Custom vented hood for more cooling ?

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
You should be able to guestimate the weight of your stock hood bro. But from what I remember it was light as heck.

I rarely ever layan people who flash me. 7 out of 10 times they are young kids with wannabe cars, 2 out of 10 times they are genuine crazy ass modded cars that just want to test and 1 out of 10 times they just need to rush to the nearest toilet and want you out of the way.
wonder which driving school they went to... that taught idiots driving rules that flash others to give way for you to drive above speed limit...

then, we see some camera flash... "oh shit... i'm going to die if my father knows i'm speeding and get the ticket!!!" LoL...

• Haha
Reactions: Izso
Feb 2, 2023
Hello Ken,

It's not uncommon for turbocharged engines to experience a slight increase in water temperature under heavy loads and high temperatures. Your first mechanic's explanation of the behavior being normal due to the engine design and weather conditions seems reasonable.

Venting the hood and side fenders can help release hot air more quickly and reduce engine temperature, but it may not solve the issue completely. If you're still concerned, installing a low temperature thermostat could help regulate the engine's temperature and provide additional peace of mind.

It's always a good idea to seek out multiple opinions and explore different solutions to ensure you're making the best decision for your car and your driving style.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hello Ken,

It's not uncommon for turbocharged engines to experience a slight increase in water temperature under heavy loads and high temperatures. Your first mechanic's explanation of the behavior being normal due to the engine design and weather conditions seems reasonable.

Venting the hood and side fenders can help release hot air more quickly and reduce engine temperature, but it may not solve the issue completely. If you're still concerned, installing a low temperature thermostat could help regulate the engine's temperature and provide additional peace of mind.

It's always a good idea to seek out multiple opinions and explore different solutions to ensure you're making the best decision for your car and your driving style.

Hello Meyer,

Thanks for replying to a thread that was like 4 years old thread. I already solved the engine bay heat issues with below:
1.) NTCL Low Temp Thermostat - 68 Celsius
2.) Custom shroud with Mini Cooper 2.0 Turbo High Speed Fan
3.) BMW E46 M3 2 layer Forged Racing Aluminum Radiator

For short distance driving, i won't see the temp gauge past through 70 degree as the Thermo stat open so early. When driving fast, the temp controlled in 95 degree nicely and will cool down fast. Been running like this since 2019 till now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

RAINAWAY” is a trade mark registered products; “RAINAWAY” products offer you highest quality nanotechnology products and are an alternative solution to enhance the performance of your products by sophisticated technology.

For the past decade, we proud to claim ourselves as a pioneer in providing a nanotechnology protection glass coating system and nano titanium photo-catalyst coating in car care, auto motive and building/construction industries.

The nanotechnology...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience