Best tyre for racing?

titipoh

Jul 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i rather suggest join trackdays/gymkhana or any training using stock tyre first....fully utilize the stock tyre capability....and see if your laptime improves until can't be improved further...then only do upgrades...but safety aspect such as better brakes and better suspension should be done first.......

what car u driving? what kind of race u plan to join?
thx for ur advice...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually, stupidcar has a point. If this is a 350Z then the advice will be a bit different. If it's a BMW or a 4WD car, it'll be a bit different. And since you don't want to reveal the car we'll leave it at that and if you have nothing additional to add, I'm going to close this thread later today.

titipoh

Jul 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Actually, stupidcar has a point. If this is a 350Z then the advice will be a bit different. If it's a BMW or a 4WD car, it'll be a bit different. And since you don't want to reveal the car we'll leave it at that and if you have nothing additional to add, I'm going to close this thread later today.
mine is BMW M3

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So cute..people recommending road tyres like PS3T....PSC2..
No matter how "track" or "sporty" it is, it is not a racing tyre. Period. Race cars, use semi-slicks or slicks.

Look at TTA results, Hall of Fame..fastest times are all semi-slicks.. that's race. Go there and see what the fastest guys in their class use..then you know what tire you should get lor..

This is a race tyre.
Yokohama Tyres | Racing Tyres From Yokohama: ADVAN A050 R Spec Sizes and Reviews

Stuff like R888.. Z221...yup those are race tyres.

Asking keyboard warriors like us.. how would we know what race tyre is good.. You ask me how to get a spare tyre I can teach you la...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So cute..people recommending road tyres like P3ST....PSC2..
No matter how "track" or "sporty" it is, it is not a racing tyre. Period. Race cars, use semi-slicks or slicks.
P3ST is comfort performance tyre meant for road use, however PSC2 are race tyres for track.
You probably got mixed up with PS2 which is Pilot Sports 2, where PSC2 is Pilot Sports Cup 2...:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
mine is BMW M3
RWD goodness. If your car is gonna be on track and on the road I personally like the Federal RSR tyre. Grip in almost every kind of road condition. And doesn't melt too much after 6-7 laps Sepang on a hot afternoon.

Probably is the cheapest of extreme performance tyres you can get out there apart from Achilles 123s which won't outlast the RSR in terms of heat resistance and grip in the wet.

Good luck shopping.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

someone broke into my brudder's kelisa last nite. stock cd player stolen.. nothing broke, but the thief tore the rear window's rubber lining to remove the window. is this new skill? everything were professionally done, even they unscrewed the dashboard, instead of ripping off the centre console!

very angry and pity my brudder coz he just got the car 2 weeks ago.. and he's saving money to get an immobilizer :mad:

gonna whack kau those thieves!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience