Saga BLM Braking Power

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
Check the master pump.the master pump cant hold the pressure that why when u brake the pedal will slowly drop to the floor
Not to say the pedal slowly drop to the floor. Is just that when floor the pedal the braking power like not much feel on it.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
I own a Saga BLM as well. The brake is not so strong like other cars so you will have to brake earlier to stop properly. Also hard braking is useless so try downshifting to help you stop

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
I own a Saga BLM as well. The brake is not so strong like other cars so you will have to brake earlier to stop properly. Also hard braking is useless so try downshifting to help you stop
Yes bro, I did downshift to slow down the car. As now the brake power is more worst really hope to get improve it!

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Steel braided hose? Does it really help?

Need week will need to drive to genting. So might need solve it faster too.

Help help help~~~
steel braided brake hose help my olskool car to haf a better braking feel.
but i tink the price now is a bit too steep..

i tink u shud really consider do brake flushing 1st.

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
steel braided brake hose help my olskool car to haf a better braking feel.
but i tink the price now is a bit too steep..

i tink u shud really consider do brake flushing 1st.
Brake flushing does help?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
But after the 3rd service I have sent the car service outside due to company issue. Do u think still can get free?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

How long does the pad n disc need bedding in?

go to the sc when u r due for servicing, usually they allow warranty claim with one condition...u do 1 major service there...then u r back on track...give them strong reasons for not servicing yr car at proton....

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
go to the sc when u r due for servicing, usually they allow warranty claim with one condition...u do 1 major service there...then u r back on track...give them strong reasons for not servicing yr car at proton....
Bit then next week I gonna use tis car to genting. Urge on tis matter :(

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
just some pointers for you koh.

1. Try changing back to stock pads and see how the brakes perform...if still very worst then proceed to no.2 diagnostic method.

2. open your bonnet and have a friend to press the brake pedal firmly and hold it...then you check the master cylinder area to check for leaks, also the brake caliper are and the rear drum cylinder area . If there's no leak but the brake pedal is still sinking down it could be your master cylinder internal O-rings are leaking brake pressure.

Refer to below diagram

ABitNuts

Oct 26, 2012
Selangor
www.abitnuts.com
My Myvi had a rather similar problem, when initial press of brake there is slight bite but it is not continuously biting. When the brake pedal almost reach floor will have additional bite usually causing the car to jump over a bump as I was unable to accurately control the braking speed. good thing my foreman is experienced. Found out it was due to master pump.

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
My Myvi had a rather similar problem, when initial press of brake there is slight bite but it is not continuously biting. When the brake pedal almost reach floor will have additional bite usually causing the car to jump over a bump as I was unable to accurately control the braking speed. good thing my foreman is experienced. Found out it was due to master pump.
How to justify the master pump is giving problem?

jaesern

Dec 27, 2006
slightly out of topic, what tire are you currently using? size?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro and sifu,
i currently driving mivec-md and i feel like underpower...so i plan to modify but i dun know what to modify...plz help me....i feel like changing the enjine but to costly....plz help me all the sifu out there....thx:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience