WTA:4age 20v svt oil temp

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Hi Guys,

Have anyone here installed a oil temp meter for their 20v svt/blktop?

What's the normal oil temp without cooler? with cooler?

Just to share that mine's 95c driving on highway 5th gear rpm around 5k.
Cold start and drive around 75c.
Stationary 85c.

Can anyone clarify if this is correct?

Last edited:

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
hi olskool,
i am svt block with cooler...
driving style:-
1-constant town driving = 85 - 90 cel.
2-h/way...normally 110 oni = 80 cel
3-idling = 80 cel
4-posessed = up to 130 cel.

maybe diff. coller set produce diff. output.

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Since this is on Oil Temp topic, (off topic a bit) did anyone notice the Oil Pressure too ?

Before and after Oil Cooler installation (on the same car)

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
bout the press.
mine:- temp average 85 cel.
-idling 2bar
-wot 5.6bar using e1 filter

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
hi t-la,

thanks for your input. i guess it's around the same..reason why i asked was because i'm using only an adaptor and the sensor is placed at the adaptor. It's pretty near the extractor and i was thinking that it might effect the numbers.

Are you using a adaptor or relocator?

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
yah...and it looks like the location didnt affect the temp so much..

i am using relocator with the total of 5.5ft stell braid.teflon hose

Last edited:

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
yeap..you're right bro. there were some ppl that said to drill hole at the bottom of the oil sump and place the sensor there but i didn't want to do that since my adaptor came with a hole for the sensor.

i placed my cooler next to a/c fan..directly infront of the condensor. Is your's there too? wanted to place it infront of the a/c fan so that the hose will be shorter and may have lesser drop in pressure but no place la...

my next item is to get a oil press. :biggrin:

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
better use the proper adaptor than drill or mod somewhere.
bout the cooler setup, it quite similar to yours. ive placed my cooler on the right side, need to trimmed inside bumper a bit. that the best way for me to get the shortest hose setup.

next item...
1 still got 1 unit auto-meter oil press 52mm......brand new want to let go cheap.
1 unit grex oil filter adaptor (re-locator only) also want to let got cheap-cheap.

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
bro guess what....i recently bought a digital water temp reader but it didnot come with the sensor. so i bought the sensor from a guy who's selling Auto Guage meters.

Intalled the two and....
Cold start : 90c
City Driving : 130c and above

Sensor placed at the bottom outlet of the radiator using aerospeed t joint for sensor.

Could it be the difference of product that causes different reading? Checked with both sellers and they said shouldn't be. There are such things of different sensors by degrees but not in my case as for cars they usually use one type of sensor. I'm not sure why the reading is so high but my meter in dash always half only...

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
hi olskool,
i am svt block with cooler...
driving style:-
1-constant town driving = 85 - 90 cel.
2-h/way...normally 110 oni = 80 cel
3-idling = 80 cel
4-posessed = up to 130 cel.

maybe diff. coller set produce diff. output.

mine 1 is 4AGE (16V non TVIS block) + HKS GT2530 turbo:
1-constant town driving = 80 - 85 cel.
2-h/way...normally 110 oni = 70 cel
3-idling = 75 cel
4-posessed = up to 110 cel.

As you said... maybe different cooler set produce different output...
Anyway, my cooler got extra fan, HKS oil cooler, Radiator 3 layer aluminum, and Endless 10-40 Oil.. Maybe that cause result different kua...

Last edited:

sache

Known Member
Nov 7, 2006
bro guess what....i recently bought a digital water temp reader but it didnot come with the sensor. so i bought the sensor from a guy who's selling Auto Guage meters.

Intalled the two and....
Cold start : 90c
City Driving : 130c and above

Sensor placed at the bottom outlet of the radiator using aerospeed t joint for sensor.

Could it be the difference of product that causes different reading? Checked with both sellers and they said shouldn't be. There are such things of different sensors by degrees but not in my case as for cars they usually use one type of sensor. I'm not sure why the reading is so high but my meter in dash always half only...
you need to reset the cold start maybe around 15c, or to be precise use those infrared sensor.
all product should come with ANSI or IEEE, i forgot so they will be no problem in mix matching
except setting is the problem.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To celebrate its 40th anniversary, Mazda has released limited units of the Mazda RX-8 Anniversary Edition for Japan.

Despite the same powertrain of the current Mazda RX8 Type S(6MT) and Type E(6AT), this limited edition comes in pearl white. Some additional items like the retro leather stitching on the steering, handbrakes, Bilstein dampers and a foam-filled front...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience