4g13 exhast question

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
I have a question about the exhaust system. Currently running on 4-2-1, a swirl bullet and a straight flow muffler. Felt that it is a bit sluggish when on 3rd gear, low rpm. Does it afffect my low end torque if i remove the swirl bullet and replace it with just a pipe. Current and still on standard pipe size diameter. My car is a manual transmission, and running on 15 inches.Noise is not a problem, I just want more low end torque. Do help. Thanks.

allance

Known Member
May 12, 2009
if u want gain low end torque u need some exhaust back pressure, change back stock header or use s-flow muffler , paiping use back ori size! straight flow just gain top end power n lose low end power,more back pressure u will gain more torque at low end but lose top end

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
From what I have been told, its not the backpressure, rather then the velocity of the gas exiting should be constant, and not restricted. I was wondering if the swirl bullet is giving the restriction. My stock headers are of 4-1 design, and i can tell you, it does not have the low end torque, even when i was using an s-flow.

allance

Known Member
May 12, 2009
u r using hi flow air filter i guess ! ok! i think ur air fuel so lean now, u can install e-manage to retuned ur air fuel , after tune u can feel more power n low end power also! all modify need using piggyback ecu to retuned n max power will b made! u know la 1.3cc that power

but i guarantee u after tune ur car can get more power! mau kuda lari kuat mesti mau kuda makan banyak!

oh...1 thing ur clutch! need checking frist! clutch is important to deliver power!

Last edited:

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Using back standard OEM drop in. Not open pod. Btw for me, its not worth for me to install a 1.3 k standalone. 4g13 svdo, cant use piggy back, except for open loop. In close loop, it is useless.

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
removing the swirl bullet will increse your pickup but the sound will be unbearable la ...change the swirl to straight flow bullet and do check your exhaust system for any crack and holes...

allance

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Using back standard OEM drop in. Not open pod. Btw for me, its not worth for me to install a 1.3 k standalone. 4g13 svdo, cant use piggy back, except for open loop. In close loop, it is useless.
like that , i recomend u change ur clutch or change to 1.6 clutch n flywheel,(flywheel do cutting 1/4to reduce weight is more better) some ppl after change they car get more power already! try it!

darrengoh89

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi damone ...i suggest you to to stay with your 4-2-1 header ...remove the cat con ...replace it with mid bullet ...then a straight flow muffler ..this will give you better kicks in for low end tourqe ...or you may give a try ...add another zenden mid bullet ...response is juz nice ...this setting is on my 1.3 efi now ...no complains ...about the zenden mid bullet ..you can contact kent20 for more detail ...

just my 2 cents according to what i've mod ;)

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
I am using Zenden centre bullet bro, and honestly, when going up on an incline, it feels a little 'hollow' or flat. I am going for a straight pipe from headers to exhaust.2 inch muffler. Standard piping. I do not believe in backpressure. Hehehe. Have you seen a 4g15 Svdo that can follow a b16a? I have, and am following his recipe. :D

Last edited:

allance

Known Member
May 12, 2009
believe or not go to dyno, u will get the answer! do straight flow myb u can get more hp n abit torque at high RPM , but u will lose torque at low RPM! now ur problem is low end torque! cakap byk tak guna , everthing u do n go to dyno is the answer!

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
allance. from all the post u post up there ... everything is dam expensive JOB cost 600Rm above LOL. and everything is money doing.

i think the guys need is solution without spending money and found out trouble. if possible

if minor modify WHY U NEED PIGGY BACK? like stock car only start mod 10% and wanna get PIGGY BACK? and later on u do again and U TUNE AGAIN? is not the way.

Dyno is the answer? yes is the answer while u have piggy back as well or u mod more at the stage which is necessary.

Damone here. i mod my piping twice which is now i felt happier.
at 1st i install 4-2-1 extractor which is im on 1.3CC. and found out that i need more power.

and then i get striaght flow. but the piping still original. and only thing u must get the bullet which is small size. and try to adjust to a bit behind. cuz normally exhaust dude will install the bullet very close to the extractor at the last part there. and the extractor 4-2-1 and the part of 2-1 make it shorter.

that how the exhaust dude advise me and i get better. but also go take advise from the exhaust dude what setting u wan and else. they can get the best solution. because sometimes also depend on ur car mod. cuz too much air out ur car sure sluggish.

and is not necessary also to upgrade ur piping size unless u mod more then 50%

allance

Known Member
May 12, 2009
ya bro i talking with u:rofl:....if u want to know what the result ,is works or not on ur modify u need go to dyno test! dun waste the money to change something! or u can find expert tuner to help u !

bro, sorry about manner of speaking:biggrin: i just wanna help u!:nurse:

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

allance. from all the post u post up there ... everything is dam expensive JOB cost 600Rm above LOL. and everything is money doing.

i think the guys need is solution without spending money and found out trouble. if possible

if minor modify WHY U NEED PIGGY BACK? like stock car only start mod 10% and wanna get PIGGY BACK? and later on u do again and U TUNE AGAIN? is not the way.

Dyno is the answer? yes is the answer while u have piggy back as well or u mod more at the stage which is necessary.

Damone here. i mod my piping twice which is now i felt happier.
at 1st i install 4-2-1 extractor which is im on 1.3CC. and found out that i need more power.

and then i get striaght flow. but the piping still original. and only thing u must get the bullet which is small size. and try to adjust to a bit behind. cuz normally exhaust dude will install the bullet very close to the extractor at the last part there. and the extractor 4-2-1 and the part of 2-1 make it shorter.

that how the exhaust dude advise me and i get better. but also go take advise from the exhaust dude what setting u wan and else. they can get the best solution. because sometimes also depend on ur car mod. cuz too much air out ur car sure sluggish.

and is not necessary also to upgrade ur piping size unless u mod more then 50%

i also have this problem b4, i change my exhaust to straight flow after go to dyno my power all is lose , air fuel go to lean so i need piggyback ecu to retune my air fuel ratio, after that my hp gain 12hp

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Small car no need dyno la. Paiseh only. Good if I want to know my base stock horsies la. But then, SVDO unit learns itself la bro. Will never run lean one. Thats why when you mod also, it will readjust itself. For this, just mod on how the gasses flow out only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car now facing an old promble again!!
Makan Black oil..
since last few month..i did send to a shop to repair..the Foreman who repair my car....really fucked Up!!
that time..he told me ..to change the top engine gaster only..and the underneath
gear box..gasket..he told me that.because of tis 2 part leaking.. to make ur car makan black oil..
but i did ask another foreman abt my car..promble
after my car had fixed..he told me that..the mainly things..it happen on ur car engine pistol...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience