Shell Flushing Oil

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Anybody got use this item before??
today i used this thing,thought can remove engine sludge but like not working...
i used it on toyota liteace van,the engine dark brown color when i open the oil cap..
anybody pls give me suggestion which oil flushing should i use?

Attachments

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
what is it?flushing engine oil?
yeah bro....engine flushing oil from shell..
today i use this thing,,not really can clean the sludge...works for flushing old engine oil only..
any suggestion how to clean the engine head without top overhaul??

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I used to use Wynn's Super Engine Flush which works ok to maintain cleanliness if no hardened sludge yet. But if already got hard sludge then it's difficult. May try DCS product for but I don't think it can clean much too. You may need to do several rounds of flushing.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
ngam..it may problem later if flushing engine too often...better good take care ur car is service on time 5000 km...the sludge dirty will drop by self...it happen coz u long time only service for some ppl service only at 10k km it very dirty.
good maintenance on time wont give u problem on future..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you have the budget, consider buying Royal Purple to flush. Use the RP oil for about 1000km then swap it out with your own choice of oil. But if you've been using mineral oil for a long time, prepare for oil seal leaks. RP detergents is pretty aggressive

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
yes, i also read that RP is damn good for cleaning. but it may clear up the sludge and cause leakages. so if u r using RP, its good but must be prepared to seal the leakages.

dareMAX

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
RAMD
I use this before, it is very strong. It flushed all your leakage, what happen after I flush? White smoke.. Advise from Spoon guru, better don't flush your engine.

wafuk

May 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
if i read correctly, oil flushing is only needed when changing between "fully synthetic" oil and "semi-synthetic" @ mineral oil. This is due to fully syn oil composition which is purely chemical base and does not react nicely with the other type of oil (semi-syn and mineral).

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
if i read correctly, oil flushing is only needed when changing between "fully synthetic" oil and "semi-synthetic" @ mineral oil. This is due to fully syn oil composition which is purely chemical base and does not react nicely with the other type of oil (semi-syn and mineral).
is this true? because i'm gonna change from semi to fully in my next service.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Erm.. I'm not sure about the chemistry part but I've never had issues with swapping between semi and fully syn. It was mineral that screwed me up initially because of the deposits that were cleared off that caused major leakages.

From my own understanding, we flush to remove deposits, sludge and whatever that's not supposed to be in the engine. Sludge deposits can and will clog your oil pump / sump / filter and probably do a lot of damage.

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Never saw any engine flush using oil....my old datsun 120y use cap ayam brand engine flush also okey...dont remember what brand....go to sparepart kedai and ask for engine flush fluid....read the instruction....pour in....run for 100km or as recomended and flush out......yes....dont do it frequently or you will have valve or seal leakage......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Going to get a mini soon..

Please give me some suggestion if getting a manual or auto transmission better as im ok with both. As it is a classic, will auto bring more problems?

I'm from JB..

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience