Stoplock

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I still don't really understand how putting STOPLOCK over my steering will protect it.

I think people will be dulan and deflate the tyre and curi the seat :lol:

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
dun have to understand, just use it, becos the research already done by the ang moh!!!
IF u are talking about a totally 100% safe for your car, this one definitely won't happen, they only act as deterrent only ma, longer n bigger steering lock look more troublesome n longer to tackle ma!!

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
mine now im using ABLOY steering lock. about rm140 last time i bought from a friend who works in that company. very good quality, imported product. but if they undo your steering, car still can be stolen kot. <_< but good for road bullies. :lol:

friggles

Feb 10, 2005
Kuching, Sarawa
Hey guys, i've been looking for some good locks for my car. In my opinion, the best is those locks that locks the clutch and brake pedal(Those that doesnt hook up to the steering wheel). Another one i saw was like a steel rod that locks the gear and handbrake in place. Just like putting a steel bar in between the gear and the handbrake(provided your handbrake is just behing your gear, like most proton cars).

Because i've heard from a lot of ppl that locks that locks the steering no use cause it's very easy to saw the steering off. No matter how good the steering lock is, they just need to saw off part of the steering. Unlike the pedal lock, space is limited down there and most of the parts are metal.

My two cents...:)

kinki_kidz®

Known Member
Feb 1, 2004
Visit site

if i were the theif...i will ADD ANOTHER lock there :P

anyways...
any good recommendation...
i got around rm100 left for now only :(
stoplock would be good huh?

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Stoplock doesn't work too well with all aftermarket wheels. Even though it may cover some of the bolts, it is still very loose and can be rotated to reveal all the bolts anyway.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
guys, there's not one security company in the world that can come out and say the car won't be stolen while using their product coz the fact is, you car is not 100% safe. the only way to minimise the risk is by using steering lock, gear lock and pedal lock. i mean if you're an extreme person, u can use all 3 but actually the gear lock and steering lock is good enuff. just as long as the thief can see those locks, he'll be deterred. better still if you got your glass sand blasted, the bigger the better.

now we talk about getting a good steering lock. why should u pay RM250 for STOPLOCK when u can buy a TYPE R or BROTHERS for only RM55? first, the quality of material used. brand x might use a normal mild steel material while STOPLOCK might use a toughened high tensile steel. also, the reliability of the lock comes into picture. this happened to me once. once i parked my car outside my house and i bought this cheapo baseball steering lock. next morning, i use the key to open the lock and to my surprise the key went in, twisted but the freaking lock doesn't disengage itself. spent the next 20 minutes twisting the keys and trying watsoever ways to open the lock but couldn't open. luckily it was outside my house so i took some WD40 spray a bit and tried a few times, finally it opened. immediately threw away that stupid steering lock. lesson learnt, bought a stoplock and i never had such problem anymore.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
saw TV3 Gallery Smart Shop selling one locking the steering wheel with the brake pedal. Looks quite good.

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
Originally posted by BlackSamurai@Feb 14 2005, 01:19
saw TV3 Gallery Smart Shop selling one locking the steering wheel with the brake pedal. Looks quite good.
Hi brother....

Yes correct the one from smart shop rite....
its cut proof, bullet proof.. i dun know true it is...

Im using it currently and Im very very satisfied... I would 101% recommend that to anyone....

Because i know some asshole tried to cut that or break that lock from my car... since i can see a lot of cut marks near my clutch pedal.... but i think they failed...

Trust me this its good shit...
I bought it at Galery Smart Shop and the price is RM230... its worth it.

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
and 1 more thing is that this lock can be used for all cars except Waja Auto..

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Originally posted by 2pac+Feb 14 2005, 23:53 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2pac @ Feb 14 2005, 23:53 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BlackSamurai@Feb 14 2005, 01:19
Hi brother....

Im using it currently and Im very very satisfied... I would 101% recommend that to anyone....

Because i know some asshole tried to cut that or break that lock from my car... since i can see a lot of cut marks near my clutch pedal.... but i think they failed...

I bought it at Galery Smart Shop and the price is RM230... its worth it. [/b][/quote]
cut proof n bullet proof?

let's say the key lost alr n no spare keys then how??? :o

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
Originally posted by kher+Feb 15 2005, 01:02 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kher @ Feb 15 2005, 01:02 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 2pac@Feb 14 2005, 23:53
<!--QuoteBegin-BlackSamurai
@Feb 14 2005, 01:19
saw TV3 Gallery Smart Shop selling one locking the steering wheel with the brake pedal.  Looks quite good.

Hi brother....

I bought it at Galery Smart Shop and the price is RM230... its worth it.
cut proof n bullet proof?

let's say the key lost alr n no spare keys then how??? :o [/b][/quote]
Lost all the keys ah... :o .... It comes with 3 keys...

But there is a number on the key, which needs to be kept incase if u loose all the keys, u can request from the manufacturer... thats what being to to me... and its from U.S.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

do we really need to flush our car for the frist 20000km???some said it is unneccesary but some said it's a must...also if i'm flushign my trans, how many litre do i need if the manual says it need 7.7L???!?!
anyway what other things should be replaced at the first 20000km service?sparks plugs??
thanks a lot in advanced la sifuss....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience