that u trusted n experienced with as the foreman has to know what is he dealing with n better if did it BEFORE... if the foreman has no experienced in rojak stuff... it is better for u to stick to standard gsr piston set as minimal or no modifications will be required...

Fyi... installation of Mazda con rod n supercharged piston will need "grinding" job which required the knowledge of the foreman where should he trim off n so...

logics

Nov 4, 2012
Johor Bahru
Hi stand3t

ya, really thanks a lot from what u advice. Yesterday i just lepak at my mechanic work shop. Base on what he advice to me, just stick with GSR internal would be better. Since he never done the mazda conrod mod before. He mention if i not sick to high boost, the internal should able to tahan, just the tuning need to be done properly. The another thing he suggestion is change the head stud. cause he did experience with a honda D16 BOT, and the stock head stud always not strong enough to hold and cause increase on water temperature.

stand3t

Known Member
Jul 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ur welcome... =)

I don't see it as advice from me but only sharing the facts and experience of me n my friends...
I do planned to bot my 4g13 few yrs back bu t ending up get a 93t halfcut...
I m still learning... especially about management where I m a completely noob in it... Hehehehe...

Good luck to u... be realistic in aiming horses vs hardware / software... anything... ask ur wallet first.. XD.. cheers n happy moding...

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Hi Logics
From my previous experience, B6/ B8 rods a bit short, so ur piston will sit too deep in the bore causing compression becomes lower (lower than optimum). I offer ca18 internals instead as it has been used wit good result so far for budget builds.

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
with proper set up and tune actually u can get around 200hp...
but dont forget to put oil squitter at your bottom block for more safety...
and the 4age piston not pnp one...need to do minor mod on it to fit in...

logics

Nov 4, 2012
Johor Bahru
Hi Logics
From my previous experience, B6/ B8 rods a bit short, so ur piston will sit too deep in the bore causing compression becomes lower (lower than optimum). I offer ca18 internals instead as it has been used wit good result so far for budget builds.
Thanks ya, i think i will stick with stock internal. As suggest with my mechanic, but just curious how many HP can withstand by the spec now only. Cause my mechanic always say SHOULDN'T be problem to boost until 0.9 or 1 bar gua~~~~.

with proper set up and tune actually u can get around 200hp...
but dont forget to put oil squitter at your bottom block for more safety...
and the 4age piston not pnp one...need to do minor mod on it to fit in...
If i keep my stock internal, can withstand until how many horsepower ? Currently running out of fund.

Ur welcome... =)

I don't see it as advice from me but only sharing the facts and experience of me n my friends...
I do planned to bot my 4g13 few yrs back bu t ending up get a 93t halfcut...
I m still learning... especially about management where I m a completely noob in it... Hehehehe...

Good luck to u... be realistic in aiming horses vs hardware / software... anything... ask ur wallet first.. XD.. cheers n happy moding...
totally agree, wallet always make the decision.