Increase stopping power. Viva

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ur basically using some cheapo pads la.... one of the main reasons ur having problems with genting. cant hold high temps.

FYI, my ex kelisa auto i had rapidstop 550c pads with stock rotors (solid, non-ventilated rotors). came down genting and it was horrendous... and i wasnt even speeding.... almost hit the back of an R34 coz of massive brake fade....after coming down oso the pads were squealing all the way back to subang... i had to tap on the brakes to silence it every now n then...

the next day oso same shit.. brakes were utter shit... so on the spot i decided to get THIS SPORTS TYPE PACKAGE n paired with pro rs hoses... huge improvement i tell u... and i mean HUGE! yes its expensive, but back then there wasnt much choices or PnP choices like there are now... plus all the parts were brand new :D and genting was such an improvement.. even with the maxtech pads, brake fade although still present, was significantly reduced.

so imho, if u wanna be able to maintain 14" wheels, the myvi brake setup would be better as u would have more choices of pads and rotors compared to a passo wan...u wan even more choices? get Honda B16A brakes.. can still fit a number of 14" wheels....

the RM500 wan u saw is the H22A brakes...but if u get the H22A brakes... later on when u bekside itchy, u can fit 4pot calipers on those rotors hehehehehehe

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
later on when u bekside itchy, u can fit 4pot calipers on those rotors hehehehehehe
I like this statement.. it's never ending for modding.. well as what the other bro says.. try the myvi brakes upgrade if you think it's necessary, else just do the basic like changing of brake pads and the rotor will do.. still not enough, you can try playing with brake servo... :listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

isn't it great for us to share whatever car manuals that we have for the benefit of all our members!! i'll start the ball rolling by giving out softcopy of 4G9x manual. download it here --> http://www.mivec.co.nz/tech/4G9x_Engine_Manual.pdf

cheers
kk
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience