Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
i jus add a subwoofer to my car
but currently use all my $ to audio edi
no more $ to soundproof
so planning to use bitumen strip or sheet to sound proof my boot 1st
if not reli sound like ah beng la
my question is
is bitumen last long n can tahan hot weather?
how much is bitumen strip at the hardware shop?
wat is the length n width n thickness i can buy leh?
sifu sifu tel me pls

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
last lloonngg...dun worry bout it =P hot weather oso no prb, it doesn't melt so easily, but don't get those from hardware shops, too thin and got history of melting. get from air-cond parts shop...called insulation strips/tape...u tell them bitumen strips oso they will know.

length and width u decide lor...but width usually bout 2 inch they sell. i bought mine 2inch wide and bout 7 meters thick for RM9.

try it, it'll make a diff :) just do it carefully and it won't be messy.

half_lif3

Known Member
Apr 16, 2005
can reccommend me the aircond spare part shop around pj?or
subang also can...
cos i survey..like not much aircond shop around

oh ya....does it self adhesive or need 2 use dunlop glue??

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
i get my supplies from SS15 subang jaya. same row with maybank...ACR air cond supplies.

no need, the bitumen is sticky enuf, just put it on the rub it evenly...oh yea...1 diff from hardware shops bitumen i 4got to mention. it does not have the aluminium backing. i use aluminium foil to make the backing after appling all the bitumen to the surfaces.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
how long bitumen strips last depends on how u use them... i dun have any prob with de bitumen strips i used... as long as u stick them propery with de surface fully stick onto de metal surface.. then it will be fine... it wun melt..

i have them on my engine firewall on the engine side... still sticking tight after 1 year plus...

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
erm..i suggest get those with aluminium sheet...cos it is easier to stick it and it wont make ur hand more dirty..

btw, those with aluminium are more expensive...about 20-2+ per roll

if not wrong those aircond shop 1 is harder..and the material is more kasar...cos my fren aircond shop use it to seal the firewall holes on my kancil when i sevice aircond...it come with a thin layer of clear plastic covered..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought proton wira 1.5 sedan..

i just want to know whether wira rear lamp can convert either to evo 1, 2 and 3??

getting advice from senior.. :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience