how to make the front hood come up a bit?

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
Dear All,i wanna ask how do i make my front hood up a bit so that the heat can come out faster,i heard have to add screw and nuts is it?is there anyplace where i can do it?coz if the hood is a bit higher then water might go in to the engine compartment.any idea?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Dear All,i wanna ask how do i make my front hood up a bit so that the heat can come out faster,i heard have to add screw and nuts is it?is there anyplace where i can do it?coz if the hood is a bit higher then water might go in to the engine compartment.any idea?
Never heard of such mods before wor bro sorry...but I think just better get Vented Hood? :hmmmm:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yup...add spring washers...up to u ....im using 4 of them....but for perdana,
need to cut the edges abit..if not it will press against the windscreen & crack...
so becareful when u open yr hood.....ensure to check the edges......

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
how i wish i can change to vented design,but expensive and is fiber,so i thought use back my ori hood but put it high a bit to allow the heat go out from the engine,i saw alot of wira doing it but hardly see persona or gen 2 do,where can i get the screw and nuts or washer danzeterna?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
how i wish i can change to vented design,but expensive and is fiber,so i thought use back my ori hood but put it high a bit to allow the heat go out from the engine,i saw alot of wira doing it but hardly see persona or gen 2 do,where can i get the screw and nuts or washer danzeterna?
open up your bonnet...
u'll see 2pcs of screw holding your bonnet at a pivot on left and right side....remove those screw..replace with longer screw....place a few washer or nut between the pivot plate and your bonnet using that long screw to hold it together....then check for the gap/clearance etc etc... :itsme:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u use back the original screws or either use longer screws.....both u could get it from hardware shop......but make sure it will fit the screws...dont get too small, bigger is ok....
becareful not to use those long screws, cos if u screw it too hard, it will make a dent on your bonnet....so make sure u be careful....im using original screws, no prob.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
ppl usually do that cuz the engine head is protruding too high for the ori hood to close...

ie: proton wira/satria/putra with E1,2,3 engine

better use longer bolts if u wanna do this, in the event of a frontal collision, will dismount ur hood like a flying pringle

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

and when it rains, windscreen cold + engine heat escaping = easier to crack under long periods. i used to do it...(for fun) but end up closing it back =P

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
just curious, will "they" kacau on this modification? anyone kantoi before?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
no probs...most likely if they see an intercooler parading from the front from a proton they will ask u to pop it and show the grant

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
normally wira owners wid evo 1-3 engine need to lift the hood cos the timing belt cover is abit high so cant close the bonnet...now they ketuk the bonnet so will have a little hump on the bonet....

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
i ask my colleague to help me do 2moro guys,he's quite good in diy,he say need to check my hood screw 1st,if enough long then no need,just add washer,if not then have to buy screw and washer,by the way does it really help to cool down the engine and let the heat escape from there?after that i also have to worry the water might go in,but my colleague say wont go in 1 as long as dun lift the bonet too high,is it true?

and when it rains, windscreen cold + engine heat escaping = easier to crack under long periods. i used to do it...(for fun) but end up closing it back =P ( bro danz u got kena b4 this problem? )

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
the real reason to do this, is to have cooler engine bay by 1-2 degrees celcius drop, which is good when your engine is moving below 60kmh. this is done by japanese drifter. however it has a fatal chance that the bonnet hood will smash into you A pillars or you windscreen which is hazardous if u encounter a frontal colision.

Dec 27, 2009
Kemaman
no probs...most likely if they see an intercooler parading from the front from a proton they will ask u to pop it and show the grant

hi, & salam...
i'm new in here... altho had been observing 4 quite a while..

out of curiosity about the FMIC attracting uniformed authorities..
reason:??
a- conversion from N.A. engine to turbo version
b- relocation of intercooler from top-mount to front (for orig turbo-spec engine)
c- all of the above

i'm asking , coz, I have a wish to instal a front i-cooler for when i convert/upgrade my N.A. Dai-Mira (orig) to turbo (while maintaining cc @ 660mL)
Do i need grant too for my case..

tq for any explanation..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey Guys,

As per the title. What are these new generation of Peugeots, Renaults, Citreons & Fiats like to live with in Malaysia? Anyone have any personal experience with a new gen frenchie/italian in Malaysia? Its always intriguing to me that these niche brands in Malaysia consistently pop-up in top car awards in Europe but are hardly acknowledged here.

With the prices they're going for these days in Malaysia, hard to deny how tempting it is to wanna take the leap and pickup a new 308 or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience