Any tips on prevent stalling?

GTS500

Known Member
Nov 18, 2008
Do you mean at junction when you clutch in completely it stalls? Do check your BOV.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Do you mean at junction when you clutch in completely it stalls? Do check your BOV.
No bro, is my fault. I still can't catch the on/off point of twin clutch, always release too much.

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
Just now go train again, don't know why everytime come to junction, I will stall..... I try to give more gas and release, it still stall. If I keep on like this, I can't able to join TT liao......

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Bro, how can you drive so smooth........ admire you guys la. Any steps? Hopefully can learn from step by step....

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

semperfi, I tot after install the pump will only make your clutch lighter. Will it expand the "room of friction point"?

Sure yours is not triple plate? Yes, it does make it lighter and easier for you to control the release of the clutch. A few inches make a lot of difference! You might wanna try this method. It's pretty basic actually. throttle up, release the clutch slowly and if you feel the car is coming to a stall, stop where your clutch is and add more throttle (release the clutch a little bit more) and when you feel there's a slight forward movement in your car, release the clutch totally. I suggest you get the nismo clutch pump. It does help a lot with the clutch release. Clutch pump only helps with the ease of clutch release after installing racing clutches.

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
actually, twin plate or even triple plate clutches aren't super hard to press like most people believe... some are actually very light... its just the biting point is not as progressive or as smooth as stock clutches (their purpose is for motorsports, not to roll around town at pedestrian speeds)

my advice is release your clutch while in gear until you hear the clanging sound starts to disappear then HOLD it there..

now give it some gas, if the car starts moving, give it a bit more gas then when your speed builds up you can release the clutch pedal

if the car doesnt move when u give it gas, release the clutch pedal a bit more till the car moves

dont play around with the clutch (balancing it all the time while on lower gears to keep it smooth) too much as this wears out your clutch faster

once you get the hang of it you will realise you only need to put your foot on the clutch pedal when you need to change gears (especially since the GTR has a lot of torque compared to a Kancil or Iswara)

hope this helps. as usual, if any of this info is wrong feel free to correct.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Sure yours is not triple plate? Yes, it does make it lighter and easier for you to control the release of the clutch. A few inches make a lot of difference! You might wanna try this method. It's pretty basic actually. throttle up, release the clutch slowly and if you feel the car is coming to a stall, stop where your clutch is and add more throttle (release the clutch a little bit more) and when you feel there's a slight forward movement in your car, release the clutch totally. I suggest you get the nismo clutch pump. It does help a lot with the clutch release. Clutch pump only helps with the ease of clutch release after installing racing clutches.
Thank you bro for your suggestion.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

actually, twin plate or even triple plate clutches aren't super hard to press like most people believe... some are actually very light... its just the biting point is not as progressive or as smooth as stock clutches (their purpose is for motorsports, not to roll around town at pedestrian speeds)

my advice is release your clutch while in gear until you hear the clanging sound starts to disappear then HOLD it there..

now give it some gas, if the car starts moving, give it a bit more gas then when your speed builds up you can release the clutch pedal

if the car doesnt move when u give it gas, release the clutch pedal a bit more till the car moves

dont play around with the clutch (balancing it all the time while on lower gears to keep it smooth) too much as this wears out your clutch faster

once you get the hang of it you will realise you only need to put your foot on the clutch pedal when you need to change gears (especially since the GTR has a lot of torque compared to a Kancil or Iswara)

hope this helps. as usual, if any of this info is wrong feel free to correct.
From the 1st time i floor my clutch, it make me feel the clutch so heavy. After go through a week of driving, i slowly feel that is not so heavy but only the bitting point. I'll try this method again later, thanks bro ^_^

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
reminds me of the time when i started driving my car,bitch was hard as hell and when i just depress too much the car lunges forward and stalled. It got so scarry that i refused to drive it at all, coz the clutch seems to have a pressure point. Fully press in, then release 20% still okay car not moving, 40% still okay, car still not moving, then half way at 40-50% the car just suddenly lunges forward so fast, so violently. scarry as hell and so difficult to gauge.Imagine lah how to gauge in between the point of 40-50% with it?i certainlly aint no genius lah the clutch just is funny la, so makan.

In the end have to do the ala ah beng way lah, throttle up alot(like u wanna race with ppl) vrooooooooommmm, then release clutch slowly. i hate it to be honest when u are stuck at traffic with car beside u. everyone will probably think "wah look at this ah beng, show off!" but what to do right?

eventually got used to it, now if u wanna try my left kick i welcome anyone lah. Probably can smack and destroy heineken bottles with bare feet.*haiyahhhh~~~~show off smelly feet*

oh yah after kung fu feet now i cannot drive kelisa car anymore, coz clutch too soft LOL, kena laughed at stalling kelisas now.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
cosmic, ya...after get used to twin or triple plate clutch. Then drive a stock car with stock clutch when you press feel like no clutch at all...press...like empty only...Hahahaha

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
reminds me of the time when i started driving my car,bitch was hard as hell and when i just depress too much the car lunges forward and stalled. It got so scarry that i refused to drive it at all, coz the clutch seems to have a pressure point. Fully press in, then release 20% still okay car not moving, 40% still okay, car still not moving, then half way at 40-50% the car just suddenly lunges forward so fast, so violently. scarry as hell and so difficult to gauge.Imagine lah how to gauge in between the point of 40-50% with it?i certainlly aint no genius lah the clutch just is funny la, so makan.

In the end have to do the ala ah beng way lah, throttle up alot(like u wanna race with ppl) vrooooooooommmm, then release clutch slowly. i hate it to be honest when u are stuck at traffic with car beside u. everyone will probably think "wah look at this ah beng, show off!" but what to do right?

eventually got used to it, now if u wanna try my left kick i welcome anyone lah. Probably can smack and destroy heineken bottles with bare feet.*haiyahhhh~~~~show off smelly feet*

oh yah after kung fu feet now i cannot drive kelisa car anymore, coz clutch too soft LOL, kena laughed at stalling kelisas now.
Ya, has been 2 times scold by those motorcyclist when i give more throttle but the car still not move forward, they scold me "puk*ma lansi punya babi"...... -_- They don't understand how difficult of our situation....... 100% agree!! as u said, to take the mid point between 40%-50%, for a freshly as me is very hard, especially when car behind horn you, u'll be nervous and release more clutch and lastly stall....... then they horn again -_-......

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

cosmic, ya...after get used to twin or triple plate clutch. Then drive a stock car with stock clutch when you press feel like no clutch at all...press...like empty only...Hahahaha
Hopefully soon or later I can have this level ^_^

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Hello there bro, you can adjust the height of the clutch point as what you want too. :) ...either 40% or 10% also can. Some ppl dun like to dump clutch too deep

Last edited:

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
hey nenineni,

i had the same prob when i got my car a few months back...twin plate as well...there r a few things i did...

1. practice
2. adjust the height of the clutch to suit you
3. don't be afraid to give it more gas..don't be scared of the sound...i was to...but now i just rev higher and release the clutch slowly...

hope this helps...i still cock up occasionally but its much better than before...good luck bro

:driver:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Thank you all bro for your suggestion. I think the height is suitable for me now, what I need is practice, practice and practice. :driver:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Practice about 1 month already, so far so good. Used to know where is the friction point, hehehe~ Very thank you all bro for your lesson. Btw, I wanna ask something about the reverse lamp. When reverse, both lamp lighted? Or only the white lamp lighted?

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi
whitelamp only should be lighted.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what are the price of lancer gt for year 07-09?i love that car so badly but to afford a new one is tak mampu lor...is it possible for someone like me to afford that car
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience