Wta: 4age 20v Svt Air Flow Sensor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
swap your AFM with others...

yup...try swap with ur frens...
same goes with ur ecu...if u think it's caused by ecu, try changing with another svt ecu...see whether ok or not...

my svt dulu oso burnt ecu....but it was very bad after the ecu burnt...
like car not working well...miss firing everywhere..

hi fellow toyotarians...
have some questions here, will the afm affecting the idling too coz sometimes when i open aircond the engine will die (not all the time laa), if no aircond the engine ok, or is it because of spark plug? heee newbie dunno everything but the performance for 20 valve is unquestionable....thks

SE.G,
Are you using SVT. I face similiar problem b4. Idle seems to be low. Bro, to tell you the truth , I ask several sifus about this problem they also can't solve it. Goodluck!

try to adjust this thing...FICD something...
there's a alen key screw near the "cut-out" hose...adjust it...

please also make sure your TB is in good condition...

Image07-1.jpg

for toyota what is it called aaa ???

a bad compressor also make ur idling bad (during air-cond on)...
please do check all the air-cond fuse too...

Last edited:
yes im using silvertop, erm ficd? i heard lst time there is toyota sifus doing this service but i will double check with my mech, thks for the advice i will mention to him bout this ficd..., one more thing there is someone in the forum i forgot his name already saying that he have some gadget to helps stablise the engine if we face the problem,what do you guys think, that gadget also have toyota printed on its body but forget already who that guy is liao ehehe, anyway thks guys

hahhahah.....
i have AFM for sale.

Vacuum Sensor or Throttle Sensor maybe. But before change the item make sure check throttle body.
I have this kind of problem after installed SVT, now it's OK after done step above.

i hv changed d AFM few months before this.
immediately after changed, d sudden jerking problems softer; 90% solved.
however d problems come back after few weeks after changed but d condition is better than d condition before changed.

SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT ONLY...

try to adjust this thing...FICD something...
there's a alen key screw near the "cut-out" hose...adjust it...

please also make sure your TB is in good condition...

Image07-1.jpg

for toyota what is it called aaa ???

a bad compressor also make ur idling bad (during air-cond on)...
please do check all the air-cond fuse too...

how to make sure d TB is in good conditon?

Vacuum Sensor or Throttle Sensor maybe. But before change the item make sure check throttle body.
I have this kind of problem after installed SVT, now it's OK after done step above.

how to check d sensors are ok o not? diagnose?

The AFM actually is not that easily broke, unless the brush will broken and it scratch the carbon contact. I check mine and is all ok, but if u guys did open the top black plastic cover, better seal it back, because it will bring to air leak. AFM flap will not reading perfectly.

Another if the idle low (my svt idle is 750-770 rpm) when no on the air con, still not good enough. I also suspect the ITB or the throttle cover there is leaking air, so the vacumm from the AFM flap will not able to get full suction. Another suspect is the spark plug. Better use back heat range 6 spark plug.

how to maintain d AFM in good conditions? want v need 2 do 2 avoid faulty?

can d AFM be cleaned o serviced?

If you have done throttle body and then it still not OK, it should be the sensor.
replace the sensor and then finish. unless something wrong with compressor.
also, try replace the tube from upper to lower vice versa, and turn the key below.
if nothing works, that means the sensor really busted.

how to maintain d AFM in good conditions? want v need 2 do 2 avoid faulty?

can d AFM be cleaned o serviced?

AFM normally not need to service, if the flap or the internal tooooo oily or sticky, can use the dinner to clean up, since it will easy wrap off the oil and also quick dry, won't left any water marks in it. If u wanna clean, don't place the top black cover upside down, let it face up above. then clean it. If u not sure inside the brush or the contact is it good condition, just cut off the cover side slowly and open, if nothing, seal it back with SILICONE (non-acid).

As i say, try to check the plug also, the throttle cover and those tiny hose below the ITB there. But remember don't touch the TPS that infront of the clutch pump there.

If you have done throttle body and then it still not OK, it should be the sensor.
replace the sensor and then finish. unless something wrong with compressor.
also, try replace the tube from upper to lower vice versa, and turn the key below.
if nothing works, that means the sensor really busted.

wat do u mean by hv done d throttle body?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom