engine flushing

eddie368

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
I m driving wira 1.5 injection . 5 year old car mileage around 100k
lately my car feeling underpower. wat is the use of engine flushing?
Is it good for engine flush? wat brand of engine flush ? shell engine flush ok?
how much for cleaning injector? tq

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
bro i donno wats the problem of ur car. but hope sum of these tips will help.. engine flush is just to clean carbons n sludge in ur engine.. if ur engine oil is sludgy (jelly) it will help to break it into liquid form thats y engine flush smells like thinner o spirit.. if u service ur car regularly then u dun need them.. if u really want to clean ur head take it took n clean it (top overhaul)... im not telling this flush is not good but it doesnt really do the job like u clean it manually... another thing its better to take off ur injector n send them 4 balancing cleaning instead of pouring those fuel injector cleaner into ur fuel tank... once again it might help but it doesnt really do the job as the balancing... how would v even c if the injector has been clean o not after using the injector cleaner (hope u und wat im trying to say here).. can u define more wats the problem wit ur engine... jerking, misfiring n etc... thanx

eddie368

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
tq for d info bro.. so flushing is not nescessary? lately feeling the car no power
expecially climbing hill.

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
yeah, if u change ur oil regularly dont need it... how long since u change ur clutch n pressure plate? i suspect thats the cost... since u said its hard to climb hill lately...

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
There is hardly any need for engine flushing if oil change interval is kept at strictly 5000 km. If flushing is at all needed it is with the purpose of getting rid of sludge and combustion waste. Tufoil inventor Mr. Reick has likened the engine to a "chemical sewer" - you know what a sewer is.

The problem is that after flushing the internal parts and bearings become " gersang" - dry like bone, think of old zinc roofs. Surface friction tends to increase and you are likely to get increased wear. The addition of Tufoil helps to restore the lost sheen and boundary oil film. This kind of film takes a long time to form. Out goes the sludge and also this valuable surface film during flushing. In an opened engine, this film is like the colour of honey or shellac.

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
flushing oil is give u new oil more clean only....
bcs soem tiem after servis u put in new oil but the colour not look like 100% new marr...i talk talk only ok...dont shoot me..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
okay..let hear my litle story

okay..i know flushing is not rekomened to old engine...

my dad old toyota crown 3.0 engine got white smoke oledi..then maybe the engine internal part too dirty..so clodged oledi..engine underpower n lot of white smoke...mech said the valves for one piston is not functioning...

either overhaul or change engine only the solution..

okay...so my dad was juz try his luck....add one can engine flush and change engine oil..use sae30 motor oil....problem solved man.....SOLVED!!!

but after 3months like tat..then comes again the problem...so flush it again...n solved again..hehe

so....i believe engine flush got pros n cons...

my 2 cents

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Guys..

Just want to get views from experts here.

Anyone here ever buy/import any headlights or tail lights from USA? Is the power cable and socket is the same and compatible to Malaysian car?

Or anyone here has any car made in USA? Have you ever bought any headlights or tail lights made in Malaysia?

Just want confirmation, because I plan to buy a pair of tail lights from USA, good price and quite attractive. But some say the power socket or cable for the tail lights...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience