Stoplock

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I'm looking for a a steering lock. Any recommendation?

I notice only Stoplock giving 2 years warranty.
And other brands seem cheap to me, like copykat design from smartshop with brands like Brother, Type-R, FormulaOne, etc. <_<

Getz

Known Member
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
Autolock from smartshop. Very good. Lock pedal (got design for manual or auto), compared to stoplock which lock the steering wheel. Not cheap tough. Prepare RM 250.

mizerZ

2,000 RPM
Sep 14, 2004
subang
www.pro-hatch.net
hhmmm opt for a better alarm or captor.......i use normal steering lock only...get free when bought the car... :)

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Actually, if you are using aftermarket sports steering, Stoplock is the best because it cover the 6 bolts on the steering itself.

Same goes for OEM steering... especially Mitsubishi / Proton where you can remove the front cover by removing 2 bolts behind the steering itself. From there, a quick twist with a cross type wrench will remove the entire steering assembly.

Those el-cheapo pedal to steering lock is useless especially if you have aftermarket steering. Thieves just need to remove the 6 bolts to remove the entire steering lock.

The best combo would be... Stoplock + gear lock (make sure it uses the chassis as mounting point).

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Actually I see STOPLOCK just like a bar thing across the steering, how is it going to stop the theif from stealing the car?

jdj6632

Known Member
Jul 4, 2004
i found tat stoplock in the "head" part is made of plastic. The metal frame under the plastic part, looks not tat tough to me.

n the price kinda heavy to me, i found a stop lock in carrefour, rm36. design is like a L shape lock tat rest on top the meter dashboard n covers until the middle part of the steering.

quality is like china cheapo, but whole things is metal. looks tough to me

just to share :D

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Guys,

No matter which lock you buy, make sure it covers the front steering bolts (for those with after market steering) and cover (for those with OEM steering). Otherwise, it is useless!

Stoplock is made from tough ABS plastic... tough to crack even with a sledge hammer.

Anyone has a spare Stoplock? I want run it over with a 3000kg 4x4 truck... :P

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Originally posted by BlackSamurai@Feb 1 2005, 17:39
:ph34r: Ultimate Locking System :ph34r:

hahaha, kacau sikit
:P
Hahahaha!

Thieves will cut the railings instead... :P

Allantansc

Dec 29, 2004
can try Yale - steering lock. can use to lock the gear and handbrake as well. it cost about RM169
quite durable. of course STOPLOCK can lock ur steering safer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all zth member...just wanna ask sifu2 what is the diffrence between evo3 and standart gti gearbox..:stupid:.since in driving with my stock gti engine,some suggest me to upgrade to evo3 that has been lock for my gti use can feel the car will feel more lighter than using standart gearbox..is that true??:driver:thanksssssss...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience