Saga BLM Braking Power

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually if you compare disc brakes and drum brakes, drum brakes have more contact surface and bites better then disc, but because drum brakes are enclosed they heat up fast and braking power fades. Brake dust also accumulate inside.
Disc brakes however are open and cools faster. Those ventilated ones have groove in between for even better cooling, therefore overall Disc performs better.
If you can brake to lock and your car skids then you need better tyres.....

They might just clean the inside, sand down you brake shoes and then fit back.....:rolleyes:
Silverstone that time was terrible, even my sister drive also say skid a little and got screeching
sound when cornering...so XM2 better not too bad..but still not good enough in terms
of grip. Daily use okay la...:listen:

No wonder always got sound la...Celaka betul...but if the replace the drums should be able
to see is new like my new disc right?

My brake disc the change for me adi...thought sound settle...then still same...that time
do major service.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, of course the XM2 are better then the Silverstone....

Oh! you want them to change the whole drum, I thought only the drum brakes shoes.....:rofl:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Silverstone that time was terrible, even my sister drive also say skid a little and got screeching
sound when cornering...so XM2 better not too bad..but still not good enough in terms
of grip. Daily use okay la...:listen:

No wonder always got sound la...Celaka betul...but if the replace the drums should be able
to see is new like my new disc right?

My brake disc the change for me adi...thought sound settle...then still same...that time
do major service.
Note that is recommended to resurface or skim the surface for the new pad, bcos diff pad diff contact surface, the sound may came from the new pad touching the edge of the old surface creating unwanted sound.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Note that is recommended to resurface or skim the surface for the new pad, bcos diff pad diff contact surface, the sound may came from the new pad touching the edge of the old surface creating unwanted sound.
Thanks for the note bro, even before and after change already got sound...so that's what the exec
in proton told me that might cuz the drums got brake dust gather inside adi...

So, since i came and complain that more than 3 times, they only decided to change the disc...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the note bro, even before and after change already got sound...so that's what the exec
in proton told me that might cuz the drums got brake dust gather inside adi...

So, since i came and complain that more than 3 times, they only decided to change the disc...
They mention drum got dust but they change the disc??:confused:

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
Yes, General CT works from cold, but not Metal King, which needs about 1 to 2 km of drive before getting better bite.
Just changed to General CT.

But the 1st braking power still like not much feeling. Mayb need to bedding in?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
EBC Green stuff :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just changed to General CT.

But the 1st braking power still like not much feeling. Mayb need to bedding in?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
The Bendix General CT came with Titanium stripe, right? The stripe aids in bedding and you can feel it immediately. If not, something else seems wrong with your brakes.....

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Not interest to try any more brake pad!!!

Kinda waste money & time to those stupid stuff.
The EBC Green stuff are around RM350 per set......:banghead:

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
The Bendix General CT came with Titanium stripe, right? The stripe aids in bedding and you can feel it immediately. If not, something else seems wrong with your brakes.....
Yes, it does come with the Black & Silver surface.

:mad::mad:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If its jammed it will stick to the disc rite?

But then when i brake hard to steering never pull to any side.
Yes, normally if the brake piston pot jam, it does not return causing the pads to stick to the disc.
I am just wondering if it is jam that it does not comes out fully. I cannot comment more without testing it out myself.....:smokin:

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
Yes, normally if the brake piston pot jam, it does not return causing the pads to stick to the disc.
I am just wondering if it is jam that it does not comes out fully. I cannot comment more without testing it out myself.....:smokin:
Do u have any nice foreman to recommend?

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
"Nice" ha! ha! Do you mean "Good"?
Where do you stay as my mechanic is in Puchong. If okay, I can pm you his address and contact....
I stay at Puchong as well. Mind to PM me his details?

Will ur foreman at Puchong Utama? :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.....Anyone heard abt such device? :retarded: Can share experience?

Planning to do some rust prevention to prolong car's life.

http://www.crownmotors.com.sg/rustcontrol.htm
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience