Custom vented hood for more cooling ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
usually if the vent location is directly under sensitive item like coil plug and such, there is some blocking panel to avoid water dropping directly onto that...

on my scooby it just falls through the chassis rail... so no problem let it vent directly open
Yours custom made by yourself.......lol

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Necro this thread.

Between both below

-cf / fiberglass hood with vents
-custom stock metal hood with vents

would it make a difference for the heat? im thinking cf / fiberglass would be better

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Necro this thread.

Between both below

would it make a difference for the heat? im thinking cf / fiberglass would be better
Probably not, but for weight difference, then yes.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Necro this thread.

Between both below

Depends on where you put the vents. If you put them at some place that doesn't have good circulation then it'll just be extra weight regardless of material.

Personally I'd keep the stock hood in case you'd ever need to revert back to stock, then use the custom fiber hood. But just be careful never to crash into anything.

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Probably not, but for weight difference, then yes.....
different question is would the lighter weight savings make a difference?

currently 260hp mainline fwd car, aiming 300hp then stop there. was told heavier front would be better for traction.

only street use, not going to race or track it.

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on where you put the vents. If you put them at some place that doesn't have good circulation then it'll just be extra weight regardless of material.

Personally I'd keep the stock hood in case you'd ever need to revert back to stock, then use the custom fiber hood. But just be careful never to crash into anything.
I dont think will sell off the car, just build and keep it.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
different question is would the lighter weight savings make a difference?

currently 260hp mainline fwd car, aiming 300hp then stop there. was told heavier front would be better for traction.

only street use, not going to race or track it.
Well - that's exactly the point. "Street use" not "race or track" so why worry. The lighter hood makes a huge difference if the original hood was heavy to begin with like the Proton Iswara, the hood weighs a metric ton so if you went fiber with that the front end will significantly feel more responsive and potentially have better acceleration. If it was light already like the alu Evo hood then going to fiber won't make a difference.

What car is it anyway?

I dont think will sell off the car, just build and keep it.
Famous last words until you get tempted with another car you've always wanted and can easily afford. Haha!

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well - that's exactly the point. "Street use" not "race or track" so why worry. The lighter hood makes a huge difference if the original hood was heavy to begin with like the Proton Iswara, the hood weighs a metric ton so if you went fiber with that the front end will significantly feel more responsive and potentially have better acceleration. If it was light already like the alu Evo hood then going to fiber won't make a difference.

What car is it anyway?

Famous last words until you get tempted with another car you've always wanted and can easily afford. Haha!
I still want to win on the streets LOL. its a satria neo, my first car I bought new. kept it aside for quite some time, never thought of selling because of my first car and just recently built it back. outside stock nothing changed base model trying to keep it as stock as possible with big exhaust, get cucuk by random cars which is the fun in this car lel.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I still want to win on the streets LOL. its a satria neo, my first car I bought new. kept it aside for quite some time, never thought of selling because of my first car and just recently built it back. outside stock nothing changed base model trying to keep it as stock as possible with big exhaust, get cucuk by random cars which is the fun in this car lel.
:listen: if rear see myvi i usually give way

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The Neo hood is quite light. I doubt a fiber hood would make that much of an impact. But if you got the budget for proper CF hood, then why not?

A modded neo under the hood eh? SLeeper cars are always interesting. But that potentially applies to the tailgater cars too. I've once been tailed by a seemingly stock FD2 and promptly gave way cuz you'll never know if it's a FD2R or not. Sure enough the super loud Vtec engages and the FD2 zips by effortlessly. I'm too old to layan tailgaters anyway. Couldn't be bothered.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The Neo hood is quite light. I doubt a fiber hood would make that much of an impact. But if you got the budget for proper CF hood, then why not?

A modded neo under the hood eh? SLeeper cars are always interesting. But that potentially applies to the tailgater cars too. I've once been tailed by a seemingly stock FD2 and promptly gave way cuz you'll never know if it's a FD2R or not. Sure enough the super loud Vtec engages and the FD2 zips by effortlessly. I'm too old to layan tailgaters anyway. Couldn't be bothered.
Depends on mood loh, like that day after our tt at Citta mall, then the mamak shop, after that we left and on the way out on the road from subang to federal, there was a slow car in front, then came a car from behind flashing his headlamps, like he needs to go to toilet badly (haha), once the front car moved a side, I just boost off, he can't even follow. Later found out from CV who was behind is crab claw civic..... :smokin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Izso and minibeany

=..=

Aug 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

well I think thats the game, need to be prepared to lose also haha. I just find it funny when those super confident bmw, vw, tailgate so close and gets gapped. I never road hog or tailgate others.

sometimes meet proper modded cars, win some lose some. I think most of these guys are friendly ones just want to test. was driving at night one weekend in the middle lane with the highway completely empty. 1 car come tailgate me in the middle lane LOL. after the run he blink the headlights a couple of times and drive off. got a few others wave hand.

At this point rather put the money in the engine mods if i were to decide getting dry CF hood. still got a few more projects to be done. since you said the hood is quite light maybe ill just custom it to have evo 3 vents. wouldnt look too agressive.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
well I think thats the game, need to be prepared to lose also haha. I just find it funny when those super confident bmw, vw, tailgate so close and gets gapped. I never road hog or tailgate others.

sometimes meet proper modded cars, win some lose some. I think most of these guys are friendly ones just want to test. was driving at night one weekend in the middle lane with the highway completely empty. 1 car come tailgate me in the middle lane LOL. after the run he blink the headlights a couple of times and drive off. got a few others wave hand.

At this point rather put the money in the engine mods if i were to decide getting dry CF hood. still got a few more projects to be done. since you said the hood is quite light maybe ill just custom it to have evo 3 vents. wouldnt look too agressive.
You should be able to guestimate the weight of your stock hood bro. But from what I remember it was light as heck.

I rarely ever layan people who flash me. 7 out of 10 times they are young kids with wannabe cars, 2 out of 10 times they are genuine crazy ass modded cars that just want to test and 1 out of 10 times they just need to rush to the nearest toilet and want you out of the way.

As for vents, I just hope you know what you're doing. Rain water and stuff on a super hot manifold is a bad idea and water dripping constantly on electronics is also a bad idea. All the best dude

Reactions: minibeany

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well one of my friend who is driving a new Audi A6 mocked my beloved cefiro a33 for being sluggish and underpowered. So bragged that "german engineering will also be worlds ahead than Japanese engineering" yes I know it is underpowered but I think he deserves a lesson :D. Thus, since I have some spare time, I would like to do some upgrades. Plan on plonking in a 3000cc VQ30DE( 230 PS (170 kW; 230 hp) and 217 lb·ft (294 N·m) (engine lantai, full wiring) and plan on a bolt on turbo(custom). I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience