best all round tyre

Alex_tan168

Jul 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
erm...i've been searching tyre for my car for sometime ady... dunno which good...currently is 195/50/15... but i wanna get 205/50/15 which is damn hard to get ^^" hopefully can perform on dry and can drive around 100km/h on wet(really wet)...my budget is around RM300/pcs

so far my fren recommend me Yokohama S drive 195/50/15...
wat u guys thinks?

Edit... ok since i already decide to take Toyo Proxes T1-R / Yokohama S Drive... so I'll make this thread as Best All Round Tyre

so... all sifu pls share ur experience~

Best all round tyre means
- Performance under Wet / Dry condition
- dont incude Semi Slick / Slick tyre
* pls include more budget type tyre(not all ppl is rich)
* ofcoz sifu's can add those real preformance tyre like Potenza/Advan Neova

Last edited:

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Not sure bout the proxes 4. But i've test the T1-R and its perform very well in dry n wet. For ur size, i think it wont be more than rm300 per piece.

Alex_tan168

Jul 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure bout the proxes 4. But i've test the T1-R and its perform very well in dry n wet. For ur size, i think it wont be more than rm300 per piece.
i see...thx for ur help... hopefully other members can help me with more reply on other brands and comparison...

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
i see...thx for ur help... hopefully other members can help me with more reply on other brands and comparison...
Goodyear F1 GS-D3 maybe? Rated as the best all rounder among other prominent tyre brands for our kind of weather..

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
r u kidding...dats oni available for 17 inch and above..huhuhu!
i think u got the F1 Assy and GS-D3 mixed up..

F1 Assy for big wheels only.. GS-D3 with the directional thread got 15 inch.. :)

but ppl say goodyear=badyear wor :hmmmm:
heheh..that is because of NCT5 which has spoilt everything.. Goodyear's performance range of tyres are good imho..

anyway, it's still your choice bro.. If you like Yokohamas, you can go with the S-drive or A-drive R1, which are both sporty and also quiet.. :)

Last edited:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
You can try Federal 595 evo, Yokohama A-Drive R1, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 if they have 15 Inch, Toyo proxes T1R. For wet surfaces and not UHP tyres, Yokohama A drive R-1, not bad.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
erm...i've been searching tyre for my car for sometime ady... dunno which good...currently is 195/50/15... but i wanna get 205/50/15 which is damn hard to get ^^" hopefully can perform on dry and can drive around 100km/h on wet(really wet)...my budget is around RM300/pcs

so far my fren recommend me Yokohama S drive 195/50/15...

wat u guys thinks?
hi bro.. any reason why you want to go 205/50 R15? wider tyre patch = more susceptible to aquaplane. the undisputed king of the wet is Goodyear F1 GSD3..

Alex_tan168

Jul 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think u got the F1 Assy and GS-D3 mixed up..

F1 Assy for big wheels only.. GS-D3 with the directional thread got 15 inch.. :)

heheh..that is because of NCT5 which has spoilt everything.. Goodyear's performance range of tyres are good imho..

anyway, it's still your choice bro.. If you like Yokohamas, you can go with the S-drive or A-drive R1, which are both sporty and also quiet.. :)
i see.... so F1 GS-D3 will go into my list.. abt A drive R1.. i think S drive is batter rite? (i'm kaki conering ^^" )

You can try Federal 595 evo, Yokohama A-Drive R1, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 if they have 15 Inch, Toyo proxes T1R. For wet surfaces and not UHP tyres, Yokohama A drive R-1, not bad.
Federal 595 evo? well... i never heard of it...so... maybe i'll skip this... or maybe i'll put it into my list... hopefully some sifu can write down their experience/comment on this tyre...

hi bro.. any reason why you want to go 205/50 R15? wider tyre patch = more susceptible to aquaplane. the undisputed king of the wet is Goodyear F1 GSD3..
i know wider will lead me to apuaplane... tats y i'm asking all sifu here to recommend a good dry+wet tyre...1st reason is 205 look batter... 2nd reason is more surface contact = stop faster + i'm kaki coner :biggrin: i know i can always choose those semi slick like parada... but when rain u need to drive 80 below X_X"

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Parada not a semi-slick. It just a normal street tyre. For kaki kona which looking for tyre that can perform dry n wet, i still say proxes T1-R is the best choice.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wat liquid u guys use? how much ah? where to buy? my aircon not cold still got gas means condensor dirty and i too lazy drive to aircon shop and want to save $$ and learn at the same time
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience