Best tyre for racing?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
driving cheap tyre in track can made a whole lot of fun u know..its not always being fastest..but enjoy the limit of your tyre......especially in trackday when doesnt really matter who finish first :driver:

thunder77

Nov 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I don’t think this tyre is suitable for Malaysia, where to go for racing? What for buy such good tyre and we hardly got chance to use it. Malaysia traffic jam here and there, how to speed? To me, normal tyre would do , don’t need to pay so much money to get high end tyre.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Parada Spec2 cheap and cheerful....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I don’t think this tyre is suitable for Malaysia, where to go for racing? What for buy such good tyre and we hardly got chance to use it. Malaysia traffic jam here and there, how to speed? To me, normal tyre would do , don’t need to pay so much money to get high end tyre.
there are hidden driving road all over malaysia.from highway with long winding corner to
twisty road on hill side.not forgetting some empty road leading to small vilage.
i know there are some guys driving civics makes is a compulsory journey to kuala pilah town to enjoy the road.
they could be from as close as seremban but doubt so as none can speak negeri dialect.

i wont go all out but something like pilot sport will do just fine.
if i can afford it, i will kept and extra set of semi slick for track purpose.
but i doubt so as i am not a track kaki...more of a street guy.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I used to travel down to PD to watch the rally those days, using the old trunk route, to Sg. Pelek, Bukit Pelandok to PD and back.....

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

driving cheap tyre in track can made a whole lot of fun u know..its not always being fastest..but enjoy the limit of your tyre......especially in trackday when doesnt really matter who finish first :driver:
Yah! know what you mean. I use to like my Blue Streak Stiletto tyres where I can slide my VR, after change to GY Asy2 very hard to slide them....:smokin:

dip

Jul 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i recommend you use PSC2 as it is high end performance tyre
and it can be used for street usage...
but i think it is depends on personal preference...hehe

titipoh

Jul 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What size, what setup, what car and so on. Budget too.....
245/35/19
Driver skill leh? If driver is a complete noob then get the grippiest tyre your budget can afford. If you're Ivan/Ian Khong or Kenneth Koh or Karamjit Singh, then even Silverstone tyres will get you podium finish.
im still new to this :)
actually its safer....

because the grip limit was so low...

the tyre starts sliding around at lowest and safer speed than those racing compound tyre....

so TS can start learn how to control the car at the safe tyre limit.......

after that switch to sticky slicks and see how much faster and safer he/she was...

*ppl said i'm the original bunta :listen:
does this mean grip is important?

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

there are hidden driving road all over malaysia.from highway with long winding corner to
twisty road on hill side.not forgetting some empty road leading to small vilage.
i know there are some guys driving civics makes is a compulsory journey to kuala pilah town to enjoy the road.
they could be from as close as seremban but doubt so as none can speak negeri dialect.

i wont go all out but something like pilot sport will do just fine.
if i can afford it, i will kept and extra set of semi slick for track purpose.
but i doubt so as i am not a track kaki...more of a street guy.
I'm new to this so in process collecting opinions...pilot sport sounds good..any recommendation?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think you need to first state what type of car, what size of tyre, and what sort of race.

matthewctj

Feb 28, 2006
Indeed, the vehicle and what sort of race is an important criteria when suggesting tires. And racing? Means non-street legal tires like semi slicks? Or are you actually just asking about the best street tires?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
245/35/19

im still new to this :)

does this mean grip is important?

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I'm new to this so in process collecting opinions...pilot sport sounds good..any recommendation?
i rather suggest join trackdays/gymkhana or any training using stock tyre first....fully utilize the stock tyre capability....and see if your laptime improves until can't be improved further...then only do upgrades...but safety aspect such as better brakes and better suspension should be done first.......

what car u driving? what kind of race u plan to join?

Jul 3, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Actually for normal street usage, not necessary use this high end tyre, u can get cheaper tyre if u don’t expect much. I am currently using Michelin P3ST, which is very good too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Natural disasters are pretty much inevitable. And since Malaysia gets quite a lot of rain throughout the year, natural disasters like flash floods and landslides could occur at any time, without any warning. And in such incident, the response time of the authorities in mounting a rescue mission is very important since it could mean life or death. Realizing the degree of such situation, the locally-based LWK...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience