Any tips on prevent stalling?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Just own a V-spec II 2 weeks ago. Since this car with the twin plate clutch, is difficult for me to drive. Any tips of handle twin plate clutch? Will be appreciate of your sharing. -_-

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
Twin plate clutch doesn't require you to floor your clutch pedal to engage a gear... 50% usually is good enough to engage a gear. (when you hear some of the "cling cling" sound) you are ready to engage. However, with the 50% (half clutch) gear engagement the moment you release your clutch pedal just even slightly you will be in drive already.. so get ready your throttle before hand.

I guess you will just have to get used to the twin plate clutch... if it is so unbearable change it back to stock. If you vehicle is equipped with hi-cams... even worse for city driving... thats the price to pay for powderful car. enjoy :)

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
Just own a V-spec II 2 weeks ago. Since this car with the twin plate clutch, is difficult for me to drive. Any tips of handle twin plate clutch? Will be appreciate of your sharing. -_-
What do you mean difficult? As in heavy on the clutch pedal? If so, get a nismo clutch pump and your answer will be solved.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
The difficult thing is release the clutch pedal. Release too fast or much will stall. I will not to change back stock since this car already 400whp+. Thanks ftzone for your info, the cling cling sound sometime cover by engine sound, hahaha...

semperfi

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Worldwide
That answers the question. Change the clutch pump. I had the same problem... it only cost a few hundred ringgit.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I understand how you feel. Mine is a damperless clutch and it's a bloody bitch to drive.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bigger clutch pump will make the clutch pedal less stiff?..

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
That answers the question. Change the clutch pump. I had the same problem... it only cost a few hundred ringgit.
Thanks bro, I'll keep that in mind~ But the problem is don't know I can reach Sunway without stall or not.....

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Twin plate clutch doesn't require you to floor your clutch pedal to engage a gear... 50% usually is good enough to engage a gear. (when you hear some of the "cling cling" sound) you are ready to engage. However, with the 50% (half clutch) gear engagement the moment you release your clutch pedal just even slightly you will be in drive already.. so get ready your throttle before hand.

I guess you will just have to get used to the twin plate clutch... if it is so unbearable change it back to stock. If you vehicle is equipped with hi-cams... even worse for city driving... thats the price to pay for powderful car. enjoy :)
Bro, after read again your info, i wanna make it more detail again. U mean only press the clutch pedal until hear "rattling" sound then can change gear already? I never tried this b4...... Normally i just flooring clutch pedal> shift gear> give some gas + release the clutch near friction point> slowly release clutch + adding gas. But the problem is..... fast abit also will stalling...... drive almost 1 week already still can't handle this clutch.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I understand how you feel. Mine is a damperless clutch and it's a bloody bitch to drive.
Have you change your clutch pump later?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

naik kereta full throttle terus :p..jk jk
Later my car get smash by other ppl, LOL~ But serious, how many % of throttle is recommend for smooth start?

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
this reminds me of when i first collected my car. i stalled 5 times trying to get out of the ex-owner's car park that has a slope. a girl who walked pass oso laughed at me... :banghead:

as you are still new to your car, give it more throttle. don't worry about it being noisy first. its better for people to curse you thinking you are showing off rather than stalling and everyone laughs at you. give it a few cars length before you stat driving so you have enough room in case your car shoots forward. after awhile, you will know just how much throttle you need. happy driving and congrats on getting a great car... :driver:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
NeniNeniBoBo, nope I didn't. I learned to live with it. Hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey im bit complicated....now im using 1.5i saga standard engine..then i want to change the engine to use 1.5 dohc mitsubishi is it right the we need to change the dash board because some of my fren said carburetor engine n injection cant use the same speedo meter.....is it we can still use the saga dashboard.....after all i cahnge the injection engine....want thing is it using injection better consumtion than carburetor?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience