Living with Euros (Non-BMW,Merc,Audi)

YEBWOY27

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Is the Older PUG model as over warranty already.

Renault owns 40 plus % of Nissan already. I saw the Koleos and the salesman said is equipped with Nissan engine. Not sure what other models are with Nissan engine
Figured, thanks for the info! Time to do some light reading

The Alfa 159 in rosso corsa is still sexy as hell, but used prices not cheap. Makes more sense to buy an E90 diesel. And I wonder how the cabin plastics and rubber hold up in our weather. I remember first seeing it in Quantum of Solace chasing the DBS down.
Suuuper sexy, the design was really ahead of its time, and those Alfa logo embossed seats? Goddamn. Although, I imagine the maintenance is a real pain in the @$$ & Wallet. Got a couple of cars lined up this weekend, hopefully something fruitful turns up, else ill just end up with a Mustang Ecoboost hahahaha

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Mustang Ecoboost is a good choice, except the crash ratings are really omg wtf are you doing Ford.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Was it a recent 308T? I know the previous gen was plagued, but havent seen a new gen 308 owner complain yet. Maybe im not lookin in the right places hahah.

Didnt know Renault supplies cars with Nissan engines now. Does this apply to non-RS models like the Clio GT?
Renault and Nissan are bed buddies. Like the Renault Fluence shares the same MR20 engine similar to the Nissan Sylphy.

My mech has an abandoned 308T parked in front of his shop. The owner kept visiting him for all sorts of different problems until the GB died. He told my mech to just scrap the car and he'll report it as stolen. So now it's there as spare parts. Anyone want the 308T rims?

marv3

Known Member

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
The T7 308T has alot of problems. But not for the last batch. The 2014 408T and 308T has ALOT less issues and some has no issues. The new T9 308T, i have no info as i dont follow with their news and updates anymore. Nice interior and looks the new 308T has. I just dont like the opposing rev and and speed meter needle.

Anyhow, money and time and emotions is yours. If you really like any of this "cold door" car, just go ahead. Most important is you have to like driving it even if it gives problems. Coz u will be spending alot of time in it.

Reactions: Tom and YEBWOY27

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The T7 308T has alot of problems. But not for the last batch. The 2014 408T and 308T has ALOT less issues and some has no issues. The new T9 308T, i have no info as i dont follow with their news and updates anymore. Nice interior and looks the new 308T has. I just dont like the opposing rev and and speed meter needle.

Anyhow, money and time and emotions is yours. If you really like any of this "cold door" car, just go ahead. Most important is you have to like driving it even if it gives problems. Coz u will be spending alot of time in it.
After the first batch with so much problems most are scare to buy dy......

marv3

Known Member

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
After the first batch with so much problems most are scare to buy dy......
Yeah. True also. So it really depends on how much you like the car la. Like i said, get 2nd hand. a 2-3yrs old car will be cheaper by 40%-50% already. So not so heart pain lor......Hahahahaha....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah. True also. So it really depends on how much you like the car la. Like i said, get 2nd hand. a 2-3yrs old car will be cheaper by 40%-50% already. So not so heart pain lor......Hahahahaha....
But still some are already scare stiff, don't want the trouble always sending car to SC....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

How to like driving it. Most of the time it’s in the SC. My friend have one of the first 6 speed models. He drives it hard. Touch wood no problem. But he says really cry no tears on maintaining it. Like the radiator prone to cracking and cost a bomb to change. And want to sell, no buyers.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Talking about radiator, I got a friend on a 306. Radiator is plastic and got a slight crack. Called PUG SC and it cost RM1.6k and that was like many years ago. Mechanic tried epoxy the crack, it worked but the pressure went elsewhere and other areas started to leak and in the end had to changed eventually.
Then he tried to trade in for Camry at about 5 years old at that time, salesman asked if he had another car. Then he say got very old Honda SM4, salesman say he will take that rather than the PUG.....lol

Reactions: YEBWOY27

marv3

Known Member

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
How to like driving it. Most of the time it’s in the SC. My friend have one of the first 6 speed models. He drives it hard. Touch wood no problem. But he says really cry no tears on maintaining it. Like the radiator prone to cracking and cost a bomb to change. And want to sell, no buyers.
When ever it is not in SC or when driving it to SC lor.......

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

YEBWOY27

YEBWOY27

Apr 24, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Some Renault nowadays like Fluence are actually running on Japanese DNA as it is using Nissan engine.
Crazy promos on the Fluence, friend who works at Renault said they got too many 2015 leftover units baking in the sun. Wish their Japanese DNA was on reliability :banghead:

When ever it is not in SC or when driving it to SC lor.......
Yes bro very lucky! Enjoy it, the frenchies really feel specially when you sit on the inside. Surprisingly gets alot of looks too!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok, my car has already done 150,000kms and since I bought it used I'm not too sure whether the previous owner got send for overhaul before or not.

The engine feels rough and I think it's about time for an overhaul.
Should I sent the car to the authorised service centre for overhaul or can somebody recommend me a good workshop?

What's the cost usually for an engine overhaul?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience