VW Golf GTi Mk6

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Still having it, the longer you keep the lower the price woh!.......:smokin::biggrin:

Should have kept for project/weekend car......:biggrin:
Doesn't matter. As long as I am happy driving it. Resale value doesn't really matter. My Sylphy can't drop any lower in price already so minimum loss.

dei...
my altis is still for sale....

:rofl:

and u get an additional RM13k worth of bodykit for free.....
:biggrin:
As much as you keep promoting it, and I did test drive it, I know very well I can't afford to mod a VW so no thanks :thefinger:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so your left leg is pretty much like terminator.. haha
Leg = cybernetic organism :biggrin:
I come from Jakarta with way much more hectic traffic jams than KL/Malaysia, it's rated world's no.1 in traffic stop & go based on some statistic studies in 2014 where KL was not even in the list! I spent about 20 yrs driving manual all the time over there so I'm pretty much used to it already.
Just don't mod the clutch and leave it std/normal, don't make it heavy with all those racing type clutches, then should be fine what.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As much as I'd like to think I can, if I really could I would've bought the new sylphy not a 5 year old one. Or the Camry Hybrid as a family car.

But I can't so I'm stuck with an old boring CVT.

Anyway, we're digressing.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i'd rather choose A45 AMG.. so sexayy..
Over a C63? Really?

ixeo: are you gathering reasons to like or to hate the MK6 GTI ?

Personally, I think the recent Golf GTIs ticks all of the boxes like you said. And yes, on out and out performance, it will lose to the Megane.

But what about 95% of the time?

There's:

• faultless DSG box
  • 200+hp on tap
  • with additional 40-50hp to unleash after ecu flash
  • plenty of engine mod potential
  • plenty of aesthetic mod potential
  • can still be fun at the touge if driven properly
I'm gathering reasons to hate it -- because I like it so much. Or to find another package that comes close to it. I realise that it is going to be a daily driver, but we all would like to have the cake and eat it as well. The closest competitor would be the E90 320d M-Sport.

This is like an acid test, I don't want to buy it and then realise I don't really want to live with it, like izso and his CVT econobox.

A few years ago I had to choose between 3 cars to replace my Satria GTI turbo, those cars were VW Golf GTI Mk6, Renault Sport Megane RS and Honda Civic FD2R. Bought the FD2R since I like manual transmission and it's a 4 door sedan as well. The best part even my parents were happy that I bought a 4 door sedan. Did not want the other 2 cars for these reasons.

VW Golf GTI: Don't like the DSG transmisson, poor after sales service, hard to find spare-parts except basic maintenance parts and poor resale value.

Renault Sport Megane RS: Not a 4 door sedan, hard to maintain, and very bad resale value compared to VW & BMW.

Even though the FD2R got a bumpy ride and noisy during rainy weather due to lack of sound-proofing, I still find the car fun to drive as a daily ride. Wifey, sisters and grandma are okay with the ride except mum & dad. Wife likes the handling.

No complaints on the OEM clutch it's actually soft suitable for daily driving, even my wife likes to drive the FD2R.
If you could live with a manual, and want 4 doors. FD2R is a great practical choice. Focus ST would have service centre & spare part issues as well. I did not consider FD2R because don't want manual, and comfort ranks very highly in my list of priorities.

I personally would still be fine with driving an Evo daily. Already very used to mad traffic jams before where I was still driving manual as well. As I mentioned before, Malaysia traffic jams is like child's play to me. :biggrin:
http://paultan.org/2016/02/17/jeremy-clarkson-manual-gearbox-buyers-are-mad/

Doesn't matter. As long as I am happy driving it. Resale value doesn't really matter. My Sylphy can't drop any lower in price already so minimum loss.

As much as you keep promoting it, and I did test drive it, I know very well I can't afford to mod a VW so no thanks :thefinger:
But the thing is, YOU ARE NOT HAPPY DRIVING IT. Stop lying to yourself that you like to drive the lanjiao.

As much as I'd like to think I can, if I really could I would've bought the new sylphy not a 5 year old one. Or the Camry Hybrid as a family car.

But I can't so I'm stuck with an old boring CVT.

Anyway, we're digressing.
New lanjiao still CVT what. Still boring. Quit lying to yourself, sell that lanjiao and buy the kcng's Altis

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I come from Jakarta with way much more hectic traffic jams than KL/Malaysia, it's rated world's no.1 in traffic stop & go based on some statistic studies in 2014 where KL was not even in the list! I spent about 20 yrs driving manual all the time over there so I'm pretty much used to it already.
Just don't mod the clutch and leave it std/normal, don't make it heavy with all those racing type clutches, then should be fine what.
True, stock clutch are light. Tried before Accord H22A clutch and Hilux VNT clutch.. I expect these high powered cars to have a stiff clutch but it seems that they weight about the same with my 4G15 clutch... But I tried before the clutch on B18C EG hatch and FC3S RX-7... Their clutch feels really heavy to me and I don't think those are suitable for daily drive.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro.. that car is older than my Yamazaki 12 y/o.
The only thing older than the Yamazaki from Japan that I want is the NSX and the R32 GTR. Yes, not Supra, I'd take a NSX anyday over a Supra.
Ya but cheap ma, much cheaper than NSX or R32GTR. :biggrin:
Aside from the age, it meets most of your criteria lor:
- AT
- Relatively fast (faster than GTI) with more potential to go even faster
- Good handling
- Practical 4 door (even more boot space than Golf)
- More reliable than Golf
- Doesn't look bad (loose the rear wing if want less ah beng style).
Only FC is a bit of concern and interior feels cheap, but again cheap car what. :)

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Ya but cheap ma, much cheaper than NSX or R32GTR. :biggrin:
Aside from the age, it meets most of your criteria lor:
- AT
- Relatively fast (faster than GTI) with more potential to go even faster
- Good handling
- Practical 4 door (even more boot space than Golf)
- More reliable than Golf
- Doesn't look bad (loose the rear wing if want less ah beng style).
Only FC is a bit of concern and interior feels cheap, but again cheap car what. :)
FC can be fix by reflashing ecu..

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
True, stock clutch are light. Tried before Accord H22A clutch and Hilux VNT clutch.. I expect these high powered cars to have a stiff clutch but it seems that they weight about the same with my 4G15 clutch... But I tried before the clutch on B18C EG hatch and FC3S RX-7... Their clutch feels really heavy to me and I don't think those are suitable for daily drive.
Very true. I tried the Ferrari F50's clutch before too.....its damn light like stock clutch as well :thefinger:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
New lanjiao still CVT what. Still boring. Quit lying to yourself, sell that lanjiao and buy the kcng's Altis
Niamah... I didn't change to the Sylphilis for driving pleasure. Space and price suited me and my requirements at that time. Just that I made the mistake of selling my Wira, I probably should have kept both.

A relative's.
Holy.... Life is so unfaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Posted this in the 4G93T Club also...really hope somebody can help......

"helo sifu's...I think this is the best place to task a tech question so here goes...can a gsr use E3 intercooler and intercooler pipings?? In heard that the E3 intercooler pipings can be customised to fit the GSR's turbine and intake?? Is it true?? Really interested to change to a bigger intercooler but really can't afford the custom pipings...BTW how much would they cost...I asked Mun Lee and they said about RM...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience