Food Talk...Eat, Eat & Eat.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Last 2 months I went to Langkawi, had ikan bakar near the Sheraton there at the base of the hill (road). 4 pomfrets and 6 drinks cost RM60 bucks. That's so ridiculously cheap for Langkawi. Just after the Sheraton by the side of the road : 2 nasi lemak sotong, 2 curry chicken nasi lemak, 20 pisang goreng, 20 cekodok, dunno what other kueys, all for....? RM10.

Then there's this seafood place, I can't recall the name. Something like Wonderland or Wonderful or something. All the seafood places around this place is dead, this is the only seafood place that's got business (a lot). And no wonder too. 1 whole Lobster, a prawn dish (tiger prawns), 2 meat crabs, 1 chicken dish, 1 vege and 6 rice, RM160 only. All in touristy Langkawi.... damn. Lucky I asked my friends for advice otherwise I would've gone to all the crappy places.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Last 2 months I went to Langkawi, had ikan bakar near the Sheraton there at the base of the hill (road). 4 pomfrets and 6 drinks cost RM60 bucks. That's so ridiculously cheap for Langkawi. Just after the Sheraton by the side of the road : 2 nasi lemak sotong, 2 curry chicken nasi lemak, 20 pisang goreng, 20 cekodok, dunno what other kueys, all for....? RM10.

Then there's this seafood place, I can't recall the name. Something like Wonderland or Wonderful or something. All the seafood places around this place is dead, this is the only seafood place that's got business (a lot). And no wonder too. 1 whole Lobster, a prawn dish (tiger prawns), 2 meat crabs, 1 chicken dish, 1 vege and 6 rice, RM160 only. All in touristy Langkawi.... damn. Lucky I asked my friends for advice otherwise I would've gone to all the crappy places.
That's real cheap. Long time no go Langkawi adi.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

The ikan baker hear Sheraton, is it opposite a car wash. Went to one had lots of people but to us (my colleagues and myself) the food not that good woh!:confused:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Halal Hokkien mee in PJ old town. Not sure if bro. Danz tried already or not?:smokin:
have not yet bro cos wife said scared not halal although it is, unless got malay people eating there then she will trust me.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

went to Kuantan during the school holidays, tried Ana Ikan Bakar as recommended, not bad, worth trying & service also acceptable as it was pack
during dinner time. price wise i could say reasonable.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ha! went to wrong one then, but then many people there but food not good....:banghead:
You didn't go to the right places then! When I was there 4 days, only 1 night I didn't like the food cuz we ended up going to a touristy place and it was crazy expensive.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
have not yet bro cos wife said scared not halal although it is, unless got malay people eating there then she will trust me.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

went to Kuantan during the school holidays, tried Ana Ikan Bakar as recommended, not bad, worth trying & service also acceptable as it was pack
during dinner time. price wise i could say reasonable.
Bro. Danz, Saw plenty Malay people eat there.

Oh! You always go to Sri Ganapathi Mess in Road 10, right?
There is another one called Annapurna Mess in Road 2 (Jalan Railway), the road running parallel with the railway line.

Home-cooked Indian flavours at Annapurna Mess in Petaling Jaya | Eat/Drink | Malay Mail Online

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

You didn't go to the right places then! When I was there 4 days, only 1 night I didn't like the food cuz we ended up going to a touristy place and it was crazy expensive.
That one was a real miss, but we did have good dinner on another night when we visited our authorized JVC service center and the boss took us to hawker center. The food there was good. So need local to bring us.....:smokin::driver:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Problem is when they branch out may not be the same.......
Depends on the QC as well.

Last i remembered was the Mee Goreng @ Lorong Bangkok...

one of his branches actually tasted better than the penang one..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on the QC as well.

Last i remembered was the Mee Goreng @ Lorong Bangkok...

one of his branches actually tasted better than the penang one..
The cook pandai pandai add something else.....hhahahhahahaa

That is why franchise sell and deliver daily the stuff from factory. Let individual cook do it all will taste different......:rolleyes:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
The cook pandai pandai add something else.....hhahahhahahaa

That is why franchise sell and deliver daily the stuff from factory. Let individual cook do it all will taste different......:rolleyes:
in my observation, this mee goreng family business kalau no 1 gone no 2 n 3 can stand by n cook.

usually u will not see the same person cooking the same good dish... :proud:

btw i found this article a bit stupid.. do THEY did their research???

Club Sandwich Index 2015: 28 priciest dining destinations across the world

:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TENGKU DJAN LEY WINS ROUND 2 OF D1 GRAND PRIX DRIFT

Report: Amprex Motorsports

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
  • Similar Thread count increased and algorithm updated! See more relevant posts while you browse!