SURVEY: BEST STREET FOOD IN TOWN

zique

Kopi O Lesen Driver
Jun 30, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
mikeyip.com
Hello,

Don't flame me if there's a similar post in here, tried searching ZTH for it but couldn't find that post.

Anyway, I'm just doing a research on the best street food there is in town, whether it's in the klang valley, or in Ipoh or in Kampar or in JB or anywhere.

The requirement? The stall shouldn't be in a restaurant or a Medan Selera, it should be a road side stall that is famous for that particular food.

For example...

Stall: Ah Wah Chicken Wing
Food: BBQ Chicken Wing
Comment: Best ler, so far, the juiciest I've tasted.

Thanks hor for sharing.... :D

headache

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Bestest and cheapest nasi lemak(very fragrant and lemak) @ 80 cts per pack with some anchovies, cuCUMber, nuts and a third of a hard boiled eggs. Topped up with a generous amount of sambal.

Place: Taman Jati, Jelapang, Ipoh. Only in the mornings by the road side, opposite Restoran Mee Yoke.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Jalan Alor..Fried La la...hehehe at night only la....

kkho99

4,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Visit site
BAH KUT TEH in klang loh.....but must know the right place and right time to makan there lah............ ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
I havent been around much..but in Taman Kosas,in front of the 7Eleven..there is a small stall selling pizza's,called Zem's Pizza (or similiar).Its not bad actually! heh heh

also the Nasi Lemak Kukus called Hot Station near the Condo's is good..harga naik oo,it was in one of the local food shows.

fai

500 RPM
May 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by ExceL@Mar 1 2005, 11:42
I havent been around much..but in Taman Kosas,in front of the 7Eleven..there is a small stall selling pizza's,called Zem's Pizza (or similiar).Its not bad actually! heh heh

also the Nasi Lemak Kukus called Hot Station near the Condo's is good..harga naik oo,it was in one of the local food shows.
U stay in ampang? me in tasik.

There another nasi lemak stall at Bkt Indah, Ampang. Near by Caltex.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Originally posted by fai+Mar 1 2005, 12:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fai @ Mar 1 2005, 12:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ExceL@Mar 1 2005, 11:42

U stay in ampang? me in tasik.

There another nasi lemak stall at Bkt Indah, Ampang. Near by Caltex. [/b][/quote]
yep.That nasi lemak you talking about is co-op with the snooker center wan izzit? :lol:

Question: anyone know of a good Thai restaurant with great green curry?,wanna blanja parents la,anyone?

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
JAlan Pudu: sang har min and teochew dim sum

Sg. Choh:loh mee

Jalan Alor:Ngau Kee beef mee

Serdang kampung:pan mee, seafood

Robson Heights(seputeh):good seafood

Bukit Antarabangsa: Nasi lemak

and many more!!!!!

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Behind Spectrum shopping complex ampang, got one shop only there selling chay siaw fan,their char siew head dam yummy!!!

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Originally posted by psyk@Mar 1 2005, 12:44
i know i know.. but in thailand woh.. :P
bas-3rd! :lol: :lol:

Tohsan - I agree,they use to be in Pekan Ampang,very run down building,but their food still nr.1 leh..yum chicken rice :lol:

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
selayang : ginseng prawns
: tokyo restarant
the best prawns ever~!~!~

if u have the oppotunity,go for it~!~!~
no regrets

CK82

Known Member
Jan 7, 2005
NEAR Cheras business centre( small road from taman cheras to leisure mall).

FOOD = "wan tan kai keuk min" ( wan tan mee + chicken leg) :lol:

anyone stay near tmn cheras ( yulik ) :huh: . there used to be a BAK KUT TEH stall but they was move since the owner of the shop want to take back the shop. :(

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
Originally posted by simonchangwaimun@Mar 1 2005, 15:32
selayang : ginseng prawns
: tokyo restarant
the best prawns ever~!~!~

if u have the oppotunity,go for it~!~!~
no regrets
which part lar?dunno selayang lar..ginseng prawn ar?wah!!!

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I'm probably going to get shot by many for saying this but I'm still gonna say it anyway because it's what I notice in the forum. This is only meant as a point to ponder and a suggestion so hope y'all could take it as a comstructive comment rather than a war started or an insult or what nots.

Mr Zique has already given an example format which is easy to read.
Originally posted by zique

For example...

Stall: Ah Wah Chicken Wing
Food: BBQ Chicken Wing
Comment: Best ler, so far, the juiciest I've tasted.
I was wondering whether that format is so difficult to follow. Then again, maybe I'm just "yim chim" or fussy about little details. hahaha

Anyway, to top that up, Ah Wah Chicken wing is darn expensive. The other day, my friend and I ordered 2 plates fried noodles, 3 pairs of chicken wings and 2 drinks and the total bill was RM50 ! The ginger spring onion beef noodle in egg sauce that I order was RM10. The other noodle, which is the "chiu pai mee" or "signature noodle" is RM8. I think the drinks are probably RM2 each so that makes a total of RM22. I can't imagine how much is the chicken wing!!! I didn't ask !

Anyway, more to add.

Stall : Menara Citibank, level 5, Food Court
Food : Nasi Lemak
Comment : So far, it's a good one though maybe not the best. Some more, got loads of chicks to see during lunch! Unsure if nasi lemak is stilll available for lunch or not. Also, forgot the stall number! haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm about to buy a 2nd hand car and got a fuel injection and shiftronic , I ;m wondering the chip or memory that control all the data/process , can I reset it or do some tuning on it ....

I'm talking about Honda stream 2.0 .....

can some experts here help me

thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience