Raised Hood..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Erm.. I have a setup which have similar effect of raised hood but no hood is raised?

Confused? Lemme explain w/o pic.... I'll try to find pic later

On a car.. well at least in a kancil, there's rubber strip attached to where inlet for aircon 'fresh mode' is... it kinda seals the bonnet...

erm... try looking at pic below.. sorry ultraracing.com.my... borrow ur pic for a while since I can't access my photobucket account from my office (blocked for no particular reason)

Noticed there a black rubber strip above the ultra racing bar... well you can remove it.. it uses clip so it won't be that hard... or you can see my zth garage and look under the Modification > Engine and Performance and there's a pic of my modest engine bay.... you can see the strip are missing on top of the blue zenden bar

When my radiator fan blew, you can felt the hot air coming out... hence rather foggy below the wipers... and it helps me noticed that my radiator cap weren't put back once.... rather embarrasing haha :rofl:

The amount of air coming out maybe not that many compared to raised hood but it's discreet at allows air to flow out.. some of it

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Thanks for the detail explanation bro Pomen, but will it have problems as mentioned by Bro Joeker?
Like during car wash, will have any problems when they sprayed water inside? through the space of the lifted hood?

well that also depends on how much it was lifted....from raw view if less than 1/2inch then it shouldn't be a problem because the hood got border bone that act like blocking/maze that didn't allow water directly hit to critical part...(and if only the car washer guy didn't purposely try his best to put water through the gap) :biggrin:

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Every engine can be came contact with water and operate with no problem..... only the intake,ignition system can't be come contact with water....

But many modern engine have direct ignition coil for each cylinder hidden under a cover so even the engine get sprayed by water directly also won't be a problem.....see there are Caldina,Subaru.etc have scoop for intercooler? if air can get in,water can get in also,why does the engine can still operate without a problem? because the crucial component are stay dry......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Every engine can be came contact with water and operate with no problem..... only the intake,ignition system can't be come contact with water....

But many modern engine have direct ignition coil for each cylinder hidden under a cover so even the engine get sprayed by water directly also won't be a problem.....see there are Caldina,Subaru.etc have scoop for intercooler? if air can get in,water can get in also,why does the engine can still operate without a problem? because the crucial component are stay dry......
That's true but I'd have to say the exhaust manifold shouldn't be exposed to water during operation either.. hot + cold = warp = shorter lifespan / cracking

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
hi, most of u using nut or washer? previously done on my wira with washer. its spring washer that time, not sure if u guys using the same as well. the result, i think its like not so balance of 1 side is slightly higher than the opposite. that time used 2 spring washer each side to achieve the ricer look.

when raised, the alarm contact point didnt touch with the bonnet, so i've sticked some thick paper there.

and unfortunately, involved in accident T.T the bonnet went V

again, if im being asked whether got any effect, i would say yes! cosmetic effect hehehe

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
i assume u have those electronic or maybe highly sensative/accurate gauge or device ?

done it like 5 years ago,on my stocko wira.

but somehow after reading this thread, felt like raising it again and try to experience the changes

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
back on the items used, nut or washer or spring washer?
U need nut that act like a washer. Thats mean d nut is 1 size bigger than ur screw..

U also can put washer if u like.. But u need lots of it

Or u can put a few washer & a few nut :wink:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Passat CC Coupe is a very cool car, but it's a pity it can only seat 2 people at the back. Is there any way to remove the rear centre console?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience