Wta: 4age 20v Svt Air Flow Sensor

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
yup...try swap with ur frens...
same goes with ur ecu...if u think it's caused by ecu, try changing with another svt ecu...see whether ok or not...

my svt dulu oso burnt ecu....but it was very bad after the ecu burnt...
like car not working well...miss firing everywhere..

SE.G

Known Member
Nov 24, 2006
Sarawak
hi fellow toyotarians...
have some questions here, will the afm affecting the idling too coz sometimes when i open aircond the engine will die (not all the time laa), if no aircond the engine ok, or is it because of spark plug? heee newbie dunno everything but the performance for 20 valve is unquestionable....thks

otismummum

500 RPM
Oct 28, 2005
SE.G,
Are you using SVT. I face similiar problem b4. Idle seems to be low. Bro, to tell you the truth , I ask several sifus about this problem they also can't solve it. Goodluck!

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
try to adjust this thing...FICD something...
there's a alen key screw near the "cut-out" hose...adjust it...

please also make sure your TB is in good condition...

for toyota what is it called aaa ???

a bad compressor also make ur idling bad (during air-cond on)...
please do check all the air-cond fuse too...

Last edited:

SE.G

Known Member
Nov 24, 2006
Sarawak
yes im using silvertop, erm ficd? i heard lst time there is toyota sifus doing this service but i will double check with my mech, thks for the advice i will mention to him bout this ficd..., one more thing there is someone in the forum i forgot his name already saying that he have some gadget to helps stablise the engine if we face the problem,what do you guys think, that gadget also have toyota printed on its body but forget already who that guy is liao ehehe, anyway thks guys

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
hahhahah.....
i have AFM for sale.

sache

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
Vacuum Sensor or Throttle Sensor maybe. But before change the item make sure check throttle body.
I have this kind of problem after installed SVT, now it's OK after done step above.

weitak_83

Known Member
Jan 26, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
i hv changed d AFM few months before this.
immediately after changed, d sudden jerking problems softer; 90% solved.
however d problems come back after few weeks after changed but d condition is better than d condition before changed.

SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT ONLY...

weitak_83

Known Member
Jan 26, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
try to adjust this thing...FICD something...
there's a alen key screw near the "cut-out" hose...adjust it...

please also make sure your TB is in good condition...

for toyota what is it called aaa ???

a bad compressor also make ur idling bad (during air-cond on)...
please do check all the air-cond fuse too...
how to make sure d TB is in good conditon?

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
The AFM actually is not that easily broke, unless the brush will broken and it scratch the carbon contact. I check mine and is all ok, but if u guys did open the top black plastic cover, better seal it back, because it will bring to air leak. AFM flap will not reading perfectly.

Another if the idle low (my svt idle is 750-770 rpm) when no on the air con, still not good enough. I also suspect the ITB or the throttle cover there is leaking air, so the vacumm from the AFM flap will not able to get full suction. Another suspect is the spark plug. Better use back heat range 6 spark plug.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi gurus of car performance. I would like to seek your advice.

I currently drive a 4g93 N/A and have done the following to it:
1. Top overhaul (e.g. changed piston rings, use metal cylinder head gasket, skimmed cylinder head etc.)
2. Recently converted from auto to manual gear and changed to ultra light flywheel

With the above, the car is certainly driving a lot better. But of course, a car enthusiast's desire for greater speed knows no bounds. Therefore, to enhance torque...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience