BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
source: Formula 1 : News KUBICA - F1-Live.com
f1-live.com

The safety Cell did its job
Doctors Dennis give his first impressions.

Interviewed Monday morning on Montreal radio station 98.5 FM, doctor Ronald Denis gave a few details regarding Robert Kubica's fearful crash on the Gilles-Villeneuve circuit.

Denis, associate head doctor of the Canadian Grand Prix, thought he had seen the Polish driver's final hour. "We thought he was dead. Poor him, it's over. (We thought) there would be no more brain left, that there would be nothing left," he said.

Despite the incredible violence of the accident, Kubica was able to describe the collision with Jarno Trulli's car, the impact against the wall and the rolls that ensued, but there exists a blank space between the end of his course and the moment where he opened his eyes to discover the presence of track personnel.

"We were impressed because he was talking to us," related doctor Denis, adding that Robert Kubica owes his life to the highly-developed technology of the safety cell which surrounds the cockpit.

"We see the results today. A few years ago, that driver would never have come out alive from an accident like that one," said Ronald Denis, underlining that quite to the contrary, his patient emerges with "no major wounds," except for a sprain and a light concussion.

The BMW-Sauber team will decide over the next few days if their driver will race in the United States Grand Prix this week, a wish Kubica has already expressed.
if you check the damage done on the car, the latest Technology and FIA safety guide did help a lot to save driver's life.

my first worry is Kubica's leg! Kubica with 1.84m, is kind of tall for driver (8cm taller than Schumi), the badly damage front nose remind me of Alex Zanardi who lost both of his leg in a CART racing accident. Glad to hear that he is okay.

Last edited:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
source:Formula 1 : News ALONSO - F1-Live.com (f1-live.com)

Hamilton's win 'lucky' says Alonso

Fernando Alonso in Canada insisted that a poor race result had not made him downbeat.

By finishing just seventh in Montreal, the Spaniard lost his championship lead to his rookie McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton, who now tops the drivers' standings by eight points.

Alonso, however, pointed the finger at the safety car rules, 'bad luck' and badly graining Bridgestone tyres, and contrasted his situation to that of the hospitalised Robert Kubica.

"I am fine," the 25-year-old reigning world champion, who set the fastest lap of the race, told the Spanish newspaper Diario As.

"What do you want me to say? It has been a difficult race but I prefer to be in my position that Kubica's. You don't even want to race at all when you see someone crash like that."

"I am second in the world championship and I have a car that can win races with eleven (races) to go. I still feel like I am the favourite for the title,"
he added.

Alonso said he thought Hamilton had been 'lucky' to not similarly fall foul of the safety car rules, which he said would have dropped the young Briton to eighth.

"He had the luck with the safety car and I did not, but this is normal. Because of it the race was a lottery and the spectators got to see a Williams on the podium."

Regarding Hamilton's lead, Alonso reiterated his impression so far: "He is in the best position now and all the rest of us must recover, but I still see the title as being disputed by four drivers."
To me, this double WDC champion's sarcastic statement doesn't recognise and respect the hard work of Hamilton and Williams + Alex Wurz at all.

he must have forgot he make a huge mistake and miss the turn one at the beginning of the race. At least I didn't see Hamilton make such mistake.

Last edited:

[Joc]

Known Member
May 5, 2004
I thought Kubica was badly injured too... but i guess the safety standards in F1 are really high. What really surprised me though was that even with such high standards of safety and he survived with no problems, why were his feet exposed outside the survival tub?!?!

Link to picture with his feet exposed: autosport.com - Photo Gallery: Canadian GP Sunday (2007)

If the car had barrel rolled on the front side/his feet.. they would have been completely crushed. He wouldn't have just walked away with a sprained ankle. He is indeed a very lucky chap...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton, Nick Heidfeld and Alex Wurz!
This was the most exciting race for 2007 till date.
Lucky for Kubica to escape the terrible accident with just minor accident.
Wonder what would those doctors and race experts will comment about the safety of F1 cars and what will happen to Kubica if Kubica roll barrel from head to tail and not left to right like what Joc mentioned.
Hope there will be more action in the following 11 races!

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
Alonso's recent remark about the team favouring LH is very unbecoming of a double world champ. I really think he's reamrks were taken out of context with the newspapers writing all sorts of sensational views.
But if he did make those remarks, then its so clear to see that the double world chap is under tremendious pressure from a rookie. LH is getting life easy in F1 at the moment. Been with the team for years, already highly respected as a driver and fully customized to Bridgestone.
I'd expect after Canada Alonso would get down to business and blow this young kid away..teach him a thing or 2 about the business of formula 1 and how he's pampered by the mercedes team. remember, alonso only got his drive through a paid sponsorship program with the then and now defunct Minardi team and went on to claim b2b world titles in his 2nd and 3rd season. I'd say he's been through the baptism of formula 1

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Alonso always complaining like baby, previously when he was in Renault after signing the contract with Dennis, he start complain that team focus on Fisi instead of him.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Former Grand Prix winner John Watson did termed Alonso as cry baby as he complained about the McLaren team favouritist young GP winner Lewis.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
There are rumour saying that the world champion will break off with McLaren since the relationship between the world champion, his teammate and the team is turning sour.
There are 3 other teams that are interested in signing up the world champion and Ferrari is one of them. Sounds interesting!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

copy and paste from sites...... :D

Reason: I had already started playing around with a primitive ram air system and was about to do the air box mod which would remove the hose from the air box to the crankcase ventilation, so I needed something to put on the crankcase ventilation connection.

Objective: Remove the air box to crankcase ventilation hose and replace the hose with a K&N Breather Filter.

Warning: This mod may not be for everyone. If...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience