DIY Fiat 600D restorodding

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Good luck bro. Your restoration skills are amazing. Most of the time, restoration job like this would take years, but the finished product is worth all the time, money and effort that you spend.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
there is loads of room in these cars........... even with stock seats, 6ft can fit easily.. on my car i have cobra classics, sitting lower and further back. 500 also has lots of space, actually better than a mini

i laughed at one australian haltech guy vid in youtube...

coz he is over 6ft tall if not mistaken...

and driving the mini, his knee is touching his elbow... :driver: :biggrin:

noripsni

Jul 3, 2018
yep, minis are cramped compared with 600's, I'm 5/11 and fi well in stock 600 and 850

noripsni

Jul 3, 2018
well thanks for the comments etc. not much feed back on my questions about daihatsu engines. i will ask else where. thanks.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well thanks for the comments etc. not much feed back on my questions about daihatsu engines. i will ask else where. thanks.
missed your question on this...

but if it relate back to old question in facebook (wheelspin group if not mistaken).... then it really depends on how far u want to make your resto-mod 600....

some purist may cry.... but if it purely for insane turbocharged power...it can handle that easy..

noripsni

Jul 3, 2018
Fiat 600 is around 600cc like L2, no?
no, stock 600d is 767cc, mine was 903cc with around 60+ bhp and a red line of 8000rpm, the reason I was/am thinking of putting in a different engine is for possible power gains and higher reliable RPM to off set my low gearing, 8000RPM was just 154KPH on my old car, also, supplies of good uncut heads and uncut cranks are kinda low, and I still need to find a crank for a new build if I stick with Fiat power---. the stock gearbox can handle up to 100ish BHP and I have already upgraded the drive shafts so a tuned daihatsu motor of over 70-80bhp and able to hold high RPM is a definite plus. as for purists? lol, I dont care about them, the car is already quite modified from original with changes to brakes and suspension etc............. I was hoping to connect with some DIY or workshop guys over this, as set up in the car will require a bare spare block/crank/flywheel combo in order to design and make a conversion adaptor and check out clutch work, was hoping to find some unservicable stuff to play with. checking out the chop shops half cuts seem cheap enough, but I don't have the knowledge on what to choose as the best basis for a hot screaming turbo twin cam :)

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
no, stock 600d is 767cc, mine was 903cc with around 60+ bhp and a red line of 8000rpm, the reason I was/am thinking of putting in a different engine is for possible power gains and higher reliable RPM to off set my low gearing, 8000RPM was just 154KPH on my old car, also, supplies of good uncut heads and uncut cranks are kinda low, and I still need to find a crank for a new build if I stick with Fiat power---. the stock gearbox can handle up to 100ish BHP and I have already upgraded the drive shafts so a tuned daihatsu motor of over 70-80bhp and able to hold high RPM is a definite plus. as for purists? lol, I dont care about them, the car is already quite modified from original with changes to brakes and suspension etc............. I was hoping to connect with some DIY or workshop guys over this, as set up in the car will require a bare spare block/crank/flywheel combo in order to design and make a conversion adaptor and check out clutch work, was hoping to find some unservicable stuff to play with. checking out the chop shops half cuts seem cheap enough, but I don't have the knowledge on what to choose as the best basis for a hot screaming turbo twin cam :)
Since its completely custom, have u considered YRV engine?

Personally i called this engine the naughty engine if fitted to Perodua Kelisa or Kenari.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

if u say so... then the L200 sohc turbo is pretty easy to work with...

really simple because plenty of its part sharing between the normal older spec of perodua kancil 660 (except for piston,conrod,and probably camshaft)

and often from 660cc people mix n match the engine part to be 850 turbo and even 1.0 3cyl turbo...

but atleast if u think going to 1.0 turbo mix n match part...u should consider straight to yrv 1.3 turbo... more modern engine.. and 130hp straight from factory spec... (with slightly lower rev limit at around 6-7k rpm)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all, I'm currently using a GSR Turbo with TD05H E3 turbo. Using E-Manage blue for tuning and running at 1.1 boost. I'm using E3 fuel injectors 510cc. Blitz boost controller.

I thougt of upgrading to higher topspeed. Curently I'm getting 210kh/h @ 7,000 rpm on stock GSR gear box. What's all the sifu's advice on this? Should I go for E3 gearbox? Or E1..E2 gearbox? Or just chg final gear ratio and add LSD?

What's the recommended boost? If I boost 1.5 bar, should I change the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience