WTA: 4age 20v svt 4 throtle cleaning (help!!!)

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
you can cheat the AFM in order to start the silvertop engine with open throttle. Just use a tape to tape the AFM flap to make it half open then u can start the car without the plenum cover.
hahahaah...never thought of this...

AFM - Air Flow Meter...

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
4-throttle is very sensitive parts. If you send to the mech that don't know anything abt 20V then its the starts of your nightmare man. Send to Ah Choy at Kepong or Ah Ngah at Bdr Tech Kajang for full service. Or you may call Sifu EFN for door step service but need prior appointment.

Now adays no more 100 buck for 4-throttle service lar.. would you like to charge 100 for a 3~5 hrs job? EFN's last offer price was one and only in this world. My mech at Puchong last time charge 280 to take out the whole 4-throttle for truly clean ler (with guarantee satisfaction)...

And remember not only clean the 4-throttle, that ISCV must be clean up as well or you will still have idling problem.

And if someone offer you liquid cleaning w/o taken off the 4-throttle then you have better run as fast as you could.

Good luck buddy!

weitak_83

Known Member
Jan 26, 2005
Cheras
Visit site
4-throttle is very sensitive parts. If you send to the mech that don't know anything abt 20V then its the starts of your nightmare man. Send to Ah Choy at Kepong or Ah Ngah at Bdr Tech Kajang for full service. Or you may call Sifu EFN for door step service but need prior appointment.

Now adays no more 100 buck for 4-throttle service lar.. would you like to charge 100 for a 3~5 hrs job? EFN's last offer price was one and only in this world. My mech at Puchong last time charge 280 to take out the whole 4-throttle for truly clean ler (with guarantee satisfaction)...

And remember not only clean the 4-throttle, that ISCV must be clean up as well or you will still have idling problem.

And if someone offer you liquid cleaning w/o taken off the 4-throttle then you have better run as fast as you could.

Good luck buddy!
my uncle who is a mechanic in a small workshop in tmn. muda, ampang introduced me 2 his friend workshop in tmn. len seng, cheras, where d tools & equipments are available.

d guy charged me rm280 for throttle, manifold & injector liquid cleaning services. he took aobut 90 minutes 2 do so. anyway, he din take out d 4 throttle. d performance n fc got better; extra 50km 4 full tank. however, idling problem n jerking still on.

how 2 solve this problem?

thank 4 replies

t4kak0

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005

Good luck buddy!
puchong which workshop at where?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
my uncle who is a mechanic in a small workshop in tmn. muda, ampang introduced me 2 his friend workshop in tmn. len seng, cheras, where d tools & equipments are available.

d guy charged me rm280 for throttle, manifold & injector liquid cleaning services. he took aobut 90 minutes 2 do so. anyway, he din take out d 4 throttle. d performance n fc got better; extra 50km 4 full tank. however, idling problem n jerking still on.

how 2 solve this problem?

thank 4 replies
Because he didn't clean the ISCV (Idling Speed Control Valve) which your engine need it to breath when you let go the throttle.

Tengku Chinozie,
Do you have the ISCV's photo ka?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
puchong which workshop at where?
The work shop's name is Tai Soon Fatt Auto, same roll with Proton show room that facing IOI mall.
The mech name is Ah Meng, contact 019-3167113.
They use to have many cars que up after 10am. So prior appointment is recomended.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
private tuning...

AE111 Sprinter Trueno
4 throttle adjusting    

recommended to have professional advise

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
everything is there...read it carefully...

ISCV quite easy to clean it...
while ISCV still intact, disconnect 2 hoses that's connected...put a small drinking mineral bottle at the lower hose...then spray with carb cleaner on the top hose...wallaaa...

good luck...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This M 350 was initially due for a 1 step maintenance polish. In the end however, a full correction was ordered. The damages were already minimal in the first place as the owner really has passion in keeping his car immaculate. Anyways, I was called to his place for the crafting.

The car was given a good wash, claying and paint inspection under different lighting to spot damages...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience