4g13 (Satria) Modification... Need suggestion of my MOD...

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
Guys... As mentioned, Im using Satria, year 2000 with MMC wiring which is 100% stock... Just bought it 3 months back... Just slightly not satisfied of the 4g13 performance...

So decided to do following mod:-

-Fit 4g15 block
-78mm high compression piston
-1.6 clutch plate with slightly flywheel lightened

I have a mech who very good in this kind of mods. But the problem now is about the fuel consumption... For now, Im getting 11km/L as RM70 of ron95 can run for 420km++...
Im scared my mods will increase my fuel consumption as Im very particular about it. Or else I will just drop this plan...
So friends, my question now, are the mods above gonna increase fuel consumption or I will get better fuel consumption?

Other parts such as throttle body will remain as same as Im using now... My drive gonna be on city/town areas most of time and a bit of highway driving...

Please give me a good comments and suggestions guys as Im new to this modding field...

Thanks in advance my friends... :biggrin::driver:

Attachments

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro, u want more power but on par with your current FC,
u have to expect more power comes with higher FC, otherwise u may need to stick back with your current 4g13.

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
thanx a lot bro... Just confuse cuz some saying wil get good fc, sm saying wil increase fc., but i know the fact that bigger piston mod wil give good fc on highway driving, bt for town and city driving, gonna be bad fc...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i dun think that with using 4g15 block & bigger pistons will give u better FC, the only method to get better FC is to keep it stock std & service your car according to your owners manual.

for me, im using v6 twin turbo. on highway i get much more better mileage than v6n/a auto.
but higher FC during city driving.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Depends on how far your mods go and how heavy your right foot is la. When I first did my 3-speeder wira done I got pretty crappy FC because of the thrill of the mods. But now that I'm pretty much immune to it already and drive sensibly, I get on average 13km/L to 15km/L.

Note : I'm still on a 3-speed auto and I'm doing better or almost as good as most manual Wiras out there.

:biggrin:

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
im not heavy-footed, bt the pick from 20-80km/h realy sucks... So sometimes i need to be slightly heavy-footed because of low pick prob...

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Mr. Izso, what kind of mods have u done for ur wira? :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
izso,
how come your wira is 3 speeder? wat mods did u do?
Wira is a 3-speeder because it's an auto lor. Auto Wiras are all 3-speeders unless it's 1.6 and above, then those are 4-speeders. 4G9x autos are 4-speeds, 4G1x autos are 3 speeds.

Mods ah? Aiya.. no need to declare la. I mod for self satisfaction, not for showing off or beating some fellas car or overtaking Skylines la. In fact the only fast car I've ever overtaken was the one that was still parked.

But truth be told the mods is slowly killing my gearbox. All the more reason for me to swap to manual :biggrin:

My rebuild was a DIY with 2 other friends one of which was an ex-engineer for BMW and he told me there are two ways to modify you car :

1. All out power at the cost of reliability
2. Efficiency

I opted for #2 but at the same time I did gain some performance improvements but not as much as I would have gained compared to option #1. Ultimately though, I found that as long as I left the brick under my accelerator there I would get really good FC. :biggrin:

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
thx guys for ur comments... Really appreciate it... For now, jz wanna change the clutch plate to 1.6 and lightened flywheel... Better pick up without disturbing fc...

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
Mr. Izso, my budget around 3k...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mr. Izso, my budget around 3k...
You can do a lot with 3k I think.

Port and polish the head + skim, exhaust, 1.5 block + registration and perhaps AFPR + air filter. Don't DIY the heavy duty stuff, it'll cost more cuz you'll only want the best for everything and end up spending more. If you let others do and just close your eyes, it'll be done and still work as well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

i decide to Mod E3 bumper on my wira..
but do it Agains..JPJ Laws?
when kena road block by JPJ/polis..

will they stop u?
any hv exp on this?

need Feedback~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience