Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
actually, both engine was invented for different purposes..

Diesel - being the torque-est of them both.. was invented to carry heavy weight.. can't rev as much as petrol.. thus, lower horsepower rating.. perfect for truck, lorry, and above..

Petrol - being the most horse-powerful engine.. was invented to carry light weight.. can't beat the torque of a diesel with same displacement.. thus, perfect for passenger car..

so, my conclusion is :

if u carry lots n lots of weight, get a diesel engine.. this is the cheaper choice for u..

if u carry passenger & stuff, get a petrol engine.. this is the cheaper choice for u..

hope this help :biggrin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
actually, both engine was invented for different purposes..

Diesel - being the torque-est of them both.. was invented to carry heavy weight.. can't rev as much as petrol.. thus, lower horsepower rating.. perfect for truck, lorry, and above..

Petrol - being the most horse-powerful engine.. was invented to carry light weight.. can't beat the torque of a diesel with same displacement.. thus, perfect for passenger car..

so, my conclusion is :

if u carry lots n lots of weight, get a diesel engine.. this is the cheaper choice for u..

if u carry passenger & stuff, get a petrol engine.. this is the cheaper choice for u..

hope this help :biggrin:
I don't really agree on this. If this were the case now, BMWs, Mercs and various other makers wouldn't be churning out diesel powered saloons and hatchbacks for the market. These type of cars are not made for load carrying.

The fact is, current diesel technology has made diesel engine a viable option next to petrol engine, in pretty much every category (except maybe, performance, for now.....although Audi did win Le Mans with a diesel)

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
I don't really agree on this. If this were the case now, BMWs, Mercs and various other makers wouldn't be churning out diesel powered saloons and hatchbacks for the market. These type of cars are not made for load carrying.

The fact is, current diesel technology has made diesel engine a viable option next to petrol engine, in pretty much every category (except maybe, performance, for now.....although Audi did win Le Mans with a diesel)
yup.. with new development of technology, the line between those 2 engine has blurred..

same case with cellphone & computer.. they're both was design to do different things.. but now both also can do d same task :biggrin:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
yup.. with new development of technology, the line between those 2 engine has blurred..

same case with cellphone & computer.. they're both was design to do different things.. but now both also can do d same task :biggrin:
**will wait n see which survives...*

..goodbye to the PC. the end is neigh...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
...or budget for that matter....

if money no object, would've gone for Peugeot 508 GT.... looks nice...big bodied sedan wif a 2.2liter turbo diesel huhuhu

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
...or budget for that matter....

if money no object, would've gone for Peugeot 508 GT.... looks nice...big bodied sedan wif a 2.2liter turbo diesel huhuhu
Look very high class indeed...love the 508 too! :love:

rear view got a bit bentley feel :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
P.S - well, argue all u want. Look at the numbers on the votes. As at Sunday 25 Nov it's Petrol 44 vs Diesel 85.
This I have to disagree. Votes are merely a popularity contest, which does not reflect the truth or facts.

Look at our current government. They have the votes. Are they doing a good job? LOL.

cabutz.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thread is re-opened for discussion. No more personal insults and off topic will be tolerated further. You have been warned. Troublemakers will have their post deleted and ban. Thank you

Reason for thread re-open is because there have been request and the useful information provided by all that will be useful to everyone.

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thread back online for discussion. Please read above warning

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Finally the interesting and fun to discuss thread is re-open again. TTIF! Thanks TitanRev is Friday..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Thanx TitanRev for re-opening this thread :biggrin:

i'm just wondering.. how much RM per KM for diesel?

my KE70 NGV around 6 cents per km..

:biggrin:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You guys go ahead with the petrol-diesel discussion...

I think today is my last day here...

Goodbye and sincere apologies to all whom i called names or whatsover!

Take care!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You guys go ahead with the petrol-diesel discussion...

I think today is my last day here...

Goodbye and sincere apologies to all whom i called names or whatsover!

Take care!
Gonna miss you bro...take care...:bawling:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Diesel...nuff said....I have had 2 diesel pickups...Storm stolen and the current Frontier as workhorse and heavy duty work....1 full tank I can go like 600+ km...my truck is running an aftermarket air filter with a custom full exhaust and boosting 1 bar, I change the shocks to Gabriel Ultra stiffer rating....current mileage is 167,210km...never did any major service or break down...

Normal service only cost me around 150 for engine oil and oil filter...major service including rear diff oil, trans oil and the transfer case oil...less than 400....fan belt, alternator belt, less than 100 can get...running on timing chain so no timing belt to change....fuel filter only change once...IIRC the price was a bit more expensive compare to cars forget how much was it...fuel injector service once (cleaning),

Tires, I change to 245/60 cost about 300/pcs...It's Yokohama Geolander HTS...

From my own personal experience of owing it for more than 5 years now...I have never ever been failed by this truck SERIOUSLY...the power, torque and responsiveness of the engine is something you couldn't get from a normal petrol engine...i go up mountain down the sea with this car during my period of owning it...the most I like is going up hill roads, Fraser, Genting, Cameron...no need turn off AC just whack all the way up...all the petrol cars really no match and have no choice but to give way....except those high power ones la...Hahahaha....The best part, I've hauled several times 600kg (1 pallet of goods) to KLIA and sometimes Port Klang and can't find any sign of underpower....If you ask me, do I spend a lot to maintain it...NO...it's just like owning a petrol car...does it break down a lot.....er...it never break down....diesel engines are very tough you know..especially the engine block because they are built tough to withstand the super high compression of diesel engine..16.5:1...

Now I drive petrol car and diesel also...I'm having a 2.4L petrol car...and still I complain that it feels less punchy than a diesel....I've been to Europe for a lot of times and you will know why over there their sales of Diesel car is way better than petrol....and they seems not too fond about Hybrids....Diesel technology these days are moving very fast ahead.....is just that Malaysia still can't get into the trend...just look at the Ford Focus Diesel....partly also due to the diesel fuel here...

Hope this info is helpful to any interested future diesel owner....
Sorry for bringing up this topic suddenly, I just read the thread. I do not know what's happening but just wanna comment on this post.

I used to drive the Frontier along the Karak highway, good diesel pick up. I normally floor it at one particular stretch on the Karak Highway, going back to KL, after you pass a toll house there's a very steep incline just ahead. So I'll just floor the pedal, 1st 2nd 3rd gear to the max but the car runs out of puff when it reaches 4th gear. No matter what it doesn't get above 80 (I THINK)

The main problem i think with diesel cars are their very short gear ratios..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Quicksilver, yours AT or MT?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Thanx TitanRev for re-opening this thread :biggrin:

i'm just wondering.. how much RM per KM for diesel?

my KE70 NGV around 6 cents per km..

:biggrin:
Depends what engine & car, and how its driven. The biggest contributor to FC is the right foot..

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
I would be interested to know the FC difference between a petrol and a diesel powered vehicle especially those who use 4WD vehicles as their daily commute. To make it more interesting, the vehicles are daily driven in KL. From home to office (assuming its point A to point B, without taking any short cuts in between, following the speed limit or slightly below that and include slow moving or getting stuck in traffic)

How much can a full tank tahan in terms of weeks or days and how frequent you fill up petrol?

Anyway, do pardon my ignorance if I may use the wrong term and detail for comparison purposes. Feel free to correct me on this.

A Post Every 5 Mins

need to know where u sifu put the ballast on the jazz ?

must you drill hole ? sayang lah... under hood got no place to put!

also, can the ballast touch water ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience