Best tyre for racing?

titipoh

Jul 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys, anyone know what is the best tyre for racing purpose? anyone these tyres before : Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, Toyo R888 and PSC2? come share your experience! :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Driver skill leh? If driver is a complete noob then get the grippiest tyre your budget can afford. If you're Ivan/Ian Khong or Kenneth Koh or Karamjit Singh, then even Silverstone tyres will get you podium finish.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hey guys, anyone know what is the best tyre for racing purpose? anyone these tyres before : Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, Toyo R888 and PSC2? come share your experience! :)
RE002? :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
cheapest tyre...

and learn from there :driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Don't la. Dangerous wo if pushed to the limit.
actually its safer....

because the grip limit was so low...

the tyre starts sliding around at lowest and safer speed than those racing compound tyre....

so TS can start learn how to control the car at the safe tyre limit.......

after that switch to sticky slicks and see how much faster and safer he/she was...

*ppl said i'm the original bunta :listen:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
actually its safer....

the tyre starts sliding around at lowest and safer speed than those racing compound tyre....

after that switch to sticky slicks and see how much faster and safer he/she was...

mana fstr :rofl:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
actually its safer....

i have to agree.
mounting the best tyre wont guarantee faster lap time or podium finish.
its down to well...combination of everything.

cheaper tyre will helps reveal what the chassis is like when grip is gone.how it understeer or oversteer.some fwd will oversteer due to the stiff suspension at the back.
cheap tyre will reveal these at lower speed so it helps the driver learn.imagine if the rear suddenly snap sideways at high speed corner?
not a fun thing as i experience with the neo cps on conti sport contact when i purposey throw it at a corner at high speed.lucky the chassis is well built and makes it easy to recover.

once the driver master the handling and make necessary tweak,upgrade to better rubber and enjoy.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Guys, I wanna ask. When tyres pushed hard, no sound or sound better?
Or its just me being too slow :slug:
i prefer tyre which produces sound when near limit.
some tyre like the cheap sime astar 300 does not produce noise even when it is already loosing grip.
that is not good when the feedback is also vague.

the conti sport contact on the other hnd is a soprano singer.
it luv to sing but that does not mean grip is less.
grip is there..treat it as background music.

on high end tyre...maybe u need more g to squeal it.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

come to think abt it,its kinda hard to squeal a rubber a part from doing wheelspin from standstill.
on agressive driving oso hard as we tend to stay within the limit.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i prefer tyre which produces sound when near limit.
some tyre like the cheap sime astar 300 does not produce noise even when it is already loosing grip.
that is not good when the feedback is also vague.

the conti sport contact on the other hnd is a soprano singer.
it luv to sing but that does not mean grip is less.
grip is there..treat it as background music.

on high end tyre...maybe u need more g to squeal it.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

come to think abt it,its kinda hard to squeal a rubber a part from doing wheelspin from standstill.
on agressive driving oso hard as we tend to stay within the limit.
I whacked it hard the other day of my ATR Sport. Squeel halfway gone. Perhaps tyre flex hhahaha

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
drive slowly brudder, dowan u end up like the evo owner.....:driver:
His should be okay, probably 90whp.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Don't la. Dangerous wo if pushed to the limit.
Can, got people use ATR Sports for track also.....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everybody,

Need help.. my car is overheating it's a wira 1.5 carburated engine. Did an overhaul (Full) after white smoke started coming out. Just did it about a week ago. My mechanic says it's the motor oil type I should change from 10sae to a 20 sae or something like that. Everything is fine for about 20 to 30 mins but after that the temperature rises gradually to almost the red line. I've tried flushing the radiator, changing the termostat, changing the hoses, changing the fan but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience